Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-23-2019, 10:59 AM   #16
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
$2 bills are still legal tender. Business need to be aware of it. lol!
Business's generally are, it's the moronic kids working there who don't get educated that can't figure them out. I love to use $2 bills at strip clubs. I also like to mix up the $1 coins sometimes when buying.

It's amazing how uniformed some of our workers dealing with money really are.

But back to the OP. To remove Jefferson from memory, I just don't have the words for it. His great influence in the creation of this country and it's government cannot be denied.

Oh wait, we're talking about someone on the left who wants to change all the fundamental ideals of this country. Now I see why he wants to remove Jefferson from memory.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #17
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Business's generally are, it's the moronic kids working there who don't get educated that can't figure them out. I love to use $2 bills at strip clubs. I also like to mix up the $1 coins sometimes when buying.

It's amazing how uniformed some of our workers dealing with money really are.

But back to the OP. To remove Jefferson from memory, I just don't have the words for it. His great influence in the creation of this country and it's government cannot be denied.

Oh wait, we're talking about someone on the left who wants to change all the fundamental ideals of this country. Now I see why he wants to remove Jefferson from memory.
I would get 50 of them and use them for tips around my clup.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #18
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I didn't know businesses could reject them.. do they? Asia loves $2 bills, every Asian who visits the home country is asked to bring crisp, new $2 bills to distribute to friends and family.

back to Jefferson.. I've been ruminating about the Nickel, and how it takes 400 of them to equal a Tubman. something aint right there.

400 makes a jackson. Treasury dept. has no plans to make a Tubman version.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:09 AM   #19
oeb11
Valued Poster

Washington was also a slave-owner,
Mayor B needs to include him on the "Hit List" as well.

No more $1 or$2 bills.

Think about putting a Sacajawea coin in a g-string in a strip club - how well will that go!!!!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:06 AM   #20
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

You guys are funny.

Wrong, but funny.

Because there is nothing funnier than somebody who demands attention to present factually incorrect information.

Pretty tough to have a discussion with someone who ties themselves to a position contrary to easily checked facts.

Like in this case.

"A series of frantic tweets over the weekend might have led many to believe that Pete Buttigieg had declared his desire to wipe any trace of Thomas Jefferson off the face of the earth.

The tweets, which included missives from New York Times columnist Bret Stephens and Fox News host Laura Ingraham, were based off a wildly inaccurate New York Post story on Buttigieg’s comments from a radio show.

“Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg called for everything honoring Thomas Jefferson to be renamed,” the Post reported on Saturday.

The prompted a furious tweet from Stephens, who fretted: “While we’re at it, Mayor Pete, let’s knock down the FDR Memorial (didn’t do enough to stop the Holocaust) and the Washington monument (slaveholder). Also the South Bend mayor should apologize for accepting a scholarship named after (racist) Cecil Rhodes.”

“Every 2020 Dem shd be pressed on whether they agree with @PeteButtigieg on removing Thomas Jefferson’s name from streets, schools, etc,” Ingraham wrote on Twitter. “#antihistoryparty”

Despite the inaccurate Post story, however, Buttigieg never called for everything honoring Jefferson to be renamed, and explicitly stated he didn’t intend on “blotting him out of the history books.” His actual comments, made on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, were nuanced. Here they are in full:

"Hewitt: Let’s go to policy now. A very blunt question, because you talk about going to every Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Indiana when you were running statewide. Should Jefferson-Jackson dinners be renamed everywhere because both were holders of slaves?

Buttigieg: Yeah, we’re doing that in Indiana. I think it’s the right thing to do. You know, over time, you develop and evolve on the things you choose to honor. And I think we know enough, especially Jackson, you know, you just look at what basically amounts to genocide that happened here. Jefferson’s more problematic. You know, there’s a lot to, of course, admire in his thinking and his philosophy. Then again, as you plunge into his writings, especially the notes on the state of Virginia, you know that he knew that slavery was wrong.

Hewitt: Yes.

Buttigieg: And yet, he did it. Now we’re all morally conflicted human beings. And it’s not like we’re blotting him out of the history books, or deleting him from being the founder fathers. But you know, naming something after somebody confers a certain amount of honor. And at a time, I mean, the real reason I think there’s a lot of pressure on this is the relationship between the past and the present, that we’re finding in a million different ways that racism isn’t some curiosity out of the past that we’re embarrassed about but moved on from. It’s alive, it’s well, it’s hurting people. And it’s one of the main reasons to be in politics today is to try to change or reverse the harms that went along with that. Then, we’d better look for ways to live out and honor that principle, even in a symbolic thing."

Hewitt noted on Twitter that Buttigieg’s comments were being misconstrued. Stephens, to his credit, deleted his tweet and added an admission of his inaccuracy. Ingraham doubled down on the falsehood, for some reason, and the New York Post story remains online, uncorrected.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace asked Buttigieg about his comments at their town hall Sunday night, and the mayor said he was speaking strictly about renaming Democratic party functions like the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, and had no intention of renaming streets, for example.

“This is a great example, actually, of how the media noise machine on the right wing takes things out of control,” Buttigieg told Wallace.

That appeal for nuanced analysis didn’t stop Fox & Friends, which covered Buttigieg’s comments on Monday morning with the chyron: “ERASING HISTORY?”

“What a clown,” host Brian Kilmeade said of Buttigieg.

Watch above, via Fox News."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fact-che...m-u-s-history/

Bold font for emphasis added by me.

The real news people at Fox got it right (Wallace).

Fake/non-news people added a couple of lies for the base. They like what he didn't say better than what he did say

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
well let's all wave bye bye to Mayor PenisinhisButt.

BYE BYE! you just lost what slim chance you had to be the DNC gaynominee.

https://news.yahoo.com/2020-democrat...100250771.html
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #21
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

On the sauce again
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #22
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
You guys are funny.

Wrong, but funny.

Because there is nothing funnier than somebody who demands attention to present factually incorrect information.

Pretty tough to have a discussion with someone who ties themselves to a position contrary to easily checked facts.

Like in this case.

"A series of frantic tweets over the weekend might have led many to believe that Pete Buttigieg had declared his desire to wipe any trace of Thomas Jefferson off the face of the earth.

The tweets, which included missives from New York Times columnist Bret Stephens and Fox News host Laura Ingraham, were based off a wildly inaccurate New York Post story on Buttigieg’s comments from a radio show.

“Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg called for everything honoring Thomas Jefferson to be renamed,” the Post reported on Saturday.

The prompted a furious tweet from Stephens, who fretted: “While we’re at it, Mayor Pete, let’s knock down the FDR Memorial (didn’t do enough to stop the Holocaust) and the Washington monument (slaveholder). Also the South Bend mayor should apologize for accepting a scholarship named after (racist) Cecil Rhodes.”

“Every 2020 Dem shd be pressed on whether they agree with @PeteButtigieg on removing Thomas Jefferson’s name from streets, schools, etc,” Ingraham wrote on Twitter. “#antihistoryparty”

Despite the inaccurate Post story, however, Buttigieg never called for everything honoring Jefferson to be renamed, and explicitly stated he didn’t intend on “blotting him out of the history books.” His actual comments, made on Hugh Hewitt’s radio show, were nuanced. Here they are in full:

"Hewitt: Let’s go to policy now. A very blunt question, because you talk about going to every Jefferson-Jackson dinner in Indiana when you were running statewide. Should Jefferson-Jackson dinners be renamed everywhere because both were holders of slaves?

Buttigieg: Yeah, we’re doing that in Indiana. I think it’s the right thing to do. You know, over time, you develop and evolve on the things you choose to honor. And I think we know enough, especially Jackson, you know, you just look at what basically amounts to genocide that happened here. Jefferson’s more problematic. You know, there’s a lot to, of course, admire in his thinking and his philosophy. Then again, as you plunge into his writings, especially the notes on the state of Virginia, you know that he knew that slavery was wrong.

Hewitt: Yes.

Buttigieg: And yet, he did it. Now we’re all morally conflicted human beings. And it’s not like we’re blotting him out of the history books, or deleting him from being the founder fathers. But you know, naming something after somebody confers a certain amount of honor. And at a time, I mean, the real reason I think there’s a lot of pressure on this is the relationship between the past and the present, that we’re finding in a million different ways that racism isn’t some curiosity out of the past that we’re embarrassed about but moved on from. It’s alive, it’s well, it’s hurting people. And it’s one of the main reasons to be in politics today is to try to change or reverse the harms that went along with that. Then, we’d better look for ways to live out and honor that principle, even in a symbolic thing."

Hewitt noted on Twitter that Buttigieg’s comments were being misconstrued. Stephens, to his credit, deleted his tweet and added an admission of his inaccuracy. Ingraham doubled down on the falsehood, for some reason, and the New York Post story remains online, uncorrected.

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace asked Buttigieg about his comments at their town hall Sunday night, and the mayor said he was speaking strictly about renaming Democratic party functions like the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, and had no intention of renaming streets, for example.

“This is a great example, actually, of how the media noise machine on the right wing takes things out of control,” Buttigieg told Wallace.

That appeal for nuanced analysis didn’t stop Fox & Friends, which covered Buttigieg’s comments on Monday morning with the chyron: “ERASING HISTORY?”

“What a clown,” host Brian Kilmeade said of Buttigieg.

Watch above, via Fox News."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fact-che...m-u-s-history/

Bold font for emphasis added by me.

The real news people at Fox got it right (Wallace).

Fake/non-news people added a couple of lies for the base. They like what he didn't say better than what he did say

Shocking! The Press being biased against a presidential hopeful? Not in America! Impossible! Could NEVER happen here!

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:44 PM   #23
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Good comeback to a post that proves you have limited reading comprehension skills or posters decided to outright lie.

You can't refute so you pull out the standard "on the sauce" or whine about the source.
Anything to avoid having......not egg on your face but the other stuff.

Yep, "on the sauce" is conservative-speak for on target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post
On the sauce again

Thanks for helping me to better understand the trumpy "thought" process.

I didn't realize quoting someone is actually bias.

Now I see how y'all can ignore 10,000 plus lies told by trump.

By quoting him the press is biased against him. So does that mean the devices that record him lying are biased against him too?
Certainly, the ones made in China are.

Plus it's not the press showing bias. The NYT reporter mentioned in the story corrected his story when shown he was given false information.

On the other hand, the NYP chose to keep the false story in place. The fox opinion folks couldn't be bothered by facts either.

There's a big difference between lying and bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Shocking! The Press being biased against a presidential hopeful? Not in America! Impossible! Could NEVER happen here!

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:17 AM   #24
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women