Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40279
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 04-21-2020, 01:04 AM   #601
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Thanks for contributing, Grace.
I wish others would exercise their insight and grey matter like you do.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:11 AM   #602
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Some perspective from someone who actually lives in one of the swing states-- if not, THE swing state.

Ohio was one of only two states that, prior to COVID, had a net job LOSS over the course of Trump's time in office so far. We have steadily been bleeding manufacturing jobs-- including the loss of a couple of major plants, one of which Trump brushed off as "Not even a big deal". Except... to those who live here, its a very big deal.

Ohioans switch back and forth-- and one thing that never goes over well is when a President makes promises to curry the favor of the manufacturing rust state votes-- and then doesn't deliver. And right now-- that's where we sit. Many states can blame it all on COVID-- but Ohio was in trouble before the pandemic.

Now, you may sit back and say-- but Ohio is just one state. And you'd be correct-- but Ohio has been the swing state with the most statistical accuracy when it comes to predicting the winner. The last time Ohio got it wrong-- was Kennedy.
I didn't consider Ohio a swing state until recent polling showed Biden leading Trump. Trump won fairly easily in Ohio in 2016. Your perception of conditions in the state is much appreciated. Much more relevant than unsubstantiated opinions.

As we all know much can change in the next 6+ months but Biden has put himself in a good position. Better to be ahead in the polls than behind, no matter what one's feeling towards polls is.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:22 AM   #603
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Ohio went for Bush. Then for Clinton. Then for Bush. Then for Obama. Then for Trump. And the two times in 100 years that Ohio has been wrong, it had gone for the Republican candidate (Nixon and Dewey).

Ohio is the wildest swing state out there, lol! And generally, the wins are pretty definitive here.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #604
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Ya'll certainly pick some "winners" for Gov.

Quote:
Some perspective from someone who actually lives in one of the swing states-- if not, THE swing state...

I see DeWine as something of a RINO, certainly bad news on 2nd Amendment related topics. To be fair, much better than the ever effervescent John "Karate Chop Kid" Kasich. Either way, will have to see which coat he turns out later this summer.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #605
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Kasich was the guy I wanted for 2016.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #606
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Kasich was the guy I wanted for 2016.
I agree. Had he been the Republican nominee I probably would have voted for him over Clinton. But Trump won. Hard to criticize the choice from a Republican standpoint.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #607
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

I don't see him as a RINO. I see him as an old schooler. Yeah-- he has opinions, but he isn't going to waste money on them. He doesn't fight for or against an issue if he knows it will cost the state money that it cannot afford. He does a decent job of trying to keep Ohio OUT of lengthy court battles when there is already some established precedent. Kinda how I felt about the whole impeachment thing. Do I think Trump is guilty? Probably. Do I think it was a waste of time and money, knowing full well that the Senate would never convict him? Absolutely.

2A wise-- he hasn't called for any new laws, just better enforcement on the ones we already have-- and giving private party sellers the option to run background checks in order to prevent future liability issues. He didn't even come close to giving in on anything that the "anti-gun" lobby wanted. (Of course, neither did Obama-- but the gun sellers made a MINT off convincing folk that he was coming for their guns).

The thing to bear in mind is this. Ohio is very much a "middle ground" state. The far right isn't any more likely to win than the far left. That means we end up with a lot of folks in govt. that many would either consider RINO or DINO compared to the loudest folk in each party. But the reality is... they're just moderates in a world where we've suddenly forgotten that its ok to not be on the lunatic fringe.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #608
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I don't see him as a RINO. I see him as an old schooler. Yeah-- he has opinions, but he isn't going to waste money on them. He doesn't fight for or against an issue if he knows it will cost the state money that it cannot afford. He does a decent job of trying to keep Ohio OUT of lengthy court battles when there is already some established precedent. Kinda how I felt about the whole impeachment thing. Do I think Trump is guilty? Probably. Do I think it was a waste of time and money, knowing full well that the Senate would never convict him? Absolutely.

2A wise-- he hasn't called for any new laws, just better enforcement on the ones we already have-- and giving private party sellers the option to run background checks in order to prevent future liability issues. He didn't even come close to giving in on anything that the "anti-gun" lobby wanted. (Of course, neither did Obama-- but the gun sellers made a MINT off convincing folk that he was coming for their guns).

The thing to bear in mind is this. Ohio is very much a "middle ground" state. The far right isn't any more likely to win than the far left. That means we end up with a lot of folks in govt. that many would either consider RINO or DINO compared to the loudest folk in each party. But the reality is... they're just moderates in a world where we've suddenly forgotten that its ok to not be on the lunatic fringe.
That expands upon my knowledge of the guy. I just liked how he presented himself. And what little of his record that was put out during the debates, no one could fault. Just need a straight shooter that firmly lets you know where they stand.

I'm waiting for the Freedom of Information Act to kick in so that we can get the verbatim phone call that was hidden from the public. That was the only thing I wanted from the Impeachment hearings, along with Witnesses that were free to speak. I would venture to say very little needed to be censored due to State secrets.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:57 PM   #609
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

So, have any of the trump supporters took up his ramblings and do as he said with the common household cleaners?

Anyone?

Buehler?

As always, he (and his followers) won't fess up to a blunder of epic proportions. And during these times, don't need a non-expert to blab about whatever hail mary pass of a solution to get your people in line.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #610
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

I think Granny and Jethro have beaten a retreat and retired from the battlefield.I think they have given up trying to defend the indefensible.

Either that or they may have taken up the Chumps command to try disinfectants and bleach.Light and heat too.We may not hear from them for awhile.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:33 PM   #611
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
I think Granny and Jethro have beaten a retreat and retired from the battlefield.I think they have given up trying to defend the indefensible.

If so, I give all credit to Grace Preston for giving strategic commentary that only an arm chair general would try to counter.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #612
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ha! My man Trump pulled one over on the libtards. Jesus, if you have to be told not to drink bleach - then you are too stupid to use bleach...or lysol for that matter.
Again - and I've only said this 5000 times----Common sense has left America.
Now let's just wait till Novemeber - when Trump wins remember - there's always ---Bleach cocktails!

https://youtu.be/48IYINAlZG8
Attachments area
Preview YouTube video DONT DRINK BLEACH YOU LOONEY LIBS
Old 04-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #613
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Ha! My man Trump pulled one over on the libtards. Jesus, if you have to be told not to drink bleach - then you are too stupid to use bleach...or lysol for that matter.
Again - and I've only said this 5000 times----Common sense has left America.
Now let's just wait till Novemeber - when Trump wins remember - there's always ---Bleach cocktails!

https://youtu.be/48IYINAlZG8
Attachments area
Preview YouTube video DONT DRINK BLEACH YOU LOONEY LIBS
He pulled nothing over anyone. It was just another ad nauseam example that he 1. knows nothing and has to exacerbate a situation and 2. *LIES*

ellen, you can't get out of this one. He either lied or truly doesn't care what about others, only himself.

Okay, so you tell me. On April 20 at a WH *News* conference he stated "During a national emergency, it’s just essential that the federal decision makers cut through the fog of confusion in order to follow the facts and the science." That disinfectant statement is counter this.

Than there is the April 23 speech which as stated in the article (an established non-biased source) "There’s no clear indication in his remarks that Trump was joking, either in his initial comment or when he returned to the topic later in the briefing. But we’ll leave it for readers to judge."

You're in a no-win here, ellen. Your boy is a liar. Calls for facts from science so there is no confusion only to put out a statement that has poison control phones to ring off the hook (and let's not forget the couple that ingested the aquarium cleaner because the name sounded close to that stuff the trump said "What do you got to lose?" (apparently your life.)

Still can't admit he's a liar.

Side note, I am glad you didn't do as Fearless Leader stated. I know you love him and I feared a possible Jim Jones event.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #614
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default In yer dreams pooky-pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfisherman View Post
...We may not hear from them for awhile.

Saw your foray out in the bigs. How's that work'n for Chimp-master?
Old 04-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #615
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

When it comes to working over uneducated ignorant Chump supporters it always works pretty good.It's easy pickings.Chump and his acolytes just keep coming with those slow fastballs right down the middle and I just swat them out of the park.

Chump was running our country like his biznesses.Like a yuppie with a big house note,couple of car notes,and maxed out credit cards.Now this.Come Nov people are going to be somewhat dis-enchanted with Chump and his bluster.People are going to be out of work and broke.All his remedies are failing ; The unemployment benefits aren't coming,the money for small biz the same,and the supposed grace of banks for mortgages as well.

And the debt Chump will have crippled us with that will burden our children and grandchildren has not been felt but will.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women