Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37051
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-30-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
SaydieKneew
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 501349
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Astros tonight

Are you guys prepared for the game tonight, win or lose?!
SaydieKneew is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

All I know is after giving the momentum back to the Nationals, they'd better win it all tonight! I was mad as hell last night!

This is the first time ever in a World Series that both teams hadn't won a home game through 6 games. Astros must end that shit TONIGHT!!!
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
romroos
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

I was stupid disappointed in JV. AJ, please don’t bring in Devenski or James.
romroos is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:37 PM   #4
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

It's super cool no home team has one a home game. If the Nationals win tonight that will be the first time in any professional sport. Been an Astro fans to the days when they wore the rainbows consistently, however I will route for the Nationals tonight because the stat of no home team will be a great trivia question I might know in the future.
Fizley is online now   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:40 PM   #5
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Astros blew it!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 PM   #6
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Astros blew it!
Yeah they muthafuckin' did!!
kerwil62 is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 05:31 AM   #7
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I'm proud of them to have gotten this far.
The nats 2qnted it more
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:20 AM   #8
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Cole will be gone next year. Why he didn’t pitch after they pulled Grienke is beyond me.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:29 AM   #9
HoeHummer
BANNED

Vive les Expos!
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:32 AM   #10
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Hindsight is always 20/20 but why Greinke got pulled is beyond me. The lower half of the order was coming up and he had been dominant up to that point. A double play ball, a couple of which he had already set up, would have ended the inning. He was at 80 pitches and no real stressful situations that he had to pitch out of.

It's a knee jerk reaction that Hinch will live with all winter. He seemed determined to pitch Cole to close the game and was setting it up to do just that. He wanted to look like the smartest manager in MLB. It bit him in the ass.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Hindsight is always 20/20 but why Greinke got pulled is beyond me. The lower half of the order was coming up and he had been dominant up to that point. A double play ball, a couple of which he had already set up, would have ended the inning. He was at 80 pitches and no real stressful situations that he had to pitch out of.

It's a knee jerk reaction that Hinch will live with all winter. He seemed determined to pitch Cole to close the game and was setting it up to do just that. He wanted to look like the smartest manager in MLB. It bit him in the ass.
I bet the Astros because of their starting pitching. If Hinch was determined to use Cole he certainly didn’t carry out his plan. If you don’t let Grienke finish the inning, you have to bring in the best pitcher available. Cole was warmed up and ready to go. Mind boggling.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:06 AM   #12
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
I bet the Astros because of their starting pitching. If Hinch was determined to use Cole he certainly didn’t carry out his plan. If you don’t let Grienke finish the inning, you have to bring in the best pitcher available. Cole was warmed up and ready to go. Mind boggling.
Hinch is on record that his plan was to pitch Harris in the 7th, Osuna in the 8th and Cole to close the game because he wanted Cole to be a part of the win.
It blew up in his face when they scored 6 runs against the relievers.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:01 AM   #13
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Hinch is on record that his plan was to pitch Harris in the 7th, Osuna in the 8th and Cole to close the game because he wanted Cole to be a part of the win.
It blew up in his face when they scored 6 runs against the relievers.
Sure did. Dumbass.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #14
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Hope this goes a long way to prove the point that managers overmanage....they think they have to do something. This play off season, it happened to the Dodgers manager and Brewers manager, for switching pitchers, only to turn into an immediate disaster.

But AJ took the cake. I believe Zach had a 2 hitter going. He still had good stuff, and only 70 or so pitches. Cole could have come in and the likely result would have been a 2 to 1 Astros win, and the World Series win.

But AJ had to bring in Harris, who just gave up a home run the day before.
Then he brings in a different starting pitcher for the 9th to get out of the jam...unreal.

It has become almost like a stock market trader. You always feel like you need to do something.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #15
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

I don't agree with bringing Cole in at all. He's never made a college or professional relief appearance. Being a great starter doesn't equal being a great closer. It's a different mindset and approach. John Smolz even seemed skeptical about bringing Cole in and he's done both. I mean, you go with the guys who got you there. You know what they've got so you let them do their thing. Osuna isn't a set up man, he's a closer. It wasn't his usual spot and he seemed uncomfortable.

I do agree that Greinke should have stayed in the game. After getting the first batter out he gave up the HR and then a 5 pitch walk to Soto. (It's not the worst idea to pitch around that guy and bring up Kendrick). He wasn't in a bind and I believe he was at 80 pitches. He'd never really been in a bind all game long. A runner on 1st, 1 out and the lower half of the lineup due up is not a reason to panic. Greinke had thrown some double play balls. His breaking stuff was biting and falling out. He could have easily gotten out of that inning and gone another before reaching the heart of the lineup again. Then you bring in Harris, who was the hottest pitcher in the series and Osuna to close it just like they'd done dozens of times this year. The way Hinch played it put everyone out of their comfort zone.

It seems like Hinch wanted to make some kind of statement. I don't know if he was trying to seal his place in WS history by doing something "unique" or what but yeah he did overmanage by not trusting the guys who got him there.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women