Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 06-29-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1
Default DMZ diplomacy: Kim accepts Trump invite to meet at border

breaking news people.

DMZ diplomacy: Kim accepts Trump invite to meet at border

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...055042935.html

ZEKE MILLER and JONATHAN LEMIRE, Associated Press

FILE - In this Nov. 15, 2018, file photo, smoke from an explosion rises as part of the dismantling of a South Korean guard post in the Demilitarized Zone dividing the two Koreas in Cheorwon, South Korea, as a North Korean guard post sits high in the upper left. President Donald Trump is inviting North Korea's Kim Jong Un to shake hands during a visit to the demilitarized zone with South Korea. Trump is scheduled to visit South Korea later Saturday after meetings at the Group of 20 summit in Osaka, Japan. (Jung Yeon-je/Pool Photo via AP, File)

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — President Donald Trump will meet Sunday with North Korea's Kim Jong Un at the Demilitarized Zone separating the North and South, a day after he issued an unprecedented invitation and expressed willingness to cross the border for what would be a history-making photo op.

South Korean President Moon Jae-in announced that Kim accepted Trump's invitation to meet when the U.S. president visits the heavily fortified site at the Korean border village of Panmunjom.

Moon praised the two leaders for "being so brave" to hold the meeting and said, "I hope President Trump will go down in history as the president who achieves peace on Korean Peninsula."

Trump said he looked forward to meeting with Kim, but sought to tamp down expectations, predicting it would be "very short," he said. "Virtually a handshake, but that's OK. A handshake means a lot."

Officials spent Sunday morning working out logistical and security details, Trump said during an earlier appearance with Moon.

The invitation, while long rumored in diplomatic circles, still came across as an impulsive display of showmanship by a president bent on obtaining a legacy-defining nuclear deal. North Korea responded by calling the offer a "very interesting suggestion."

Presidential visits to the DMZ are traditionally carefully guarded secrets for security reasons. White House officials couldn't immediately say whether Kim had agreed to meet with Trump. The president himself claimed before flying from Japan to South Korea that he wasn't even sure Kim was in North Korea to accept the invitation.

"All I did is put out a feeler, if you'd like to meet," Trump said in Japan. He added, somewhat implausibly: "I just thought of it this morning."

Before arriving in Seoul, Trump said at a news conference in Japan that he'd "feel very comfortable" crossing the border into North Korea if Kim showed up, saying he'd "have no problem" becoming the first U.S. president to step into North Korea.

His comments followed hours after Trump asked for Kim to meet him there. "If Chairman Kim of North Korea sees this, I would meet him at the Border/DMZ just to shake his hand and say Hello(?)!" he tweeted.

It was not immediately clear what the agenda, if any, would be for the potential third Trump-Kim meeting.

"If he's there we'll see each other for two minutes," Trump predicted.

Such a spectacle would present a valuable propaganda victory for Kim, who, with his family, has long been denied the recognition they sought on the international stage.

Despite Trump's comments Saturday, he had told The Hill newspaper in Washington in an interview this past week that he would be visiting the DMZ and "might" meet with Kim. The paper reported it had withheld Trump's comments, citing security concerns by the White House.

North Korea's first vice foreign minister, Choe Son Hui, said the meeting, if realized, would serve as "another meaningful occasion in further deepening the personal relations between the two leaders and advancing the bilateral relations."

Meeting with Trump at South Korea's presidential Blue House on Sunday, Moon said when he saw Trump's invitation to Kim, "I could really feel that the flower of peace was truly blossoming on the Korean peninsula." Moon, who will accompany Trump to the DMZ, added that the meeting - if it happens - would be a "significant milestone in the peace process."

Trump's summit with Kim in Vietnam earlier this year collapsed without an agreement for denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula. He became the first sitting U.S. president to meet with the leader of the isolated nation last year, when they signed an agreement in Singapore to bring the North toward denuclearization.

Substantive talks between the nations have largely broken down since then. The North has balked at Trump's insistence that it give up its weapons before it sees relief from crushing international sanctions.

Still, Trump has sought to praise Kim, who oversees an authoritarian government, in hopes of keeping the prospects of a deal alive, and the two have traded flowery letters in recent weeks.

Every president since Ronald Reagan has visited the 1953 armistice line, except for George H.W. Bush, who visited when he was vice president. The show of bravado and support for South Korea, one of America's closest military allies, has evolved over the years to include binoculars and bomber jackets.

Trump, ever the showman, appears to be looking to one-up his predecessors with a Kim meeting.

As he left the White House for Asia earlier this week, Trump was asked whether he'd meet with Kim.

"I'll be meeting with a lot of other people ... but I may be speaking to him in a different form," Trump said.

Such trips to the demilitarized zone are usually undertaken under heavy security and the utmost secrecy. Trump tried to visit the DMZ when he was in Seoul in November 2017, but his helicopter was grounded by heavy fog.

Trump has staked his self-professed deal-making reputation on his rapprochement with the North and has even turned it into a campaign rallying cry. Trump has repeatedly alleged that if he had lost the 2016 presidential campaign, the U.S. would be "at war" with North Korea over its nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs.

The meeting would come at a time of escalating tensions. While North Korea has not recently tested a long-range missile that could reach the U.S., last month it fired off a series of short-range missiles. Trump has brushed off the significance of the tests, even as his own national security adviser, John Bolton, has said they violated U.N. Security Council resolutions.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:59 PM   #2
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Old 06-30-2019, 12:06 AM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

We’ll see how this booty call works out. I don’t think he’s got a plan for this conversation or even a clue.

Hope he pisses on the fire before he sets it.

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:11 AM   #4
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Old 06-30-2019, 04:31 AM   #5
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

I was impressed by the move to be honest. I hope to see something from it but I don't expect anything from it. But to see a president cross the line it was a big moment in history. Loved watching the press fall over each other trying to figure out what the fuck was going on.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:38 AM   #6
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

AMAZING!!!

gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:43 AM   #7
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Isn't Trump the first American president to travel to North Korea?
I don't remember Barry and Michael going.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:07 AM   #8
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Like a boss! Dayum, he's good!
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #9
Redhot1960
Valued Poster

5 1/2 min vid... https://theconservativetreehouse.com...o-north-korea/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlYsWT2Nob8
Redhot1960 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:43 AM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Good for Trump! We’re not at war and he didn’t insult anybody, though it appears his new press secretary got into a fight with some NK officials.

What will come out of it? Who knows? Trump says he’s in no hurry to denuclearize North Korea.

I think he just stopped in for a Handy.

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #11
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

Kim ain't in a hurry either he just got more time to build more nukes. Nothing will come of this, just the photos you see here.

He didn't travel there RM he walked about 15-20 steps over the demarcation line for less than a min.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
I love oddball!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:29 AM   #13
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Kim ain't in a hurry either he just got more time to build more nukes. Nothing will come of this, just the photos you see here.

He didn't travel there RM he walked about 15-20 steps over the demarcation line for less than a min.
And Barry was how close?
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #14
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Good for Trump! We’re not at war and he didn’t insult anybody, though it appears his new press secretary got into a fight with some NK officials.

What will come out of it? Who knows? Trump says he’s in no hurry to denuclearize North Korea.

I think he just stopped in for a Handy.

And Obama is doing the same thing now as he did asPOTUS. Nothing.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #15
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women