Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40258
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation popeyes new sandwich

jeez has anyone tried to go to popeyes to get a fried chicken sandwich since they introduced the new wildly popular chicken sandwich 2 weeks ago? damn the media frenzy has been wild.

https://thetakeout.com/popeyes-chick...ess-1837582061

and now they are sold out everywhere. https://www.businessinsider.com/pope...dwiches-2019-8

I didn't ever find one because they were always sold out, In fact on sunday the popeyes on MLK was sold out of EVERYTHING due to UT buying them out 100% that day. today I tried again and there were at least 15 people in line inside and the cars were backed up onto to the street in the drive thru and they're saying up front they are totally sold out of the new sandwich. this has pushed their business into the stratosphere. I love popeye's best of all the fried chicken places. can't wait to get to try the new sandwich, when it finally gets back. any reports of someone who tried it?
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
tonyscag9
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

Is it better than Chickfila? I doubt it
tonyscag9 is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscag9 View Post
To make the best chicken sandwich, you first must wash off the homophobia.
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #4
tonyscag9
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_nami View Post
To make the best chicken sandwich, you first must wash off the homophobia.
lol true
Old 08-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #5
quzi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 90

it was compared to chik fil a as the popeyes version being better. give me cheap drum and thighs anyday (that's Tuesdays at Popeyes).
quzi is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:19 AM   #6
supercold1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Chick-Fil-a is bland as fuck. Anything from popeye’s tastes better. The only reason you eat at CFA because you’re a massive fucking homophobe and you want everyone to know it by the brand chicken you eat. It can be the only reason. CFA sucks, I’d rather go to KFC.
supercold1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:27 AM   #7
austintoast
Premium Access

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercold1 View Post
Chick-Fil-a is bland as fuck. Anything from popeye’s tastes better. The only reason you eat at CFA because you’re a massive fucking homophobe and you want everyone to know it by the brand chicken you eat. It can be the only reason. CFA sucks, I’d rather go to KFC.
This is an interesting perspective. My big problem with it is that the two homosexuals I know closely both have visibly eaten CFA in front of me. YMMV. Some people think the chicken is worth the homophobia.

Personally, them being closed on Sundays is a dealbraker, since that means any sunday I'm looking for Chicken, I end up at Cane's (because there isn't a popeye's close to where I am at lunch time on a sunday).
austintoast is online now   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #8
n2linctus
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 18

I tried to buy one for several days in Austin and they were always sold out. I’m at Harrah’s in New Orleans for a couple of days and had one last night at the Popeyes on Canal Street.

Yes... their sandwich beats Chickfila hands down. IMHO
n2linctus is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 08:33 AM   #9
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/busin...rnd/index.html
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #10
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Religious and political beliefs do not matter in taste. Only to the highly offended does it matter!
Best chicken sandwich? Whataburgers Whatachicken.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
RustyBalls
Still Looking for WD-40

Encounters: 1
Talking There Is Another Way to Play This: Buy Tyson's Chicken Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyscag9 View Post
I tried unsuccessfully to get a Popeye's sandwich on Tues in RR and was told that they would have them again on Thursday morning. They said to come early as they will again quickly sell out with the "limited number" of sandwiches that they will receive. Most likely I will miss out as I have and "appointment" on Thursday that will keep me busy.

Oh well, CFA is close by and they have plenty of both their original and spicy chicken sandwiches.

On the other hand, Jim Cramer compared both the sandwiches and company's business practices on Monday afternoon's Mad Money show.

Cramer liked the Popeye's sandwich but said the best way to play this trend was to buy Tyson's Chicken Stock since CFA is a privately held company and Popeye's is a small portion of a larger food conglomerate, Restaurant Brands (QSR).

Here is link to Cramer's Summary: https://www.thestreet.com/jim-cramer...ug-26-15068181

"The Chicken Sandwich Wars"
The chicken sandwich wars have begun on Twitter (TWTR - Get Report) and social media, Cramer proclaimed to viewers. It's Chick-fil-A versus the upstart Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen and just about everyone is praising Popeye's for their first-ever chicken sandwich.

Long lines out the door is typically great news for investors, but in this case, Chick-fil-A is privately held and Popeye's is now just one of many brands housed inside Restaurant Brands (QSR - Get Report) . In fact Popeye's accounts for just 12% of sales at Restaurant Brands, and while Cramer said he's not against owning the stock, investors should not invest for Popeye's.

But there is a hidden way to play the chicken wars and that's with Tyson Foods (TSN - Get Report) , which derives 30% of its sales from chicken and 88% of sales from the domestic U.S. market. Trading at just 13 times earnings, with shares up 70% for the year, Cramer said he's a buyer of Tyson Foods.
RustyBalls is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #12
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

"Religious and political beliefs do not matter in taste. Only to the highly offended does it matter!
Best chicken sandwich? Whataburgers Whatachicken."

That is if you don't care whose pockets your money goes it! I don't want my money going to support dictators or helping elect idiot presidents, or discrimiinate against a segment of society. The next segment of society they discriminate against could be you!
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #13
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
"Religious and political beliefs do not matter in taste. Only to the highly offended does it matter!
Best chicken sandwich? Whataburgers Whatachicken."

That is if you don't care whose pockets your money goes it! I don't want my money going to support dictators or helping elect idiot presidents, or discrimiinate against a segment of society. The next segment of society they discriminate against could be you!
This is the true racism of America! I do not care who people like vote for or believe in! By the way. Do you realize that chic fil a pays its employees better than any fast food chain? Its employees gets benefits and have access to scholarships to further education. Chic fil a has been voted one of the best companies to work for many times. The owner of the Braker and 183 location paid his employees or found work elsewhere while that location was being renovated. Just setting the true facts straight..
Popeyes buys their chicken from tyson food conglomerate! Where is the outrage over the tyson chicken plant pollution in Arkansas? By the way, the clintons helped easing regulations and penalties of tyson. The clintons have benefitted in return from tyson with large contributions.
Just more facts setting the record straight! All public info and readily available.
Whataburger still has the whatachicken and thats all i need.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #14
RustyBalls
Still Looking for WD-40

Encounters: 1

Did you just say whack-a-chicken? Oh never mind, I misread your post, it's: "whatachicken.
RustyBalls is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
tonyscag9
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercold1 View Post
I eat at Chickfila because I'm too lazy to pack a lunch and its salads are the only good option near me.

I've balanced out the Hate by donating to the ACLU and PFLAG to the amount of $200 a year which is 2000% more than what percentage of money I give chickfila might leak out into anti-gay funds.

To be fair, Chickfila treats their staff great (healthcare, school, opening their own franchise)
If I boycotted every place that has even a smidgen of homophobia from my list I couldn't buy a car or go to wal mart.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women