Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70387
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22
Default 3600 Views and a 126 replies in less than 40 hours and you lock a thread because the OP isn't getting things her way and requests it?

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=104628

Lame.....

and to be honest the most surprising decision I've seen made around here since joining.....

So.....

What if we all started asking for our threads to be locked whenever we get a little resistance?

It's not a precedent you should be setting....
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

gotta agree...
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Guest060211-3
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

more popcorn

peace
atx
S.E.B.
Guest060211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #4
Beagle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I arrived a little late to jump on the bandwagon.

Is this thread going to be a continuation of the other thread or does the OP want this thread to be about closing threads prematurely?
Beagle is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:57 AM   #5
Rand Al'Thor

Encounters: 3

Well, hobby goes on with or without that thread. I spend my money how I see fit, and if a local lady or a traveling one sees fit to compete for it, it's a free market.

It's funny though. While I think it's safe to say that most of the providers understand what they do for a living, they seem to loath seeing themselves as part of a market. Why? Because being part of a market would mean that they are not an island of a unique service that is unaffected by economic turns, increasing supply, decreasing demand, or simple human nature.

I was visiting family over the weekend and missed the original thread. Shame.
Rand Al'Thor is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

The Dallas thread started by the same person, with the same topic, remains alive. It appears, just as Whispers suggests, that it was closed just because the OP was getting a little resistance.
ferdburf is online now   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
Guest022712-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2245
My ECCIE Reviews

Check your rules guys. The OP of any thread can request that it be closed at any time for any reason. Don't like it? Complain to the powers that be-- but good luck. Thats been a long standing rule.
Guest022712-3 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #8
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

DL, I agree that it is a rule that the OP of any thread can request that a thread be closed (that doesn't mean it will automatically be closed). However, there is also a longstanding rule (I can't find it quickly with the "Search" feature, sorry - and if a year or two is "longstanding") that mods do not have to honor those requests when there is still opinions being offered. I remember another instance mentioned is to prevent someone from starting a thread and then requesting it be closed when things aren't "going their way." So there's actually no reason to "complain to the powers that be" about the rule. It seems to me what's being questioned is whether more legitimate info was being offered when the mod closed the thread. I've seen some threads re-opened after a discussion like this. The Dallas thread is STILL open, by the way.
ferdburf is online now   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
Guest022712-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2245
My ECCIE Reviews

Well-- you'll notice that it was closed by an admin rather than a mod.

Dallas thread is still open because it was nowhere near as disrespectful ON BOTH SIDES in tone. Its actually still a rather polite discussion.

In terms of her request: She requested it be closed 2 or 3 pages before it actually was-- so plenty of time was given for others to voice their opinions.
Guest022712-3 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberLove View Post
Well-- you'll notice that it was closed by an admin rather than a mod.

Dallas thread is still open because it was nowhere near as disrespectful ON BOTH SIDES in tone. Its actually still a rather polite discussion.

In terms of her request: She requested it be closed 2 or 3 pages before it actually was-- so plenty of time was given for others to voice their opinions.
That is YOUR opinion of course.

I believe there was a lot more to come as Austin is a lot more active Monday through Thursday and the Subject Matter is of local interest on both sides of the fence.

The OP was NOT asking a question for herself.

She was coming to the board asking a question on behalf of the ladies.

The OP was retired and the answers to the question had no affect on her.

The answers ARE RELEVANT to active Local Ladies.

The thread was locked as you say by an Admin. A Dallas Admin none the less that looks in on Austin.

I REALLY QUESTION THAT DECISION as it undermines our Mods here in Austin that I thought were doing a decent job. One Mod was definitely on top of the thread, had posted to it, and was allowing it to run it's course. You can see his participation in the thread.

YES there was some "tit for tat" exchanged in the thread but there was far more information flowing on the subject matter than there were problems.

The Thread should be reopened.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #11
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Agreed.
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Mature Companion
Uninhibited Milf

User ID: 1768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

If YOU have an issue with how the Owners & Admins run their
ite.
Then go someplace else and make your own damn rules that you want everyone to adhere to. Your constant bitching & whining is pathetic.

This is a HOBBY that's meant to be ENJOYED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=104628

Lame.....

and to be honest the most surprising decision I've seen made around here since joining.....

So.....

What if we all started asking for our threads to be locked whenever we get a little resistance?

It's not a precedent you should be setting....
Mature Companion is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
heather nicole
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2230
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation WOW! Really?!

You seem to be the only person whining about this.

Get over yourself! You and all your pals really should have better things to do than to pick people's posts apart. State your opinion and leave it be.

Why constantly fuel the fire? What does the community as a whole really get from all the in-fighting?

I applaud the mod/admin that decided to step in and take power. That's why we have checks and balances. You know - for when the others in power are powerless to make a change.

I hope you enjoy the thread that is still open and can continue by adding some "mature" thoughts without attacking anyone that doesn't suffer your all mighty opinions.

Blessed Be
heather nicole is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Milf View Post
If YOU have an issue with how the Owners & Admins run their
ite.
Then go someplace else and make your own damn rules that you want everyone to adhere to. Your constant bitching & whining is pathetic.

This is a HOBBY that's meant to be ENJOYED!!!
And Enjoy it I do!

I enjoy every minute and every dollar I spend on you darling.....

Oh wait.... That's right.... I've never spent a minute with you other than meeting you at a social when you were calling yourself by a different name and I've never spent a dollar on you either.....

YEAH!... That's why I've enjoyed it so much!

When I have an issue on something here I post it. I speak up and state my position.

That's one way to effect change and enough people around Austin HAVE spoke up and effected change which is why this board is nothing like it started out to be when we all migrated....

Your feisty this morning darlin... Did you start on Geritol or something? I take mine every morning and it helps me too!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather nicole View Post
You seem to be the only person whining about this.

Get over yourself! You and all your pals really should have better things to do than to pick people's posts apart. State your opinion and leave it be.

Why constantly fuel the fire? What does the community as a whole really get from all the in-fighting?

I applaud the mod/admin that decided to step in and take power. That's why we have checks and balances. You know - for when the others in power are powerless to make a change.

I hope you enjoy the thread that is still open and can continue by adding some "mature" thoughts without attacking anyone that doesn't suffer your all mighty opinions.

Blessed Be

Well Darlin... You ought to learn to read a bit better....

A thread was started by a Provider in the Ask a Mod section before I posted..... and there are plenty of other's that feel the same way....

You will find I did post my opinions and later RESPONDED personally after being "Attacked" as you state.... I seldom fire first but I always respond when questioned.....

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women