Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Gentlemen and Ladies:
I won't debate with you the criteria for a Moderator or Admin to lock threads. I will tell you that unless we stay on track and stop the personal tit fot tat, this one will be closed as well.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #32
Codybeast
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
Austin Members should be able to post on an Austin Thread and have it Moderated by an Austin Member.

Austin Members should NOT have to post in the Dallas Thread after the Austin version is locked by a Dallas member....
Whispers

I concede right up front that I know far less about the adult entertainment industry than you do so we don't have to go on about how little I know. Personally I see this as a positive with no disrespect to you. I realize you know what you know and You are probably correct in that the thread should not have been locked down by a Dallas member.

Whether it would have continued to reap constructive feedback? That is hard to say as the entire mood of the thread had turned more hostile than I have seen on these boards in some time with an "us against them demeanor." Why is this so important to you?

Even You can't debate this.

With a confrontational atmosphere I sincerely doubt that it would have amounted to more than a complaint forum further wounding the relationship between hobbyists and providers. By the time it would have run it's course every provider logging in would have been on the defensive so what are they going to take away of benefit which was the initial point of the thread?

We all played a part in this so why not just let it go and reboot? What is to be accomplished here? Ok the thread reopens and the fighting continues. Look at where this thread has gone already. That says it all.

When the smoke clears Who wins? What was the point?
Codybeast is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #33
Carl
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codybeast View Post

We all played a part in this so why not just let it go and reboot? What is to be accomplished here? Ok the thread reopens and the fighting continues. Look at where this thread has gone already. That says it all.

When the smoke clears Who wins? What was the point?
I was going to post in that thread before it was closed but I jammed my cock into a bee hive and smacked the shit out of the hive over and over again with a sand wedge until the urge went away.

On the bright side my cock is ENORMOUS now. The doctor at the ER said it'll take at least a week before the swelling goes down. So, I got that going for me.

Does anybody know if Benadryl cream can be used as lube? Is it safe for use with latex condoms? Is it considered a fetish if you have an EpiPen ready or is it a fetish only if you have to use it? Does it cost extra?

Just curious.

Anyway, I'm going by Fiesta to buy a few things. Can I pick up something for anybody while I'm there?
Carl is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #34
FGarvin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:

What if we all started asking for our threads to be locked whenever we get a little resistance?

It's not a precedent you should be setting....
Once you own the site, Whispers, you can set whichever precedent you chose.

FGarvin
FGarvin is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #35
RoundRockSecret
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

RoundRockSecret is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #36
Natalie Reign
Account Disabled

User ID: 3105
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you, Codybeast, for an insightful and constructive post. I wish that more Austin hobbyists would speak up in a positive manner on this board, but I'm beginning to feel that the increasing negativity and hostile interactions that have been taking place recently are simply too much for the providers to manage while still keeping a good attitude about the hobby in general. As a consequence, many of the ladies have decided to stay away from the Co-Ed boards entirely. To me, that's quite a shame, because I've taken part in some valuable, interesting and just plain fun threads in the past, and believe that's the main reason these forums exist: to communicate in a constructive manner.

I agree that most hobbyists would like to pay less for the same great service. And I acknowledge that most providers would enjoy earning more for the same great service. The problem here is that what a provider offers isn't just a service; it's her body, the most important thing she owns. Women's bodies are intricately connected to their emotions, and despite our best efforts to compartmentalize, our emotions undoubtedly contribute to our performance in this job.

As GFE providers, we are expected to be someone that our clients could see themselves falling in love with. To play the part, we must convey interest in the client as a person, pay attention to his turn-ons and turn-offs, and create a passionate environment for our encounters to take place. I'm not sure about everyone else, but when I do all those things, I'm not pretending. I genuinely care about the client's needs, desires and satisfaction - not simply because I want him as a repeat client (of course I do!), but also because I gain a sense of personal satisfaction from the nurturing aspects of the hobby. We talk, get to know each other on a deeper level, and reflect a sense of caring for each other, even if only for an hour at a time. If I know a client didn't leave my incall feeling extraordinarily pampered and relaxed, then I refrain from seeing him again and refer him to someone better suited to his needs. The fact that I care this much inevitably makes way for my emotions to intertwine with my physical acts.

Because my emotions are so involved in the process, I choose to keep my rates at a level that I've found is most conducive to attracting the type of clients I wish to spend time with.

I've found that when I've seen clients at 180-200/hr on the first visit, as a general rule, I felt less connected to the client, and more like a "quick fix" in the middle of his busy day. In general, I've also seen a decline in manners and hygiene, as well as clients trying to push the time over by 10,15, even 30 minutes without compensation. In contrast, clients who pay the higher donations generally tend to take more care with preparing for the session, being a gentleman, and being fully engaged in the meeting. Note that I'm not speaking in absolutes, but noting a general trend that persuaded me to eventually land on the rates I currently request.

In addition, I, too, have heard from multiple clients that they won't see a girl with rates below X amount because it reflects a greater possibility of her being a high-volume provider. I agree with that assumption, because the lower our rates sink, the more clients we will have to see to pay monthly expenses, and, in my case, the lower quality my service becomes. If I have the privilege of only seeing 1 gentleman per day, 3 days a week, I am happier, more eager, and perform much better than if I had to see 2 or 3 clients a day, every day, to make ends meet.

My regulars are well aware that they will be privy to specials and continuously discounted rates, but that's a privilege I afford to gentlemen who have been loyal clients for an extended amount of time. Some of these special rates are extremely low, but I can afford to offer them because of the elimination of screening time, the reduced risk factor, and the knowledge that their visits at rock-bottom prices will most likely average out with the full-price visits. I know many other ladies offer these types of "secret" specials, and yet we're still lambasted for having "high" donations.

There seems to be a very warped sense of how much providers actually make and what types of expenses they have, as well as a very generalized assumption that all providers have the ability to take a full-time or part-time job instead of or as a supplement to providing. In addition to the job market being incredibly tough right now, providers with children would have to pay for full-time childcare to work both jobs, whereas they may only have to pay for a few hours of childcare per week to provide. Providers in undergraduate or graduate school need time for class, studying, work and providing in addition to personal time, and it's probably more lucrative to see 2 clients per week and leave the remaining time for studying than it is to take a part-time job and be stressed about balancing work and school.

Yes, providers make more per hour than many of the hobbyists do. However, you can't assume that providers work 40, 30, 20 or even 10 hours a week. Right now, most of the seasoned providers seem to be averaging between 2-5 appointments per week, regardless of how much they charge. Lowering rates is not resulting in a sustained increase in business, so what's the incentive, especially when providers are being verbally railed by hobbyists and made to feel like they aren't worth any more than a certain dollar amount for the service they provide?
Natalie Reign is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #37
FGarvin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
We engage in meaningful debate and have the ability to stay on topic.

However.

We also don't take any shit from people around here whether they are providers or guys.
I'll also note that you like to use the term "we" a lot. You certainly don't speak on my behalf.
FGarvin is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #38
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

It is a fine line on how much of this is business and how much of it is emotions.

We all have our pride and what we consider what are value is, but if the Mortgage is late and the bill collectors are calling, 'Pride' is not paying my bills, cold hard cash is!!!
I can shit in one hand and want in the other... I have had to lower my profit margin by upwards of 30-40% to keep my phones ringing.
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #39
Vyt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

There's no drama like forum moderation drama, especially when everyone involved seems to believe they should be the moderator.

I'll chime in with my own "I really should be a mod!" advice and note that the outright hostility here is really counterproductive to the stated purpose of the thread, the original thread, and the forum (and, incidentally, is why I usually lurk instead of post more actively).

This entire enterprise involves fantasies, and having men and women holding metaphorical knives to each others' throats isn't particularly my fantasy.
Vyt is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #40
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Austin and Dallas are so different in so many ways, I was introduced to the Austin area of this hobby by a retired Dallas provider that use to tour there a few years ago. It doesn't surprise me to see the reaction of that thread by the two very different cities after spending a lot of time in both cities hobbying. I have gotten to known members and providers from both Austin and Dallas and it my as well be like France and England but with France being ruled by English aristocrats here on ECCIE. How you can not have an Administrator from Austin running their own turf is beyond me, because IMO Austin should have their area moderated and ran by members who live in Austin, not just visit there or know members by word of mouth or reputation alone.
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #41
St.Mateo
Love the curves

Encounters: 14

Just another reminder from here on ANY personal attack in any form wont be ever tolerated again as far as I am concerned If you dont like it fine.
Go somewhere else or buy another board and create your own rules, but if you are going to post here everyone needs to go read the rules again and this time make more than a half assed effort to follow them.
And before anyone comments that I live in the Dallas area I help moderate here and in Houston as well as DFW, If you dont like it well sorry thats the way it is. I was asked by all of the owners to do this so when you whine about where a mod is from just remember that is insignificant vs the problems all of you created
All of you that bitch and moan created this enviroment. Its up to you now to fix it
St.Mateo is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #42
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Mateo View Post
Go somewhere else or buy another board and create your own rules
Bravo Mateo!

I heartily endorse the idea that the malcontents go and create their own "free speech" spinoff review board. Anyone can quickly create their own board and take all the traffic away from the the evil and oppressive management on this board. Look at all the successful "spinoff" boards that have been formed over the years as spinoffs from ASPD and ECCIE.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #43
TexRich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

well, my intention was not to hurt any feelings or bruise any egos. But, point made and it is what it is.

anyway, just another day on a john and hooker board. besos to the ladies and high fives to the fellas.

and to St. Mateo, considering all you are going through, my apologies.
TexRich is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #44
Rand Al'Thor

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Mateo View Post
Just another reminder from here on ANY personal attack in any form wont be ever tolerated again as far as I am concerned If you dont like it fine.
Go somewhere else or buy another board and create your own rules, but if you are going to post here everyone needs to go read the rules again and this time make more than a half assed effort to follow them.
And before anyone comments that I live in the Dallas area I help moderate here and in Houston as well as DFW, If you dont like it well sorry thats the way it is. I was asked by all of the owners to do this so when you whine about where a mod is from just remember that is insignificant vs the problems all of you created
All of you that bitch and moan created this enviroment. Its up to you now to fix it
Welcome to moderating in Austin. I see that you will take feedback well, and make every effort to understand those you moderate. I can also see that you will make great efforts to lighten the mood and change the negativity everyone talks about here.

So what exactly is up to the 'you' to fix, the fact that you've been asked to moderate here or the environment? What's wrong with the environment?
Rand Al'Thor is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #45
davidsmith0123
Valued Poster

I'm new here, but if someone wants a discussion restarted or continued why not start a thread and re-ask or rephrase the original question. Is that against some rule? Do the moderaters prohibit this?

I am surprised by all the hostility in the previous thread, and in this thread. It is obvious that, all else the same, clients want lower prices and providers want higher prices. That's true in most if not all business. We ought to be able to say this, respectfully, without getting angry at each other. After all, don't we all come together (bad pun?) to do business. Why hurl insults? It's bad for business. I doubt if I will see providers who hurl insults at clients (and this probably reveals that I am not interested in certain activities), and I strongly suspect providers will feel the same toward clients hurling insults at them.

There was a lot of talk about provider income. Certainly the hourly rates are impressive, but how many hours? We can all do the math, and what seems to be a focal point income of $100K (mentioned several times in the original thread) requires about 20 sessions per 50 weeks at $100, 10 per 50 weeks at $200, and about 6.5 at $300. If $100K is really a focal point, do clients want to see a provider who sees 4 clients per working day, 5 days per week? Speaking for myself, I would pay more for a lower volume provider. I certainly don't want to be 4th, or 5th on the busy day!

Providers on the prior thread mentioned expenses, perhaps incall expenses, and certainly personal upkeep. I imagine this can easily exceed $1k per month. A provider on the original thread estimated $1.5K per month, and I have no reason to doubt her number. More pressure on the bottom line.

After saying all this, I understand that Austin is not imune to the woes of the national economy. Many clients have seen declining income and/or a decline in hours worked. This leads to a reduced demand for many goods and services. Providers are not immune from this, as they see the decline in demand for their services. Providers face a tough choice when considering fees and hours worked. Some may exit the industry. I am sure this general decline in income is a difficult issue for both clients and providers, frustrating for all of us. There is no magic answer to the original post, where the original poster sought a solution that would keep local experienced provider income high by utilizing less the services of visitors or new entrants, a reallocation of monies spent by clients from new/out-of-town providers to experienced/in-town providers. I'll not question her goal, but I note that achieving it still leaves some provider somewhere with reduced income.

Sorry for the lengthy discourse. For the corny ending, I'll repeat the old mantra, 'make love not war.' That's what I'm for (with apologies to Pat Green).
davidsmith0123 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women