Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
roadcourse
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18
Default Anonymous Email Account

I'm not an Information Technology person by any stretch of the imagination.

I have noticed a lot of the ladies on Eros and other similar places are using an email with xxx@protonmail.com

I Googled this and it is allegedly an anonymous email provider based in Switzerland.

Question: Does anyone with the proper credentials (other than just reading and believing proton's email site) know if it is completely anonymous? I obviously don't trust on things like this quickly. I can get a "fake" hotmail account but it can be traced through my IP address.

I need a completely anonymous address for reasons having nothing to do with what goes on here or the sport.

Thank you very much,

RC
roadcourse is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
guy fawkes
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476288,00.asp
guy fawkes is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
MasterShake
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

Protonmail is reliable. Everything* is encrypted in your browser before it gets sent so even they cannot read your mail. Anything that gets sent externally gets encrypted the moment it reaches their systems.

* - Only between protonmail users.
MasterShake is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
courtesyphone
Registered Member

it depends on what you mean by completely anonymous. protonmail is probably as safe as any regular person has access to. but if you need protection against anything other than casual inspection, encrypted email providers are just a very small part of the defense*.

* pro tip: there is no good defense. only various flavors ranging from useless to costing more in time/money than your opponent wants to spend.

** oh and email is, by it's very nature completely insecure. since you won't be using it to communicate with only protonmail users, your messages will basically be like postcards sent through the mail. and even if you had a super nifty secret language you used, knowing who/when you messaged is *just by itself* extremely valuable information.
courtesyphone is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
roadcourse
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Thanks repliers. It sounds like there is not such a thing as anonymous email. To me, anonymous means anonymous. Keep the thread going as I really need one. Purpose is private of course ; )
roadcourse is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #6
Mr. Candel
Registered Member

If you really want to be anonymous with email, you will have to be anonymous with the internet overall. Consider a completely independent set of hardware and only log in through free wifi places. And, investigate using software that can jump your IP to other countries so you can't be easily traced. But know that there is no such thing as truly anonymous if a nation state wants to identify and find you. They can and will.
Mr. Candel is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #7
courtesyphone
Registered Member

i wanted to add that this is a human problem as much as a tech problem. even if your tech tools were 100 percent secure (oh god, no) you would still leave your laptop unlocked*, your burner phone in the glovebox, your shared bank account with a unexpected charge or an emergency contact that receives a call at exactly the wrong moment. this will happen because you are a human person and human persons make mistakes.

that isn't to say you shouldn't try and use good privacy/anonymizing techniques. only they are not sufficient.

*this is exactly how the guy running the silk road dark web site got busted.
courtesyphone is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #8
anonsull
Valued Poster

I lost my pw to a protonmail acc and in order to reset it, they erased my entire inbox. Wether thats good or bad depends on you. But I doubt they will give up your info as quick as g-mail or yahoo.

I cringe whenever I see a provider with a non proton email. It's basically mandatory at this point.
anonsull is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:43 PM   #9
MasterShake
Registered Member

If you lose your password to PM you lose the encryption key to decrypt your email, so there's no alternative.
MasterShake is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #10
Zollner
BANNED

Encounters: 64

Wondering how do you rate protonmail? Set up a protonmail account for Switter but seldom use either now.
Zollner is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
Anonymous01
Valued Poster

Default I only use Proton VPN and Protonmail

For all hobby communications.

Proton VPN is awesome - they just doubled the number of countries with servers, and you can actually choose which countries you want to route the VPN through and save each route as a profile for future use.

Protonmail allows you to verify and lock the encryption key of other Protonmail users in your address book. If their encryption key ever changes, it will alert you that email address and account have likely been hacked.

The VPN and email suite is very well thought out, easy to use, and allows you to select security levels (keys, PGP, 1024 versus 2048 bit encryption, etc.).

On a separate note, I only communicate with providers that have a Protonmail account that I can verify and lock their encryption key. If a provider is careful enough to encrypt incoming / outgoing, they are probably safer overall on many levels (thorough screening, regular health check ups, etc.).

I don't communicate with providers that use Yahoo (fake accounts), GMail (largest supplier of user data to the intel community) or Hotmail accounts.

This may sound excessive, but how much do you have to lose if you are publically outed (happens all the time here), or catch an uncurable health condition from a provider that can't be bothered to screen, or are caught in a local "human trafficking" sweep though false ads placed in your town? (Again, happens all the time here.)

Just my $0.02.
Anonymous01 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

User ID: 83529
My ECCIE Reviews

Okay guys... protonmail is a great concept; however, many of the providers who have used it (including me) got our notifications the first month very quickly, but after the first month or so, protonmail would not notify us if we had mail.

This caused many of us not to know that we had pm's or p411 requests, etc. Is there another safe option besides protonmail, where we would always get our notifications?
Lil Oral Annie is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #13
LustyBustyGina38FF
Bday 56yr young

User ID: 205713
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Safeoffice.com is for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie View Post
Okay guys... protonmail is a great concept; however, many of the providers who have used it (including me) got our notifications the first month very quickly, but after the first month or so, protonmail would not notify us if we had mail.

This caused many of us not to know that we had pm's or p411 requests, etc. Is there another safe option besides protonmail, where we would always get our notifications?
LustyBustyGina38FF is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #14
Guest041919
Account Disabled

User ID: 470556
My ECCIE Reviews

EasyCrypt let's you have all the same safeguards of proton mail while keeping your regular Google or Yahoo or Hotmail address. So they say.
Guest041919 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women