Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452932
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 08-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Travel to Morocco?

Has anyone traveled to Morocco? More specifically, Tangiers and Marrakesh?

I've been doing a lot of daydreaming lately and I'm wanting to plan a trip for the Spring. It's been almost twenty years since I went to Europe and even back then, I wanted to cross the Straight of Gibraltar.

Tangiers just sounds so exotic. And I read this weekend about Marrakesh and Fes being even more colorful and fantastic to visit.

Would appreciate knowing what others think of the area.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
John Bull
Valued Poster

Be sure to wear your hajib and bullet-proof vest. LOL
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
SaytownFinest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

EW: I was last in Morocco in 2007...and when I was there, it was a great country to visit with some caveats. First: It's not Paris, so you can't just wander with a camera/cash in hand. Stick to well-beaten paths or hire a TRUSTED guide/guard to show you away--preferably both! Second, there have been anti-American protests/demonstrations there in the last couple of years. Make sure you keep up with the most current news. I absolutely encourage you to read the CIA factsheet for any country you are planning on going to .

Morocco is a loud, crowded, old-world country. It truly is a unique experience to walk through the marketplace--it's a surreal feeling, akin to stepping back in time. I loved every second of it, but be aware that there are aggressive pick-pockets in the marketplaces. For instance, I was with some friends who returned home one night to discover they were proud owners of slit-pocket jeans...minus all contents previously therein.

Also, there are areas between Mauritania and Morocco where Saharan border disputes are an ongoing issue. Accordingly, mines/random violence/kidnappings are not uncommon. Do your homework before you go and avoid any area in which you or any other person you are traveling with will be a high-value target.

It's a country that takes a bit more prep time to really enjoy SAFELY, but if you do your research--you will have fun!
SaytownFinest is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
speeedracer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

pro tip: don't look like an american. lose the bulky camera, the fanny pack, the backpack, etc. i'd even wear some local garb. keep money well hidden within your clothing and not in your pockets. never stop paying attention to those around first you first and foremost, even while being distracted sightseeing. never pull out your wallet or show where you keep your money in public; pull it out in private so pickpockets won't know where to grab it from. beware of beggars and small kids; they're often used as distraction while their partner is frisking your wallet. never keep all your money in one place on your body. anytime you get bumped or run into, there's a good chance it was on purpose, even if they apologize for it; check to make sure your wallet is still there. don't venture where there aren't a lot of people, like alleys, etc. learn basic phrases in arabic; 'how much', 'where's a bathroom' etc. learn what local customs and faux pas are, especially those for women, so you don't offend anyone.

basically, don't wander aimlessly enjoying the sights. be constantly aware of your surroundings and always use common sense.
speeedracer is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

In these times, I would not go any further East than Italy or any further South than Sicily for a Mediterranean trip, be it business or pleasure (or both).
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
Chloe Kensington
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 91589
Default La Mamounia

I've only been to Marakkesh once and I stayed at La Mamounia - it was divine!

I hear there's a newer jet set place to go but I forget what it's called. Should be a great experience if, like people have said here, you stay safe.

Happy holidays!
Chloe Kensington is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
AmberBamber
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 192429
My ECCIE Reviews

EW Morocco is a awesome choose.
I went to Morocco back in 2008. It was a surreal experience for me and 2 of my girlfriends. We went there with 2 gentlemen that were from there. We stayed in Marrakesh in their parents four story house, even had a balcony on the roof. There was a beautiful view over looking the country side. I saw heard of goats and various other animals wondering around free, no fences and just crossing the streets (dirt roads) at their leisure. People riding on little carts, piled high with what looked like junk, pulled by mules. Small cars and motorcycles speeding through the streets with no regard of people walking down them, but there was a lot of honking, lol.
But my favorite place of all was the flea market. They have one of the largest outdoor flea markets in the world. It's so big you can't see everything in one day, and it's really easy to get lost in there. I went at the beginning of my trip, was there all day but only saw about half. The day before my return home I went to see the rest and do last minute gift shopping.
I also visit Casablanca, I was over whelmed. There were men in the streets with guns, ready to take care of anyone not doing as told. I even saw a woman that was protesting get hit in the face the butt of a gun when she was arguing with a guy. It was like old world, meets new world. Enormous buildings with high tech security cameras, with dirt road alleys and little food markets on the corner. Older houses with beautiful art work, all connected to each other and a few streets down, newer 2 story mansions, with all the bells and whistles.
On the weekend before we left, we went to the beach in Sofia. It was at the bottom of a cliff, we had to walk down a steep zigzag path to get to it, but it was worth the 20 min walk. The sand was so soft and white, and the water was clear and warm. And we looked up at the cliff and could see cows walking by the edge. It was a little weird seeing women fully clothed to go swimming, though.

There was a large variety of quality restaurants, due to a mixture of cultures there. There is of course Moroccan, but also French, Italian, and Spanish (not Mexican, I mean from Spain). But if you get home sick, I saw a McDonald's and we order Pizza Hut one night.

I will say, it helps to know someone from there, to travel with. When we first got there we visited the flea market and bought the right attire, so we would blend in and not be targeted by thieves or anyone that was against Americans. The 2nd day we were there before we could get to the flea, we had our regular clothes on and we walked to the corner store to get some drinks. A group of women threw rocks at us. I guess they didn't like our shorts and tank tops, lol. Also when we were in Casablanca, the guys we were with had to leave for a few hours and they locked us in the apartment we were at. They say it was for our own safety, b/c people knew we were American and were watching us. They were watching for us to come out on the balcony and to see what apt. we were in. I don't know what they would have done if they could have got to us but it was pretty scary shit.
Over all Morocco was one of the most culture rich, beautiful and exciting places I've
been. Just be smart, blend in, and enjoy.

AB
AmberBamber is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #8
Chloe Kensington
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 91589

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberBamber View Post
EW Morocco is a awesome choose.
I went to Morocco back in 2008. It was a surreal experience for me and 2 of my girlfriends. We went there with 2 gentlemen that were from there. We stayed in Marrakesh in their parents four story house, even had a balcony on the roof. There was a beautiful view over looking the country side. I saw heard of goats and various other animals wondering around free, no fences and just crossing the streets (dirt roads) at their leisure. People riding on little carts, piled high with what looked like junk, pulled by mules. Small cars and motorcycles speeding through the streets with no regard of people walking down them, but there was a lot of honking, lol.
But my favorite place of all was the flea market. They have one of the largest outdoor flea markets in the world. It's so big you can't see everything in one day, and it's really easy to get lost in there. I went at the beginning of my trip, was there all day but only saw about half. The day before my return home I went to see the rest and do last minute gift shopping.
I also visit Casablanca, I was over whelmed. There were men in the streets with guns, ready to take care of anyone not doing as told. I even saw a woman that was protesting get hit in the face the butt of a gun when she was arguing with a guy. It was like old world, meets new world. Enormous buildings with high tech security cameras, with dirt road alleys and little food markets on the corner. Older houses with beautiful art work, all connected to each other and a few streets down, newer 2 story mansions, with all the bells and whistles.
On the weekend before we left, we went to the beach in Sofia. It was at the bottom of a cliff, we had to walk down a steep zigzag path to get to it, but it was worth the 20 min walk. The sand was so soft and white, and the water was clear and warm. And we looked up at the cliff and could see cows walking by the edge. It was a little weird seeing women fully clothed to go swimming, though.

There was a large variety of quality restaurants, due to a mixture of cultures there. There is of course Moroccan, but also French, Italian, and Spanish (not Mexican, I mean from Spain). But if you get home sick, I saw a McDonald's and we order Pizza Hut one night.

I will say, it helps to know someone from there, to travel with. When we first got there we visited the flea market and bought the right attire, so we would blend in and not be targeted by thieves or anyone that was against Americans. The 2nd day we were there before we could get to the flea, we had our regular clothes on and we walked to the corner store to get some drinks. A group of women threw rocks at us. I guess they didn't like our shorts and tank tops, lol. Also when we were in Casablanca, the guys we were with had to leave for a few hours and they locked us in the apartment we were at. They say it was for our own safety, b/c people knew we were American and were watching us. They were watching for us to come out on the balcony and to see what apt. we were in. I don't know what they would have done if they could have got to us but it was pretty scary shit.
Over all Morocco was one of the most culture rich, beautiful and exciting places I've
been. Just be smart, blend in, and enjoy.

AB
Wow that sounds like an amazing experience! I imagine you must have others?
Chloe Kensington is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women