Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2017, 01:50 AM   #1
GypsyHeart
Choose Your Gypsy

User ID: 146290
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default For the weight lifters or gym rats out there

Joined a gym, utilized the trainer and he gave me a solid workout for the big muscle groups(boost that fat burning). I am slowly upping my weights on most. I just cannot get past my starting weight on the chest incline. I need suggestions for something at home and maybe another exercise. I am not embarassed to say I have little upperbody strength and am only at 20lbs on it.
GypsyHeart is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #2
kaoticlife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Are you using a barbell or a dumbbell? If you are not using dumbbells try them. On the negative(bringing them down) go until you feel the stretch in the pec. On the positive(going up) squeeze your pecs at the top of the motion. Good luck.
kaoticlife is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
kandicekox
Verified Milf

User ID: 186659
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Gypsy one of the best things you can do at home for chest and tri's is close stance pushups and also make sure you stretch.
kandicekox is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
redbeard087
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Doing an incline press, be it dumbbell or barbell, utilizes 3 main muscle groups: Chest, Triceps, and Deltoids.

Your primary focus for chest should be the flat bench press, incline press, and chest flys. If you're not doing any one of these you're missing out.

With that said, any exercise that develops chest, triceps, and deltoids will improve your incline press. However, the incline press utilizes the deltoid more than any other chest exercise you do. So any shoulder exercise like military press, Arnold presses, delt flys, upright rows, etc. will help get that up.
redbeard087 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #5
GypsyHeart
Choose Your Gypsy

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The chest incline I am doing is the Hammer machine. If any of you know Planet Fitness at all. I use dumb bells for my lateral and front raises. Chest press I am at 45 and same on fly.

Kandice, I don't know why I forgot about picking your brain.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyHeart View Post
Joined a gym, utilized the trainer and he gave me a solid workout for the big muscle groups(boost that fat burning). I am slowly upping my weights on most. I just cannot get past my starting weight on the chest incline. I need suggestions for something at home and maybe another exercise. I am not embarassed to say I have little upperbody strength and am only at 20lbs on it.
Here's the deal. Do basic movements with either straight bar or dumbbells or a combination of both. You may also benefit by mixing up your workouts with cables which will help achieve constant tension. The most important thing is for you, since you're new to weight training and it's obvious fat loss is a priority, is to do lots of reps like 15-20 and three sets with 10-20 seconds rest in-between. Trying to lift heavy will be a detriment to your progress. I would also suspect a complete diet and lifestyle change would benefit you a lot.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:04 PM   #7
GypsyHeart
Choose Your Gypsy

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

My diet has no issues other than carbs. But I was raised on meat, potatoes and bread. No junk food and rarely eat out. Have cut out soda.

The cables I see used, a lot. Will have the trainer show me how.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
My diet has no issues other than carbs. But I was raised on meat, potatoes and bread. No junk food and rarely eat out. Have cut out soda.

You may not realize it but your diet has issues. You just mentioned Meat, Potatoes and bread. That maybe issues for you. If you aren't eating three to five portions of vegetables everyday that's something you might want to start doing. Sugar might also be a problem for you. In fact its a problem for everyone, being processed sugar is one of the most toxic substances you can consume.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #9
redbeard087
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:

Potatoes and breads are killers. They turn to freaking glue in your system. If you do carbs outside of your cheat days, go with rice. You can have a damn Big Mac if you want just don't eat the bun lol.
redbeard087 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #10
cowboy8055
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Quote:

Moderate amount of meat isn't bad. Just make sure you get plenty of fruits and veggies. Meat shouldn't comprise most of your diet.

If you drink a lot of soda cutting that out can make a big difference. Nothing but junk calories there.

If you have to eat bread try to stick to organic whole grain. Most white bread is junk.

Really try to avoid all processed foods. If you can afford it try to go organic. Much of today's foods are less nutrient dense than they were 50 years ago.
cowboy8055 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #11
Guest072118
Account Disabled

User ID: 275902
My ECCIE Reviews

You want to burn serious fat try some HIIT workouts with your weight training.

I can recommend a great program you can use at the gym or at home. Its not free but excellent for shredding and weight training. Its a different kind of workout. Workouts are only 20 minutes long in three week cycles for the first 90 days. Its geared for women 35+ because of our hormones changing. We start losing muscle.

Since your 38 dont do long cardio, long cardio at 35 + actually adds fat. 20 minute HIIT Cardio is where its at.

Potatoes are fine to eat if they have been cooked then refrigerated for the night and eaten the next day.

In general stay away from anything white, even rice. Brown rice isn't as bad. Meat is just fine to eat.

Pushups!

To add I recommend organic as well as much as you can. Cut your sugar too if you consume anything besides soda. Sugar turns into fat particularly at our age. Also dont calorie count/cut food, just eat good.
Guest072118 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #12
Submissive Angel
Account Disabled

User ID: 346938
My ECCIE Reviews

^^ I agree, HIIT work outs are amazing.. i usually set my own hiit work outs up.. they can be done anywhere.. hotel rooms, in the gym, at home, and on the beach..

For me to stay consistent in the gym I have to have a goal.. it requires me to be participating in some kind of outside activities... I love aerial dance and pole.. it is such a rush to do a new move, when your body could not do it before..

As far as eating... mhmm... there are so many good things that are bad things.. and bad things that are good things..

Somes rules that help me are...

1. Only light eating after 5pm..
2. Eating one salad a day..
3. 5+ minute plank variations minimum first thing in the morning..
4. Drinking enough water..
5. If you eat carbs eat them before midday..
6. I have to watch my protein, I am picky with... meat..
7. Having one monthly weigh in.. not checking all the time.!

Everybody is different, but if you find what works you can achieve your goals.

I had my first wtf, with getting older when i stopped dancing full time.. within a year i went from 125 to 150lb, it sucked!

But, being a little more conscious, I have managed to get my weight back down..

And looking forward to getting more toned!! If you ever need a motivation buddy, I am here!! Lol
Submissive Angel is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #13
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Posting taint photos always helps, too.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #14
GypsyHeart
Choose Your Gypsy

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Gotta love that 3sides guy!

Turned in my 3 week food diary to a dietician and nutritionist both. Apparently, I am not getting enough red meat. My whole grain bread is fine as it is only toast for breakfast. Potatoes are fine at 3 days a week. We try to avoid anything processed and yes I am getting my veggies.

On the weight plateau, my trainer suggested I may be fatigued from rest of workout so to start with the incline first at a higher weight less reps. 30lbs and 8 reps.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:36 AM   #15
Guest072118
Account Disabled

User ID: 275902
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Gotta love that 3sides guy!

Turned in my 3 week food diary to a dietician and nutritionist both. Apparently, I am not getting enough red meat. My whole grain bread is fine as it is only toast for breakfast. Potatoes are fine at 3 days a week. We try to avoid anything processed and yes I am getting my veggies.

On the weight plateau, my trainer suggested I may be fatigued from rest of workout so to start with the incline first at a higher weight less reps. 30lbs and 8 reps.
You actually don't need red meat at all you just need enough protein. Protein is VERY important. Specially for people/women 35+. If you eat it, try to eat lean red meat like filet and lean ground beef. Also organic. Red meat can be fatty.

I love me some red meat but I dont eat it often, seafood and chicken, they are lower in fat than red meat and protein filled.

A good nutritionist should actually tell you... you dont need meat at all to have a healthy diet and intake enough protein, fiber, etc.

Also for a plateau, change the workout. If you have been doing that same workout/exercise for at least three weeks you should change it up.
Guest072118 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women