Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70489
biomed161100
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40455
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-12-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default baseball 3 player pitch

Looks like the new rule of requiring a pitcher to face at least 3 batters is going into effect.
Similar to what I have been suggesting / requesting.

So badly needed......baseball is so far behind the "curve".
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Vita, just curious about your thoughts on why this is a good rule? If it's to speed up the game... completely understand!

Baseball is a game of strategy, and sometimes I want one pitcher to face a batter and another to pitch to the next batter. This is true especially during the playoffs Requiring the pitcher to pitch to the next three batters and eliminate the strategy game.

Coaches may be Leary about putting a hard throwing young pitcher in to face one batter he feels might be a good matchup, but doesn't want him to face the next three batters.

Just my thoughts.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:22 AM   #3
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Pretty good thoughts....I agree
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:28 AM   #4
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Gotta agree with the Fiz man here, Vita. Baseball is a strategy game, and although this rule might save 5 to 10 minutes a game (whoop-eeee), it would totally change the managers' way of facing a righty-lefty type scenario.
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

If you have ever tried to watch a game where a pitcher comes in, throws 1 or 2 pitches, then mound meeting, then 1 more pitch, then manager puts in another pitcher, then wait for warm up, then maybe get 1 out, then another pitcher, then.......well, you get the idea.

That is why baseball made the new rule.....
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
Fizley
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

I get the idea of the rule change, but dont like it. Baseball will always be about strategy, and this eliminates strategy.

When I lived in San Francisco I used to go to baseball game once a week, usually day game. We used to show up for two or three hours and head back to the office. When we got back to the office the game was still ongoing in the office break room. During the regular season it's rare for me to watch a full game. Even with shaving 30 minutes off the game it still will be rare for me to watch a full game. I come home turn on the TV every evening,go thru the mail, get out my laptop and work, or any number of different chores. Baseball is wonderful as it affords the viewer the ability to complete other things and still see the highlights. With cable TV and streaming service If something happens I can run back five minutes, see the strategy,and see the play.

Come playoffs I am glued to my seat fir nine innings.

I am a strategy guy and like the aspects of different matchup. This is a change I will not like.
Fizley is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Three batters or til the end of a 1/2 inning. So managers can still bring in a pitcher to end an inning like always. Where it gets a little more interesting is bringing a pitcher in to get out of trouble early in an inning. I personally think there will be a lot of strategy because the manager will have to look past the next batter.

It'll just be a different strategy. You certainly won't see managers stretching a starter hoping he has one more inning in him when he's starting to look tired. Starter pitch counts will drop and will be strictly managed. Relievers will have to be capable of managing an inning not just a batter and that's where a new kind of strategy will come into play.

At any rate I doubt it speeds up the game much because they won't be able to pitch situationally for single outs. That's going to mean more offense and more base runners and that also lengthens a game. What MLB realizes is that it doesn't feel like it's longer when there is action going on, runners on base and runs being scored. It does feel longer when there are long delays between pitching changes and runners are being left on base.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:06 AM   #8
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
.....What MLB realizes is that it doesn't feel like it's longer when there is action going on, runners on base and runs being scored. It does feel longer when there are long delays between pitching changes and runners are being left on base.
A most excellent point. sir! I hadn't looked at that way, and I agree that pitching changes are kinda a waste of time. (Well, other than a few moments to use the binoculars to look at the hottie that sits in Section 114 at MMP)
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #9
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

As one who has coached many games, I don't like this rule change. It takes away tactics and strategy.

As one who has umpired many games, I love it. Moves the game along.

As a fan, I love it because it moves the game along and keeps my attention on the game instead of surfing channels during the many commercial breaks.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women