Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47526
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37
Default Am I being pranked?

A provider doesn't currently list a phone number in her showcase; you have to PM her for it. So I thought I'd be clever and get the number from one of her old reviews. I texted the number just asking if she was available for a 30 min. Didn't say for what - no activities or discussion of exchange of money.

I got back a message saying that my message and phone number had been saved to a hard drive by the FBI.

Is this a prank, or should i be concerned?
mastermind238 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21

It is a prank... simple truth is that the FBI already has your phone number saved.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Just to be clear, the number I texted was an old one, from a 6 month old review. She's had a new number since December.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

User ID: 118368

You were rude to not follow her instructions.

It's probably a prank. Worst case, you'll find yourself on one of those Exposing Johns websites.
Guest062114-5 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

+1 for Minx.

You have been on the board more than 4 years and you should know by now that providers quite often get new phone numbers.

Old phone numbers always are "returned" so to speak to the phone company. Which might or might not wait four or five months to recycle that phone number to a new customer.

And, if that customer gets a few or more calls asking for "Sally Sue's BJs" the new owner of that number has a couple of choices:

-- If the issue continues, get a new phone number.

-- If the new owner has a bit invested in the existing number since he/she texted 40 or 50 friends, well, "fighting back" might be the only option.

Best if you immediately Google your phone number to make sure it is not listed in 800notes, Bad Boys or worse.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
mastermind238
Valued Poster

I don't see how my post could be interpreted as an invitation to a scolding and a lecture, neither if which helped in any way. Learn something new every day.

So let me rephrase my question for anyone who might have a serious reply rather than a gratuitous slam - what is the likelihood that the FBI, or any federal agency, would be monitoring messages going to a provider's discarded phone?
Old 02-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
NikkiWhite
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 172101
My ECCIE Reviews

Are u blind and did u not see cks answer?

Its hilarious that ur in this predicament because u thought u could get around someone's rules

Geezes yeah the fbi is following u dude ur about to go.down big time lol.
NikkiWhite is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind238 View Post
I don't see how my post could be interpreted as an invitation to a scolding and a lecture, neither if which helped in any way. Learn something new every day.

So let me rephrase my question for anyone who might have a serious reply rather than a gratuitous slam - what is the likelihood that the FBI, or any federal agency, would be monitoring messages going to a provider's discarded phone?
Skipping over berating you for not following instructions

You're using a burner phone, right? One that you walked into a random store and paid cash for, right? And you activated it using either no name, or "John Q. Public" for a name, right?

So who cares if the FBI is monitoring messages to a provider's discarded phone? It links back to, well . . . nothing, so why would you care?

At worst, if you're worried, do a Saul Goodman on that bad boy, pony up for a shiny new one, and start letting people know you've changed your hobby number.

Of course, if you're using your IRL phone, then you've just learned a lesson.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

No. The FBI doesn't care. But some watchdog group does. Far worse in my opinion.

And for the record. I answered your original question accurately. If you think that was a scolding from me...you have no idea.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #10
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMynx69 View Post
No. The FBI doesn't care. But some watchdog group does. Far worse in my opinion.

And for the record. I answered your original question accurately. If you think that was a scolding from me...you have no idea.
You still don't grasp the crux of the issue. You use words like "probably" and "doesn't care." This is a forum where, i thought, we could ask questions about legal matters. The LEGAL question i'm trying to get answered is whether, under some circumstances, a FEDERAL agency can be involved in matters that most of us have always believed were handled exclusively by state and local authorities. And if so, under what pretext are they able to make such things FEDERAL matters. Whether they "care to" or not is beside the point. Do they have the AUTHORITY.

I don't give a shit whether you think i was rude, or whether i might be on some butt-fucking watch list. Those are issues we can take up in a different forum. In THIS forum, if you are qualified to answer the LEGAL question i asked, then please do so and cite statute or court precedent. So far all you've done is bash.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #11
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

To bluntly answer the question, yes.

If the FBI wants to butt in, all they have to do is say "trafficking", and state and local authorities will fall all over themselves to help, because they might get a piece of the pie.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNK View Post
To bluntly answer the question, yes.

If the FBI wants to butt in, all they have to do is say "trafficking", and state and local authorities will fall all over themselves to help, because they might get a piece of the pie.
Thank you.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #13
Guest062114-5
Account Disabled

Ok. Your question continues to change. Let me try AGAIN.

The FBI has no reason to monitor a prostitute's discarded phone, but for some sort of larger investigation such as suspected terrorism or a political corruption investigation like the Spitzer case or federal issues like a RICO investigation, human trafficking involving the Mann Act, large scale tax evasion, etc.

In those cases, under NO circumstance I can imagine, would they alert you that they were logging your phone number. Why should they?

I'm not going to cute precedent or statutes because its simply common knowledge. If you would like a fully cite brief, you can hire me. But I charge more per hour than most of the hookers here.

Overall, we do not need to be concerned about the Federal Government being involved in day to day common prostitution. You are correct that it doesn't generally fall under their jurisdiction.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #14
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

User ID: 83529
My ECCIE Reviews

I know it probably doesn't matter, but if a lot of providers see this, you may end up on some DNS lists. A fella from OKC tried to get past my screening by contacting one of my reviewers for my phone number. It's very disrespectful and makes you look very shady. I hope the FBI put your number in their database. You can try to change your number, but they already know where you live.
Lil Oral Annie is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #15
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

They wouldn't tell you if they did that.

You people are fucking crazy.

Buy some tin foil and all will be good again.

They wouldnt use the word hard drive lol

Gullible people
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women