Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-01-2014, 02:04 AM   #1
3daygetaway
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42
Default What is God?

Do you believe in the Western Tradition's version of right/wrong? Or is there more? I just experienced an extreme closed-minded sharing of GOD with someone I believed to be open-minded. Please; you are my peeps, remind me that the Western "tradition" of sin and guilt is flawed!

ps, I'm so drunk, I could barely tyoe this...
3daygetaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:11 AM   #2
Lone wanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....it's all up to you.
Lone wanderer is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
Sexecutioner
BANNED

I am he, the one true God! Bow unto me

Oh yeah not remotely hobby related.
Sexecutioner is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
cinnamonshark
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Well, it is an interesting topic. I realize that you were drunk, but I think this should belong in the Sandbox area of discussions.
cinnamonshark is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Moved to proper Forum

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Buckle up, Buttercup.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

Experience has taught me that regardless of a person's religion they will follow it up until it conflicts with their "basic needs" and then they'll diviate. Some may even go to confession...LOL
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
Lone wanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

“Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.”
Lone wanderer is offline   Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

^^^^ That's not what George Burns told me! LOL
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
Guest021414
Account Disabled

User ID: 209475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone wanderer View Post
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....it's all up to you.
X's 2 I agree blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sthu
Guest021414 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #11
Viola
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 207278
My ECCIE Reviews

I have been listening to a song lately-the gist of which is "Maybe there is a loving God"

Its pretty... interesting, I think, to how much loving = forgiveness.

Viola
Viola is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #12
shayla84
Account Disabled

User ID: 159448
My ECCIE Reviews

Although this topic obviously is gonna bring negitive responses, I believe in god just not everything that the bible says. I believe god is a higher power and he loves love, hes not judgemental, hes a forgiving god. I believe as long as you truely try to be a good person, and try to show love to all you met, thats all he cares about. Just my opinion.
shayla84 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #13
Beagle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Hmm, doubt anyone would take the subject seriously on this board....but I'll bite.....it's been ages since I visited the topic......

My first in-depth exploration into the spiritual/religious was through Eastern religion/teachings. I considered myself to be a fervid pursuer, living my life in accord with the ultimate goal - to understand the meaning of existence/achieve the highest spiritual understanding. Delved to varying degrees some of the different approaches - Jainism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Taoism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, "New Age", among the ones that I can remember. Looked up Satanism and Wiccan, too.

My understanding in all the aforementioned belief systems is rather superficial except for Buddhism. I'd spent several years living the Christian lifestyle, and even got baptised, but probably because of my prior beliefs, I'd never truly accepted a lot of the bible contents.

What is god? I don't believe god to be an entity separate from each individual; nor do I buy into the concept of an anthropomorphized god who distinguishes right from wrong. I think the popular concept within Buddhism of viewing actions in terms of good/bad karma is superficial. It's only one of several level of realities.

A recurring "definition" among the various belief systems is that "God" is unfathomable, indescribable, mystical, undefinable, inconceivable, etc. The only reasons through which I relate to that are that:

1) We do not yet have the vocabulary to represent the nuances of our experiential existence.

2) Our conscious mind is limited and is incapable of grasping or interpreting God. Good examples of how little control most of us have through our consciousness - absent-mindedness, loss of temper, poor control of sexual urges........all of which can be simplistically attributed to the "monkey mind".

I equate God to enlightenment, the ultimate numinous experience, union with the Supreme Atma. In other words, it is a state of being; not to be comprehended but to be realized/experienced for oneself.
Beagle is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women