Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59908
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #16
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Letting teachers volunteer to be trained well and then have a weapon on the school grounds would be good. It might not prevent all school shootings but it could significantly minimize the death toll.

By training I am talking about a high level of training that is periodically refreshed.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #17
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
I'm not sure I want' teachers packing......but.....

Do any of us think that an armed security guard at schools would help to stop these type of events?

1. I think the assault weapons ban needs to return.
2. Mental health issues need to be dealt with a little more seriously.
3. We need to consider armed security at schools (sadly)
+1

And I'd like to ask JD -- who exactly is calling for a gun ban?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I think most of you would shit yourselves if someone "live" said BOO to you. But SURELY you'd blow the bastards away if you were only given the right to kill...

I wouldn't want my kids going to a school where the teachers are packing anything stronger than lunch. WTF kind of people are you?

DIPSHITS TALK BIG. I fart in your general direction!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #19
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Ban "gun free" zones.........they are a magnet for the mass killers.
You are an idiot of unparalleled magnitude.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #20
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

For 30 years we have done things the liberal way and look at the body count. We've gotten rid of guns, created gun free zones, prevented people from protecting themselves, and propagandized the masses with your shit. All of this blood is on your hands. Time to go with the conservative solution for a couple of decades. Armed teachers or staff, concealed carry on college campuses for those qualified.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Letting teachers volunteer ....
By training I am talking about a high level of training that is periodically refreshed.
It would be more cost effective to have LE trained, equipped, and in place (no less than 2) with continual training on a rotational basis, supported by tele-monitoring of ingress and egress locations with emergency lock down capacity with constant communications with local dispatching .... local agency intensive training to respond ... there are many schools and districts that already have LE officers on campus and agency response plans in place....those need to be upgraded and continuously improved technologically and skill wise.

Keep the "feel good" and "user friendly" aspects of school facilities out of the mix...like convenient parking at the front door and casual "check in" at a counter with a "student assistant" doing the verifying .... of the incoming guest. Let "politics" take a backseat and allow LE to do their job without staff interference.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #22
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
For 30 years we have done things the liberal way and look at the body count. We've gotten rid of guns, created gun free zones, prevented people from protecting themselves, and propagandized the masses with your shit. All of this blood is on your hands. Time to go with the conservative solution for a couple of decades. Armed teachers or staff, concealed carry on college campuses for those qualified.
So you want freedom of choice not an option? You continually make these irrational statements and never back them up with anything resembling the truth. Please answer these questions:

1. As asked before, who has asked for a gun ban?
2. What guns have we gotten rid of that reallly make a difference in anyone's lives? I know the average citizen can't have a fully automatic M-16 or AK-47 but the average citizen has no need for them.
3. Gun free zones are a freedom given to people who believe that having guns in a certain location is more dangerous than not having guns. No guns are allowed in my workplace. Good decision IMHO. I have much more fear of a coworker being fired and taking his legally concealed handgun and starting to randomly fire away than I am of some crazed individual coming into the building and randomly firing away.
4. Let colleges decide whether or not they want concealed weapons on campus. Do you think college administrators have not weighed the options? At the University of Texas - Austin, the President of the college, the administration, the faculty, and the majority of the students have come out in favor of keeping their campus gun-free. Shouldn't their opinions count?
5. Exactly what have we done to keep people from protecting themselves?
6. Do you know that the NRA outspends gun control organizations 10-1 in spreading "propoganda"?
7. Why do you lump everyone who wants any gun control at all as a "liberal"? I definitely consider myself a conservative but I also look at every issue separately and sometimes I side with liberals, mostly with conservatives.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Armed teachers or staff
I am ok with an armed teacher instructing me when I renew my concealed handgun license. I am not ok with 1st grade teachers packing a pistol in front of a room full of their students!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #24
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

I am sure several of the teachers and staff had pepper spray and/or tazer type equipment.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #25
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
It would be more cost effective to have LE trained, equipped, and in place (no less than 2) with continual training on a rotational basis, supported by tele-monitoring of ingress and egress locations with emergency lock down capacity with constant communications with local dispatching .... local agency intensive training to respond ... there are many schools and districts that already have LE officers on campus and agency response plans in place....those need to be upgraded and continuously improved technologically and skill wise.

Keep the "feel good" and "user friendly" aspects of school facilities out of the mix...like convenient parking at the front door and casual "check in" at a counter with a "student assistant" doing the verifying .... of the incoming guest. Let "politics" take a backseat and allow LE to do their job without staff interference.
School districts are cash strapped all over. What you propose sounds good but is very costly to do. On the other hand, citizens in Texas that have applied for and received a CHL have been background checked by the Texas Department of Public Safety and the FBI. This check includes criminal ( No more than a class C misdemeanor), mental issues, and medical issues. Furthermore ALL school district employees, from the Superintendent to Custodial staff have further background checks done to get and keep their jobs.

CHL training involves detailed instruction on weapon familiarity, shooting
proficiency, and the use of deadly force. Texas law allows CHL holders to be on school property, but not school premises. Premises being any building or portion thereof.

I had a meeting just yesterday with a Texas State Representative concerning state law that prohibits employers from prohibiting CHL employees from carrying their weapon to work, while leaving that weapon concealed in their locked personal vehicle. School districts receive an exemption to the prohibition. He agreed the exemption should not be there and will try and legislate it out. Furthermore he made the comment that he sees no problem with school staff with CHLs being allowed to carry on the job.

To sum this up. Until the current weapon free zones are abolished the crazies will continue to make those types of places their first target. They know they can do maximum damage without anyone being able to stop them.

One last comment concerning LexusLover's last paragraph. The Connecticut shooter broke in through a window.
gee_a_cee is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #26
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

You are trending dumb..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #27
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Talk about twisted. What I was saying last week was a discussion going on in the US Senate about taking away 2nd amendment rights from people that had a history of ANY mental or emotional problems by way of a bureaocrat and not a doctor. The ones being targetted were over 100,000 veterans because the federal government already has their records. That is what I really said WTF, you lying fuckwad.

You want folks the military deems mental to be able to get guns on demand, you lying SOB. This shooting was just bad timing for ignorant ass's like yourself. I trust the military to be a good enough judge to know if a person is sane enough to carry a gun. You do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
So you want freedom of choice not an option? You continually make these irrational statements and never back them up with anything resembling the truth. Please answer these questions:

1. As asked before, who has asked for a gun ban?
2. What guns have we gotten rid of that reallly make a difference in anyone's lives? I know the average citizen can't have a fully automatic M-16 or AK-47 but the average citizen has no need for them.
3. Gun free zones are a freedom given to people who believe that having guns in a certain location is more dangerous than not having guns. No guns are allowed in my workplace. Good decision IMHO. I have much more fear of a coworker being fired and taking his legally concealed handgun and starting to randomly fire away than I am of some crazed individual coming into the building and randomly firing away.
4. Let colleges decide whether or not they want concealed weapons on campus. Do you think college administrators have not weighed the options? At the University of Texas - Austin, the President of the college, the administration, the faculty, and the majority of the students have come out in favor of keeping their campus gun-free. Shouldn't their opinions count?
5. Exactly what have we done to keep people from protecting themselves?
6. Do you know that the NRA outspends gun control organizations 10-1 in spreading "propoganda"?
7. Why do you lump everyone who wants any gun control at all as a "liberal"? I definitely consider myself a conservative but I also look at every issue separately and sometimes I side with liberals, mostly with conservatives.
Good luck with having a rational discussion with that Drama Queen.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #28
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Allowing teachers (and others) to carry on school campus is NONE of the federal government's business.

Let each state decide that issue for itself !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #29
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Further backup of my above post:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/texas/a...73bacdcf6.html
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #30
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I am ok with an armed teacher instructing me when I renew my concealed handgun license. I am not ok with 1st grade teachers packing a pistol in front of a room full of their students!
The key word here should be "concealed". This is what the "C" in CHL stands for. No student, teacher, or other school staff member should ever know if one is packing.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women