Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-15-2019, 03:11 PM   #1
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34
Default Reality versus crazed, left wing rhetoric.

Someone attacked oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz. The White House says it is Iran. Iran says don't blame them. Where do you stand? Going to join the ayatollahs and eventually blame Trump? Or will you stand with Trump, common sense, and your country?

The White House says that China is not to be trusted. They steal intellectual property, lie to the world,and commit unfair business practices. China says the US is exaggerating. Who do you side with?

Dumb ass rhetoric aside, do you support the US or tin pot dictators?
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
oeb11
Valued Poster

Valid assessments of Iran and China - TRBC.

DPST's will support them over Trump any day.

Just their own version of Religion -Trump is the Devil.

LOL
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

it's not an either or situation. the White House is not "America". if Trump says Iran did it, and 538 members of Congress say Saudi Arabia did, is Trump's view that of America?

I think Iran did it, same way I "knew" Osama Bin Laden masterminded 911, the moment I heard about the planes flying into the twin towers. of course, many "knew" Oklahoma City was a Muslim designed attack as well. but I feel confident, within one standard deviation, that Iran masterminded this oil ship attack, and that's good enough for me.

China? I think everyone knows they steal, plot, and disrupt.. for some reason nobody seemed to care much, for so long.. the idea that Trump does, seems to stick a few people the wrong way.. fuck them
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
oeb11
Valued Poster

If 538 members of Congress say "this is the way it is" - is that the viewpoint of the American Public as a whole??
Maybe on a given issue - but as a Rule I sure as heck hope Not!.

Not gonna give that to the DPST's - much as they want it.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Barleycorn, I'm not getting quotes to work correctly so am putting your text in bold.

It's not beyond the White House to purposely mislead the American public to help start or escalate a war, sometimes purposely and sometimes not. WMD in Iraq and the second Gulf of Tonkin incident (Vietnam) are examples. The first Gulf of Tonkin incident and the Battleship Maine (Spanish American war) may be.

Someone attacked oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz. The White House says it is Iran. Iran says don't blame them. Where do you stand? Going to join the ayatollahs and eventually blame Trump? Or will you stand with Trump, common sense, and your country?

I believe the White House more than the Ayatollahs. I also believe Trump's instincts about keeping us out of wars are better than most politicians.

The White House says that China is not to be trusted. They steal intellectual property, lie to the world,and commit unfair business practices. China says the US is exaggerating.

I believe both your statements about the U.S. and China are correct. I trust the Chinese marginally more than Trump on their statements about trade and business practices.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 04:44 PM   #7
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

2 limpet mines above the water line. one was damaged it where as the other did not explode.

so who put it there is a good question.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:55 PM   #8
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Barleycorn, I'm not getting quotes to work correctly so am putting your text in bold.

It's not beyond the White House to purposely mislead the American public to help start or escalate a war, sometimes purposely and sometimes not. WMD in Iraq and the second Gulf of Tonkin incident (Vietnam) are examples. The first Gulf of Tonkin incident and the Battleship Maine (Spanish American war) may be.

I believe the White House more than the Ayatollahs. I also believe Trump's instincts about keeping us out of wars are better than most politicians.

The White House says that China is not to be trusted. They steal intellectual property, lie to the world,and commit unfair business practices. China says the US is exaggerating.

I believe both your statements about the U.S. and China are correct. I trust the Chinese marginally more than Trump on their statements about trade and business practices.
Well this is not the Gulf of Tonkin under LBJ operating in the dead of night, nor is it McKinley operating with just guesswork and William R Hearst. We have the technology.
The very fact that the notion is more than a notion on either point tells me you live in the wrong country you citizen of the world.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #9
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

It was SPECTRE
We need 006&9/10ths
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #10
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Well this is not the Gulf of Tonkin under LBJ operating in the dead of night, nor is it McKinley operating with just guesswork and William R Hearst. We have the technology.

The very fact that the notion is more than a notion on either point tells me you live in the wrong country you citizen of the world.
If you apply the reasoning in your second paragraph to all Americans, then maybe 40% to 60% of Americans live in the wrong country. If Democrats win the White House and the Senate, still perhaps 40% to 60% of Americans would belong in another country, they'd just be different Americans. I'm not knocking your logic. Unfortunately, this is a sign of the extremely partisan times we live in.

Polls of approval ratings for Trump's policies towards China, Iran and foreign affairs don't show whether Trump is right or wrong. They do show a lot of people disagree (and agree) with him:

https://www.pollingreport.com/trade.htm

https://www.pollingreport.com/iran.htm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.ac10040226c4

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1726/pr...-approval.aspx

I don't disagree with your post. The Iranians probably did attack the ships. And I don't particularly like or believe or fall in line with Democrat politicians and Trump, so maybe do live in the wrong country.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #11
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
It was SPECTRE
We need 006&9/10ths

are you getting smart?
Old 06-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #12
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
it's not an either or situation. the White House is not "America". if Trump says Iran did it, and 538 members of Congress say Saudi Arabia did, is Trump's view that of America?

I think Iran did it, same way I "knew" Osama Bin Laden masterminded 911, the moment I heard about the planes flying into the twin towers. of course, many "knew" Oklahoma City was a Muslim designed attack as well. but I feel confident, within one standard deviation, that Iran masterminded this oil ship attack, and that's good enough for me.

China? I think everyone knows they steal, plot, and disrupt.. for some reason nobody seemed to care much, for so long.. the idea that Trump does, seems to stick a few people the wrong way.. fuck them
Fuck them is right!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #13
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I was having a hard time understanding how you could like both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. I guess this is an example why.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #14
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

To me - this is just common sense. It's like going to trial for murder - they might not have the body but you can get convicted on circumstantial evidence. And they have it.
On a side note - I think common sense is a rare commodity these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post

The White House says that China is not to be trusted. They steal intellectual property, lie to the world,and commit unfair business practices. China says the US is exaggerating. Who do you side with?

Dumb ass rhetoric aside, do you support the US or tin pot dictators?
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
To me - this is just common sense. It's like going to trial for murder - they might not have the body but you can get convicted on circumstantial evidence. And they have it.
On a side note - I think common sense is a rare commodity these days.
Although "motive" is not an element of murder, the existence of a known "motive" provides a couple of bits of information to identify the "intent" of the actor and the identity of the actor.

I'm wary of alleged incidents in international waters, just as I was when the Tonkin Gulf attack hit the news .... it just didn't make sense for the NV to initiate an assault with low level gunboats against U.S. naval forces with superior fire power and air cover in international waters. 50 years later "we" learned for a fact that LBJ lied about it ... with the cover of the military.

Two distinctions, at least: 24/7 news coverage from overseas and our (and the Israelis) incredibly reliable technology focused on that part of the world. The Iranians can't fart without it being identified. It just takes a few days to download, inspect, and verify. The latter is being done now. Joe Public may never know what evidence there is to substantiate the source and/or motive. We (the general public) don't need to know details. Also, does it really matter whether they were Iranians or puppets of the Iranians doing their bidding for the Iranians. It seems to be fairly common knowledge the Iranians have plenty of surrogates in the region.

The Iranians didn't do it may be truthful, but they can have it done is also truthful. What difference does it make?
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women