Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #31
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMonroe View Post
Yeah I thought exorcist was boring.
This is exactly what I was talking about. In its day The Exorcist was a worldwide phenomenon. It was just about the scariest thing any of us had ever seen - and it remained so until a few year later when Halloween came out. I suppose I could lie and say I was in grade school when The Exorcist was released, but you'd know I was lying cuz it was rated R. Nope, I was in college, and had grown up on the movies I mentioned before - all the Karloff creepers, 1950s radiation-induced monsterism, etc, etc. Yet The Exorcist, and later Halloween, had the capacity to scare the living shit out of a college student.

I rented The Exorcist just a few months ago, and watched it for the first time since I saw it in theaters almost 40 years ago. Yep, I thought it was boring, too.

We live in a different world, that's for sure. That's why I have such a hard time answering the original question. Almost nothing is really scary anymore. Even Paranormal Activity wasn't really scary. There were moments when sudden movement or a loud bang would startle me, but it didn't scare me the way the Karloff monster did.

And by the way @ Joel Goodson - I though Zombieland was going to be just another stupid zombie movie. But it is an absolute freakin' riot! Highly recommended. BM cracked me up.
mastermind238 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #32
MarleyMonroe
Account Disabled

User ID: 3208
My ECCIE Reviews

Paranormal really freaked me out, ghosts and demons do it for me. Things I believe in scare me most.
MarleyMonroe is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #33
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Yeah. Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter does it, yikes. Scene where he knifes Gnocco to death stayed with me for a long time.
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #34
Paven
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3790
My ECCIE Reviews

You thought the Exorcist was boring? That was based on a true story and voted the scariest movie of all time for I don't know how many years.
Paven is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #35
gman44

Encounters: 203

My favorites are

The Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Child's Play

the remake of Night of the Demons was good and I think I saw the original too

Amityville
Poltergeist
Romero's living dead movies
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #36
Fringe Hobbyist
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 11

It's a little off the beaten path, but if it's on Netflix Streaming give The Signal a try.
Fringe Hobbyist is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #37
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paven View Post
You thought the Exorcist was boring? That was based on a true story and voted the scariest movie of all time for I don't know how many years.
You were probably addressing this to the "other" MM, but just to clarify ... I did think Exorcist was scary as hell the first time I saw it. It was scary precisely because it was unlike anything anyone had seen up to that point. But the skills of filmmakers today, not to mention the special effects, have improved so much since then that we become immune to the little tricks that worked so well in The Exorcist.

I also saw the original Star Wars (Episode IV) 7 times in theaters the summer it was first released. It was the most original piece of filmmaking any of us had seen. I could have watched it 7 more times that summer and not have gotten tired of it. Now, it seems amateurish, poorly paced, and with spotty acting - especially from Harrison Ford. My tastes have changed, but even more so my expectations have changed - and that goes for every genre, not just horror flicks.

It's kinda sad that Karloff doesn't make kids want to hide under the covers any more. But I wouldn't trade the filmmakers we have today for any of those schlockmeisters of the '30s and '40s.
mastermind238 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #38
MarleyMonroe
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I'm sure thats y I found it boring, its before my time and im used to all these modern horror movies. Amityville scared the crap out of me as a kid. Im talking hiding under the covers sweating scarred lol.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #39
knotty man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

WHAT!!! are you crazy. the exorcist scared the bejesus outta me! i saw it in college at a midnight showing then went to a party and stayed the night cuz i was too afraid to go home(im such a pussy). i really think its those subliminal images you see in the film though
knotty man is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #40
Reya Sunshine
Account Disabled

User ID: 56673
My ECCIE Reviews

Hmmm...some of my favorite movies that are kinda in that vein are:

* Freeway (with Resse Witherspoon)
* Freaks(the old black and white by Tod Browning)
* Fright Night/Terrorvision/Nightmare on Elm street ( for nostalgic reasons mostly)
* ANY AND ALL of the TROMAVILLE movies
* The Snake Pit(black and white)
* Vacancy and all those recent movies about people checking into hotels and being set up to be terrorized (I'm in hotels a lot so I can relate to the victims)
Reya Sunshine is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #41
MarleyMonroe
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Heresy View Post
Hmmm...some of my favorite movies that are kinda in that vein are:

* Freeway (with Resse Witherspoon)
* Freaks(the old black and white by Tod Browning)
* Fright Night/Terrorvision/Nightmare on Elm street ( for nostalgic reasons mostly)
* ANY AND ALL of the TROMAVILLE movies
* The Snake Pit(black and white)
* Vacancy and all those recent movies about people checking into hotels and being set up to be terrorized (I'm in hotels a lot so I can relate to the victims)
Wow, thanks girl. u just named some i have never heard of hope i can get em on netflix!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #42
saj1000
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Those Flying Monkeys in Wizard of Oz scared the schitt out of me when I was a kid. Saw a movie called "Children shouldn't play with Dead Things" when I was about 14 that haunted me for months.

In 96 or 97 they did a miniseries version of The Shining on TV with the guy from the show Wings. It scared the crap out of me and my ex-wife. We were both afraid to get out of bed and go the bathroom that was 6 feet away!
saj1000 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #43
Baloney Pony
Valued Poster

Location: Undisclosed Location...where The Hobby is curiously absent
Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMonroe View Post
Things I believe in scare me most.

"The Stepfather".

Believable, fascinating, and creepy as hell to watch a fellow in his quest for "The American Dream" and what he will do to get it.

Worth it just to see Terry O'Quinn as Jerry Blake change from one person to another as he takes on new identities in his quest, and be very confused and scary in the process.
Baloney Pony is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #44
Joel Goodson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

"The Road"

A very sad, suspenseful, and creepy movie if there ever was one. Strong believable performances across the board.

I don't recommend that a single mom watch it. The images it leaves you with are rather depressing.
Joel Goodson is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women