Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35143
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #31
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
You are right. There are some who do not want these statues removed and they aren't racist. However, it would seem they are a minority. Free speech, and majority rules. The majority of folks don't care or want them removed.

I'm okay with anything that fucks with racists. That's my narrative. Racists are idiotic, illogical cowards. They waste their lives with hate.
The last paragraph of your post fits you to a T
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #32
johnjay
Gaining Momentum

Default Statue removal by govt vote...

is very much different than statue removal by demonstration / antifa bullshit.

It is still anti-intellectual and still erases history. Politically - I would be against it for those reasons, but if that is what a legislative body voted to do then - so be it. The politicians voting on it should be careful, because their political seat would be in danger - either way even.
johnjay is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:46 AM   #33
bamscram
Valued Poster

Why were they erected?

https://www.bustle.com/p/why-were-co...-message-77416

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...erate-statues/

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...e-propaganda-1
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #34
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
They are not a minority. 62% of Americans want them to stay.
I believe the majority of Americans didn't vote for Trump. However, they did where it mattered, so now he is in office.

If the majority of peopeople in Charlottesville want it gone, even if they are a minority compared to the whole, which I doubt, but for arguments sake, fine, then they still control what happens in their town regarding the statues.

Could you link your source for that stat, please?
grean is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:52 AM   #35
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Move them to Pissburg, EATLER.

SEND US CLEMENTE.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #36
johnjay
Gaining Momentum

Default Okay, so tell the story about why they were erected...

Add that information, add more historical information, tell the story, educate the population about the progress of rights in the US.

Stand up, be accountable for the problems, don't forget, be honest and accurate.

This "take them down because it hurts my feelings" is bullshit. And, yes - as I said earlier - a vote from a govt entity can take them down. That is how it works here.
johnjay is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #37
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Look you fucking loon... a local municipality can do what the f*** it wants not what the majority of America thinks as long as it's legal
Nobody is saying they can't do what they want, you loony ape. If the polls are correct, then a lot of municipalities will leave the statues up. Even most African Americans aren't in favor of removing them, according to the Marist poll.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/17/po...atues-removed/
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #38
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
I believe the majority of Americans didn't vote for Trump. However, they did where it mattered, so now he is in office.

If the majority of peopeople in Charlottesville want it gone, even if they are a minority compared to the whole, which I doubt, but for arguments sake, fine, then they still control what happens in their town regarding the statues.

Could you link your source for that stat, please?
Here you go:

http://nypost.com/2017/08/17/majorit...s-to-stay/amp/
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #39
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjay View Post
These should not be in a museum.
Then call it an "Art Galleria" .. because that's what it is: ART.

There are many museums in this country and outside of this country that contain relics and art objects (including statues) from countries and eras that many would find "offensive" but they are preserved for a variety of reasons.

If some narrow minded, hysterical, little oversensitive titty baby doesn't want to go look at the items because it would make them scared and cry ... then they don't have to go look at them.

And I'm all for getting rid of the "division" and "anger" in this country so we all can concentrate on something productive.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #40
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Nobody is saying they can't do what they want, you loony ape. If the polls are correct, ...
You people who want to "take polls" and "vote" on free speech are really making a HUGE mistake with that "precedence" .... which is directly in violation of the 250 years or so of the interpretation of the First Amendment as it relates to "protected speech"!

If you start letting these whiney cry-babies run your life and our society, we really are fucked! The whole country is fucked ....

because tomorrow "the shoe is on the other foot soon enough"!!!

That's what's wrong with the titty-babies right now ...

... their candidate didn't win ... so they are going to dismantle the house .... and burn it to the ground ... in their tantrum.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #41
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Thanks. That's an interesting survey. I'm glad to see a majority of us, according to the survey, thought Trumps response was bs.

Can't argue the numbers. I just have to stick to the perhaps the majority in that town wanted it gone.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #42
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Thanks. That's an interesting survey. I'm glad to see a majority of us, according to the survey, thought Trumps response was bs.

Can't argue the numbers. I just have to stick to the perhaps the majority in that town wanted it gone.
Ive said this in another thread. I've been to Charlottesville, Richmond, and Williamsburg many times over the past 30yrs. It's a beautiful and historic part of the country. Those statues have coexisted peacefully among the locals and visitors.
It's a part of their fabric and culture. The locals are cordial and educated. It's a slippery slope. Jefferson will be next. That would be a huge problem in Charlottesville. Jefferson IS UVA and Charlottesville.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #43
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
You're probably also "glad" that a "survey" this time last year showed Trump was going to get his ass kicked in November, too! How'd that work out for you?

So far "my survey" shows 100% don't give a shit about the statues!

(And before you get all racist and hysterical ... it ain't all White people in "my survey"!!!!)
Old 08-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ive said this in another thread. I've been to Charlottesville, Richmond, and Williamsburg many times over the past 30yrs. It's a beautiful and historic part of the country. Those statues have coexisted peacefully among the locals and visitors.
It's a part of their fabric and culture. The locals are cordial and educated. It's a slippery slope. Jefferson will be next. That would be a huge problem in Charlottesville. Jefferson IS UVA and Charlottesville.
"We" have an example on how "this plays out" ... the quotes of HillariousNoMore raising hell with Trump when he called the elections rigged and all these same whiney punks were raising hell because he wasn't going to accept the results of the election!!!! So, when the shit don't go their way ... it's a 180! Little, narrow minded, immature, spoiled brats do that!

The really sad part is anyone pays attention to them!

If you never give them candy at the check out they never throw a tantrum because they didn't get a candy at the check out ...... baby raising 101!

Looking at the little twerp in North Korea!!!! They're no better than he is.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #45
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:

Read the rest of the numbers. You might not be so glad.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women