Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47411
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Eric Holder: Attorney General and Perjurer

I just want to hear the statists defend this guy some more. Here he is, caught red-handed in a lie, and he STILL won't resign, and Obama WON'T fire him.

Corruption and dishonesty. Business as usual in the Obama administration. Here's the story:

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday expressing "great concern" about the possibility that Holder lied under oath during his testimony earlier this month on the Justice Department's seizing of journalists' records, CBS News has learned.

On May 15, Holder told the committee he wasn't involved in "the potential prosecution" of a member of the press under the Espionage Act for disclosing classified information. "This is not something I've ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy," he said.

WH: "Self-evident" that Holder's congressional testimony was truthful
Shortly thereafter, reports began to surface that the Justice Department, in addition to seizing telephone and email records of Associated Press reporters, had seized the the emails and phone records of Fox News correspondent James Rosen. While Holder had recused himself from the AP proceedings, the Washington Post reported that the attorney general had personally signed off on the search warrant for Rosen's records.

In the search warrant, the FBI called Rosen a "criminal co-conspirator" and suggested there's probable cause that he violated federal law. Rosen was not charged with any crime.

House Judiciary Republicans, in their letter, raise the possibility that Holder perjured himself by issuing an ironclad denial of any involvement in the investigation and potential prosecution of reporters. "The media reports and statements issued by the Department regarding the search warrants for Mr. Rosen's emails appear to be at odds with your sworn testimony before the Committee," they wrote. "We believe - and we hope you will agree - it is imperative that the Committee, the Congress and the American people be provided a full and accurate account of your involvement in and approval of these search warrants."

The White House defended Holder on Wednesday, with press secretary Jay Carney saying it was "self-evident" that Holder told the truth. "I think based on what he said, he testified truthfully," Carney said. "The attorney general talked about prosecution," he explained, while the case in question was completed with no further charges or prosecution slated.

Asked Tuesday if he regrets signing off on the warrant, Holder told reporters: "I'm not satisfied (with the Justice Department's guidelines involving the news media in criminal investigations)."

Holder in the hot seat at congressional hearing

Holder: I wasn't involved in AP secret phone probe
The leak investigation sprang from Rosen's report in 2009 that North Korea would respond to sanctions with more nuclear tests. That information was classified when Rosen reported it, leading to an FBI investigation to uncover Rosen's source that quickly shifted focus to scrutinize Rosen himself.

Agents monitored Rosen's movements in and out of the State Department. They searched his personal emails and combed through his cell phone records, an unprecedented level of government surveillance of a journalist.

Last week, President Obama, who's come under bipartisan criticism for the digging into journalists' records, said he directed Holder to conduct a review of Justice Department's guidelines for probes that involve journalists and said Holder would meet with media groups as part of that review.

Those meetings will begin on Thursday, with Holder scheduled to meet the Washington bureau chiefs of several major media organizations to chart a path forward for leak investigations that balances law enforcement and national security concerns with a respect for press freedom.

An official close to Holder told CBS News the meetings would be "forward looking," and will not include a discussion of the facts surrounding the AP subpoena and the Rosen search warrant.

On Tuesday, Holder voiced optimism about the likelihood that the meetings will result in a truce of sorts between the Justice Department and the press, which has savaged Holder's department and the rest of the Obama administration for what they see as an overzealous prosecution of security leaks.

Well, it is CBS. The problem is our corrupt AG and tyrannical President. It's the "guidelines" for violating the First Amendment.

Perjury. Plain and simple. He should be out of office, and in jail.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...older-perjury/
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I just want to hear the statists defend this guy some more. Here he is, caught red-handed in a lie, and he STILL won't resign, and Obama WON'T fire him.

Corruption and dishonesty. Business as usual in the Obama administration. Here's the story:

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday expressing "great concern" about the possibility that Holder lied under oath during his testimony earlier this month on the Justice Department's seizing of journalists' records, CBS News has learned.

On May 15, Holder told the committee he wasn't involved in "the potential prosecution" of a member of the press under the Espionage Act for disclosing classified information. "This is not something I've ever been involved in, heard of, or would think would be wise policy," he said.

WH: "Self-evident" that Holder's congressional testimony was truthful
Shortly thereafter, reports began to surface that the Justice Department, in addition to seizing telephone and email records of Associated Press reporters, had seized the the emails and phone records of Fox News correspondent James Rosen. While Holder had recused himself from the AP proceedings, the Washington Post reported that the attorney general had personally signed off on the search warrant for Rosen's records.

In the search warrant, the FBI called Rosen a "criminal co-conspirator" and suggested there's probable cause that he violated federal law. Rosen was not charged with any crime.

House Judiciary Republicans, in their letter, raise the possibility that Holder perjured himself by issuing an ironclad denial of any involvement in the investigation and potential prosecution of reporters. "The media reports and statements issued by the Department regarding the search warrants for Mr. Rosen's emails appear to be at odds with your sworn testimony before the Committee," they wrote. "We believe - and we hope you will agree - it is imperative that the Committee, the Congress and the American people be provided a full and accurate account of your involvement in and approval of these search warrants."

The White House defended Holder on Wednesday, with press secretary Jay Carney saying it was "self-evident" that Holder told the truth. "I think based on what he said, he testified truthfully," Carney said. "The attorney general talked about prosecution," he explained, while the case in question was completed with no further charges or prosecution slated.

Asked Tuesday if he regrets signing off on the warrant, Holder told reporters: "I'm not satisfied (with the Justice Department's guidelines involving the news media in criminal investigations)."

Holder in the hot seat at congressional hearing

Holder: I wasn't involved in AP secret phone probe
The leak investigation sprang from Rosen's report in 2009 that North Korea would respond to sanctions with more nuclear tests. That information was classified when Rosen reported it, leading to an FBI investigation to uncover Rosen's source that quickly shifted focus to scrutinize Rosen himself.

Agents monitored Rosen's movements in and out of the State Department. They searched his personal emails and combed through his cell phone records, an unprecedented level of government surveillance of a journalist.

Last week, President Obama, who's come under bipartisan criticism for the digging into journalists' records, said he directed Holder to conduct a review of Justice Department's guidelines for probes that involve journalists and said Holder would meet with media groups as part of that review.

Those meetings will begin on Thursday, with Holder scheduled to meet the Washington bureau chiefs of several major media organizations to chart a path forward for leak investigations that balances law enforcement and national security concerns with a respect for press freedom.

An official close to Holder told CBS News the meetings would be "forward looking," and will not include a discussion of the facts surrounding the AP subpoena and the Rosen search warrant.

On Tuesday, Holder voiced optimism about the likelihood that the meetings will result in a truce of sorts between the Justice Department and the press, which has savaged Holder's department and the rest of the Obama administration for what they see as an overzealous prosecution of security leaks.

Well, it is CBS. The problem is our corrupt AG and tyrannical President. It's the "guidelines" for violating the First Amendment.

Perjury. Plain and simple. He should be out of office, and in jail.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...older-perjury/
Holder wanted to step aside after the election. Odumbo wouldn't let Holder go. Evidently, Odumbo had reason to suspect he'd need a body to throw under the bus when the MSM took off its blinders. None of the Kool Aid sotted crowd in this forum has even attempted to defend Holder. Holder either lied to Congress, or he lied to the judges.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

you should have added "an expedient" to the title

you should have added "racist" to the title
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

you should have added who gives a shit to the title
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
you should have added who gives a shit to the title
So the people should not be concerned about possible corruption from the top law enforcement official in the country? "What does it matter"?
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Corruption is ramped in Washington You just have to pick and choose who you want to blame at any particular moment.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

This video pretty much sums it up. If it's hard to accept for a few of you, tough shit. Crime is Crime it shouldn't matter who commits it. Grow up and wise up. We aren't in the best of hands with these people.

http://youtu.be/2eRDz7VmOZs
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
So the people should not be concerned about possible corruption from the top law enforcement official in the country? "What does it matter"?
nothing better than "possible" conjecture is there?

so, IMO, people in general should let the committee hearing the case decide who is guilty of perjury, and not form their opinion based on opinions from a media source. If in fact, the committee hearing the testimony had a ligit perjury offense, they would have set the legal process in motion rather than send a letter suggesting Holder committed perjury. Unless I missed my guess, the republicans aren't real hesitant to move forward when they have solid ground under foot. and would make no bones about hammering Holder... its not like there aren't any republican lawyers in congress who would like to drive a nail in this admin's coffin ....
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
nothing better than "possible" conjecture is there?

so, IMO, people in general should let the committee hearing the case decide who is guilty of perjury, and not form their opinion based on opinions from a media source. If in fact, the committee hearing the testimony had a ligit perjury offense, they would have set the legal process in motion rather than send a letter suggesting Holder committed perjury. Unless I missed my guess, the republicans aren't real hesitant to move forward when they have solid ground under foot. and would make no bones about hammering Holder... its not like there aren't any republican lawyers in congress who would like to drive a nail in this admin's coffin ....
Holder dissembled in front of Congress. Holder claimed he never had any intention of prosecuting any journalist as a traitor, but Holder had already gone before three judges where he swore he intended to investigate and prosecute Rosen as a traitor. He can't have it both ways.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Holder dissembled in front of Congress. Holder claimed he never had any intention of prosecuting any journalist as a traitor, but Holder had already gone before three judges where he swore he intended to investigate and prosecute Rosen as a traitor. He can't have it both ways.

was Holder under oath?
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #11
JBravo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Here's all I got to say bout that.
JBravo is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Holder has now got into that classic trap. He's having trouble remembering what lie he told yesterday.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
was Holder under oath?
Yes. That you weren't cognizant of that fact beckons the question, "Why did you post as you did in this thread?"
Old 05-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Yes. That you weren't cognizant of that fact beckons the question, "Why did you post as you did in this thread?"

Like hell I wasn't cognizant of that fact, Im trying to make the point I previously mentioned..

it goes like this

until the House Judiciary Committee finds Holder guilty of perjury I don't really care what the media (story or opinion) comes up with , and feeds dumbshits like you and COF ... you and the silly shits that feed on conjecture have spun the facts and cried Wolf about everything under the sun for so long, the only audience you have left is each other ... half the country thinks youre full of shit, the other half doesn't bother to even go that far and
give you any attention..

If and when the HJC does decide, I could care less which side of the verdict Holder lands on.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Like hell I wasn't cognizant of that fact, Im trying to make the point I previously mentioned..

it goes like this

until the House Judiciary Committee finds Holder guilty of perjury I don't really care what the media (story or opinion) comes up with , and feeds dumbshits like you and COF ... you and the silly shits that feed on conjecture have spun the facts and cried Wolf about everything under the sun for so long, the only audience you have left is each other ... half the country thinks youre full of shit, the other half doesn't bother to even go that far and
give you any attention..

If and when the HJC does decide, I could care less which side of the verdict Holder lands on.
Wow - you don't care if the Attorney General of the US committed perjury?
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women