Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59902
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 05-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #16
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
what are you saying?
that demons like cancer arent caused by obesity(one factor) but are caused by hate/fear and judgement?
I think some of the studies shown connect fat with increased risk of cancer.
but I'd like to hear more about your thoughts. ?
Do you think you can breath underwater, but societys fear and acceptance of need oxygen is why people dont?
Now blade done be so testy.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #17
Peter Devlin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
what are you saying?
that demons like cancer arent caused by obesity(one factor) but are caused by hate/fear and judgement?
I think some of the studies shown connect fat with increased risk of cancer.
but I'd like to hear more about your thoughts. ?
Do you think you can breath underwater, but societys fear and acceptance of need oxygen is why people dont?
What I'm saying can't be heard(lol)...but I'm saying that, immersed in a lost culture, we ignore the signs that there is more to life than meets the eye, constantly.

...and breathing underwater...well, no...but I would mention that the fishes don't seem to be having these problems. That's not to suggest that breathing underwater is the answer, but that the state of Grace the animal kingdom occurs in may hold an example of sorts, for us.

...finally, humans represent specialized consciousness, utterly individual...each of us must come to our own realizations individually, one by one...or not.
Peter Devlin is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #18
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Devlin View Post
What I'm saying can't be heard(lol)...but I'm saying that, immersed in a lost culture, we ignore the signs that there is more to life than meets the eye, constantly.
? I thought you had smething to add about obesity greatl increases risk for cancer
it doesnt seem so
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #19
everyman kc
BANNED

Quote:
? I thought you had smething to add about obesity greatl increases risk for cancer
it doesnt seem so

He did. It was actually a very enlightened post. You just don't see/understand yet.
everyman kc is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #20
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyman kc View Post
He did. It was actually a very enlightened post. You just don't see/understand yet.
He never will either, this is the same guy that told me that cell phone companies don't save text messages and that these messages are never used in court. Of course the same week the NSA scandle broke out.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #21
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by everyman kc View Post
maybe
so explain to me what he was talking about in relation obesity greatly increases risk for cancer?
Lots of things cause cancer, but being fat is going to lead to more cancer than non-fat people

Quote:
I can't buy into very much of commonly held ideas regarding the nature of illness and/or obesity
-the point of my thread is the being fat is NOT a common idea about why you get cancer, but whether you buy into it or, science shows it does
Quote:
I
. Accepted models just don't seem to work, that is, the "community" wants to suggest they understand the cause/s, but are unable to cure/control these things?
I have no idea what you are trying to say here, what accepted models did I mention? but I think you might mean the models to prevent cancer arent working, in which I do agree with that, I showed science that shows being obese leads to more cancer which I've never head a doctor/anyone tell anyone about a risk of being fat... yet its all over the american cancer society webpage that obesity increases the risk

Quote:
I
Seems to me, given our culture, these physical "demons" are actually products of our fear, hate, and judgement.
demon being cancer or obesity? in both cases I agree, our culture has made obesity very common, that obesity is being shown to lead to a higher rate/chance of getting cancer.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #22
Peter Devlin
Valued Poster

Okay. My responses are admittedly cryptic.

The conversation is inherently difficult without a great deal of groundwork.

I'm saying that the general idea of a mechanistic universe in which our physical bodies are considered to be "bio-machines" is naive, and that this fundamentally incorrect view lies at the heart of the problem.

Further, the whole conversation is really a sub-set of the larger question of what it means to be, and be human. Until we have a better grasp of The Big Picture, ie., who we are, where we are, and why we're here, until we're allowed (by culture) to think and speak outside our narrow little boxes without being subjected to ridicule, as a species we're not likely to begin even asking the right questions.

...Meanwhile, an individual thinks his or her own thoughts, holds their own mindset, and is free to turn away from culture.

An individual who somehow comes to view their thinking and mindset as significant(to say the least) to their life experience, including the experience of the body-construct, may be on their way to ridding themselves of their demons.

I'm saying that if everyone somehow became HWP tomorrow morning, the problem would not be solved. We'd certainly look and feel better, but our problems are evolutionary at the cultural level and that's gonna take time.

At the individual level, the time is now.

Stop the judgement and hate. It's only fear.

Be happy, on purpose.

Do it now.

That's what I'm saying.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #23
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:

I'm saying that the general idea of a mechanistic universe in which our physical bodies are considered to be "bio-machines" is naive, and that this fundamentally incorrect view lies at the heart of the problem.

Further, the whole conversation is really a sub-set of the larger question of what it means to be, and be human. Until we have a better grasp of The Big Picture, ie., who we are, where we are, and why we're here, until we're allowed (by culture) to think and speak outside our narrow little boxes without being subjected to ridicule, as a species we're not likely to begin even asking the right questions.

...Meanwhile, an individual thinks his or her own thoughts, holds their own mindset, and is free to turn away from culture.

An individual who somehow comes to view their thinking and mindset as significant(to say the least) to their life experience, including the experience of the body-construct, may be on their way to ridding themselves of their demons.

I'm saying that if everyone somehow became HWP tomorrow morning, the problem would not be solved. We'd certainly look and feel better, but our problems are evolutionary at the cultural level and that's gonna take time.

Be happy, on purpose.

Do it now.

That's what I'm saying.
I think what you are saying is not related to this thread.
I am saying, "Did you know that being fat will greatly increase your risk for cancer than if you were not fat"
or
Hey guys did you know you have a much better chance of getting laid for free if you arent X"
-at which point everyone will want to know what X is and not care about "his or her own thoughts, holds their own mindset, and is free to turn away from culture."

see I was pretty blunt about what i was saing:
which is not HWP, its a BMI of <25, I was pretty straight forward in what i was talking about because that's what the science is showing.

You seem to be saying(maybe?)
that the mental and phyisical health of person is greatly influenced by our enviroment. so do X Y Z to avoid diseaseI
THat is not at all what I'm talking about which is why I thought your response full of shit.(is that too subtle? lil humor)

Or iI'm still not sure what you mean? I think you are saying how ones thoughts and society influences health?

if som what you say is also shown to be very true.

Take a look at,Why Zebras don't Get ulcers

but those facts arebt really isnt for this thread.
you can be positive and upbeat or pray daily, etc and if you are overweight you still increase your risk for cancer and people(public-->medical field) seem unaware of that.

Heres that book I told you about.
http://g2gfitness-mma-ccoach-sthqld....t%20ulcers.pdf

The book proclaims itself as a "Guide to Stress, Stress-Related Diseases, and Coping" on the front cover of its third and most recent edition. The title derives from Sapolsky's idea that for animals such as zebras, stress is generally episodic (e.g., running away from a lion), while for humans, stress is often chronic (e.g., worrying about losing your job). Therefore, many wild animals are less susceptible than humans to chronic stress-related disorders such as ulcers, hypertension, decreased neurogenesis and increased hippocampal neuronal atrophy. However, chronic stress occurs in some social primates (Sapolsky studies baboons) for individuals on the lower side of the social dominance hierarchy. Sapolsky focuses on the effects of glucocorticoids on the human body, stating that such hormones may be useful to animals in the wild escaping their predators, (see Fight-or-flight response) but the effects on humans, when secreted at high quantities or over long periods of time, are much less desirable. Sapolsky relates the history of endocrinology, how the field reacted at times of discovery, and how it has changed through the years. While most of the book focuses on the biological machinery of the body, the last chapter of the book focuses on self-help.
Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers explains how social phenomena such as child abuse and the chronic stress of poverty affect biological stress, leading to increased risk of disease and disability.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Zeb...27t_Get_Ulcers
Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #24
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Be happy, on purpose.

Do it now.

That's what I'm saying.
I agree that we are an arrogant species that doesn't look beyond our own ego's and think we know way more than we ever will. I also agree that we don't, (as a whole) entertain the important "Meaning of Life" questions nearly enough and a lot of our problems are brought on by fear hate and judgement. Lastly I agree that if we were all happy and could shed our fear and stop judging each other, we would be on our way to a better world.

I also agree that being overweight is unhealthy and that has been proven over and over. I have not done any research on the percentage of cancer victims that are obese, but it is pretty clear that being fat is a bad thing and does bad things to your body. Regardless of how we change as a culture or how much we grow intellectually and spiritually it is still bad to be fat. You can be the most open minded, happy, fear free, nonjudgmental, deep thinking, intellectual person in the world and it won't make being fat a good thing.
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #25
Peter Devlin
Valued Poster

I do understand the frustration. I see how it may seem that what I'm offering doesn't apply, and I offer apologies in that regard.

As a kind of an explanation of my responding at all, consider;

One says, "These two pieces of this puzzle, from all appearances, clearly go together. We should hold them aside, turn and push them. We believe they will fit, and we'll have progress toward The Solution."

But another says, "Excuse me but I have to mention that that two dimensional puzzle you've laid out and are so intently focused upon, is part of a vast tapestry, infinitely larger, infinitely multi-dimensional. At that level, you will only find an un-ending stream of two dimensional pieces."

...Cryptic again. I know. Sorry. That's just the way IT is.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #26
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
I do understand the frustration. I see how it may seem that what I'm offering doesn't apply, and I offer apologies in that regard.

As a kind of an explanation of my responding at all, consider;

One says, "These two pieces of this puzzle, from all appearances, clearly go together. We should hold them aside, turn and push them. We believe they will fit, and we'll have progress toward The Solution."

But another says, "Excuse me but I have to mention that that two dimensional puzzle you've laid out and are so intently focused upon, is part of a vast tapestry, infinitely larger, infinitely multi-dimensional. At that level, you will only find an un-ending stream of two dimensional pieces."

...Cryptic again. I know. Sorry. That's just the way IT is.
cryptic gibberish? why do you post it if you can't respond to the 1st post?

you remind of ahare krishna dancing on the plaza
Old 05-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #27
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Wow, what does liberal have to do with fat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo7 View Post
Are you a liberal? Did you vote for Obama? .....y[/URL]
Are you a fatso redneck?

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #28
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
Are you a fatso redneck?

JR
Do you redundancy of adding fatso in there?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 PM   #29
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Being overweight also causes hypertension. I believe heart disease is the number one killer. None of us will live forever. Ive heard that our health and longevity increases with a BMI below the normal range. If you cant eat what you want lm not sure its worth it.
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #30
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misawahawk View Post
Being overweight also causes hypertension. I believe heart disease is the number one killer. None of us will live forever. Ive heard that our health and longevity increases with a BMI below the normal range. If you cant eat what you want lm not sure its worth it.
you can eat whatever you want, but you can't eat as much as you want

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women