Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Questions for the Staff - Dallas
Questions for the Staff - Dallas Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 10-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
Bloodhound
Lifetime Premium Access

I think the mods not stepping in with an answer tells us the site loves this.
Bloodhound is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #32
Namssa
Administrator

Encounters: 39

I do not get the pop ups my pop up blocker works fine so it might be in the way you have your web browser set up.
You might try the technical forum.

I know not the answer you want but you are asking the wrong people.

A forum moderator oversees the communication activity of an internet forum. He monitors the interchange of contributors and makes decisions regarding content and the direction of threads. Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized is also a common job for a forum moderator.

The administrators (short form: "admin") manage the technical details required for running the site.
Namssa is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #33
Stag
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Thanks for the clarification, Namssa. So, I'll redirect my question:

ADMINS and any others in position to know, level with us. Is this something that you're doing to us to sell an ad or generate revenue?

I think enough of us have expressed strong opinions (with varying degrees of rancor) that it should be obvious that this crap bugs the high holy sheet out of nearly all of us. I don't know why Namssa is able to block the ads but so many of the rest of us are not, but I have addressed this question to the best IT guy I know that I can trust with knowledge of my hobby second life, and can't seem to find a fix.

SO LEVEL WITH US. What's up?

Thanks,

Stag
Stag is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #34
Sleepy363
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namssa View Post
I do not get the pop ups my pop up blocker works fine so it might be in the way you have your web browser set up.
You might try the technical forum.

I know not the answer you want but you are asking the wrong people.

A forum moderator oversees the communication activity of an internet forum. He monitors the interchange of contributors and makes decisions regarding content and the direction of threads. Moving discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized is also a common job for a forum moderator.

The administrators (short form: "admin") manage the technical details required for running the site.
It doesn't matter if the users HAVE the ability to block the pop-ups or not, this site shouldn't be USING pop-ups to where the users HAVE to block them. It's shady business.

Why will the admins/owners not respond about why they have decided to force something on us that everyone hates?
Sleepy363 is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #35
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 118

I'm lucky...the only popups I've experienced are the ones with a Provider.

Why are they here? It's called Paying The Bills, everyone. Server fees, design and site maintenance fees...plus the Mods make $100,000.00 USD/year so the money has to come from somewhere.

But still...when something is introduced here it would be professional of the Mods to post a thread about it. And PLEASE do not introduce sound with them.

Here's something to think about: would you rather have ECCIE with popups or no ECCIE at all?
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
Namssa
Administrator

I think most of you know the answer and are only asking the question because we all like to question things. Without knowing anymore than the posters here I would guess that revenue is the reason, it cost money to keep the board running. There is no membership free and many write reviews to get premium access. So how do you generate revenue to keep the board at the level everyone expects?
Remember what happens to a board when the owners do not have the funds to keep it constantly updated, it may become unstable. The pop ups bring revenue and could be easily blocked with pop up blockers so it probably seemed like the right thing to do for the board.Thats my thoughts, no insider knowledge, just past history elsewhere.

Shady business Pop Ups? really? I think the top 1% of posters, that are not staff members, should be charged per post to help cover the board costs. Might make what they say worth something.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #37
Sleepy363
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namssa View Post
I think most of you know the answer and are only asking the question because we all like to question things. Without knowing anymore than the posters here I would guess that revenue is the reason, it cost money to keep the board running. There is no membership free and many write reviews to get premium access. So how do you generate revenue to keep the board at the level everyone expects?
Remember what happens to a board when the owners do not have the funds to keep it constantly updated, it may become unstable. The pop ups bring revenue and could be easily blocked with pop up blockers so it probably seemed like the right thing to do for the board.Thats my thoughts, no insider knowledge, just past history elsewhere.

Shady business Pop Ups? really? I think the top 1% of posters, that are not staff members, should be charged per post to help cover the board costs. Might make what they say worth something.
Yes namssa, it's shady business. First, name what other message boards you are on that force pop-ups on their users? For any of them that I have ever been on, this is the ONLY one.

It's also shady not to announce it if you're going to do it and just ignore users asking questions about them. Some people were concerned there were virus issues, and instead of answering the questions, there is nothing but silence. That is a horrible way to run a message board, to just deceive the users who are concerned there may be a virus when it's intentionally placed for ad money.

Why are the owners taking this approach? It seems like the worst possible approach. Just be HONEST with the people instead of treating them like idiots.
Sleepy363 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #38
!!Sexy Erotic Morgan
Kiss My Ass!

User ID: 20698
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You guys, the pop ups are ad space that ECCIE sold to Eros and other companies. They are not going away. They are not that big of a deal either, just close them and move on. Do not let it keep you from enjoying the site because I have a feeling they are here to stay. You can't blame the site owners for wanting to make money.
!!Sexy Erotic Morgan is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #39
Stag
Valued Poster

Several points:

First -- congratulations, Namssa, your avatar is the only thing that makes me actually feel good about Christmas coming (or is that "cumming"?). Yeah, I said it -- BAH HUMBUG!

Second -- It's not true, for whatever reason, that the pop-ups being employed on this site are "easily blocked" because my blockers work everywhere but here. I don't know why, but the fact that I've spent so damned much time -- and consulted an outside expert to boot -- trying to block these particular popups almost by definition makes them NOT "easily blocked."

Third -- when I finally succeeded in moving my gaze from EroticMorgan's avatar to her words, I came up with an alternative strategy. Eros and any others that buy popups does so as advertising, to INCREASE business. Maybe the most capitalistic way to stop that behavior is to REFUSE to ever do business with any business that buys a popup.

Obviously, registering an honest and respectful opinion about the practice of popups does not generate enough interest to curb the practice. So, I'm hereby urging all the brethren here to STOP-UP THE POP-UP! BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT USES POP-UP ADVERTISING!!!

Will that fix things?
Stag is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #40
Stag
Valued Poster

STOP-UP THE POP-UP! BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT USES POP-UP ADVERTISING!!!

(By the way, this will become my new signature line, if I ever figure out how.)
Stag is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #41
Namssa
Administrator

I spent a few minutes on a PC I do not normally use to get on Eccie and I saw popups. It took me about 15 minutes to resolve the issue with Mozilla Firefox, and I am not in the computer business or IT. I would like to know how much experts get paid to do this because I might decide to make a career change?
Old 10-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #42
Stag
Valued Poster

Quote:
It took me about 15 minutes to resolve the issue with Mozilla Firefox,
That's great news! Would you mind sharing with the rest of us what the secret was, so we can put a close to this thread, without admins having to actually answer the question? Thanks in advance.

(As to pricing -- the last time i inquired about Geek Squad pricing it was something like $150/hour, but you can find lots of help at $60-70/hr. It's a lot less than quality time spent with one of our lovelies, but then again, which "hard drive" is more valuable to you?)
Stag is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #43
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Hey Namssa, log off and clear your cookies and see if that little problem has been resolved.

I was talking to a local moderator the other day and he also said that he hasn't experienced these damned pop-ups either. It kind of make me wonder if you guys simply aren't being targeted...? I don't even know if that's possible, but it sure seems suspect.

These damned pop-ups remind me of Jerry World or NASCAR, where they're trying to squeeze out every last penny and putting the corporate peeps ahead of the common peeps.

Me personally, I will NEVER do business with a company that utilizes pop-ups for advertising. It's ANNOYING! At least allow us the option to turn the damned thing off!

SofaKingFun is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #44
YOLO
Registered Member

The only add-on I have in firefox is Adblock Plus, and I haven't gotten a single pop-up yet today.
YOLO is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #45
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Try this...

-Log off of this site.

-Clear your cookies (Firefox: ~>Tools~>Options~>Privacy~>(scroll down mid-page) ~> click remove individual cookies~> type in; eccie (in the search field) and click "remove cookie", (take out anything that has "eccie" in it), when you've finished, close the window.

-Now open up eccie and log back in and see if the pop-ups pop-back-up.

SofaKingFun is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women