Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
bb1961
Valued Poster

Default Colorado decides to bypass electoral collage

Be careful what you wish for...law of unintended consequences.
https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/201...-popular-vote/
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

if this would affect a presidential election, lawsuits will fly

talk about a stupid and selfish way to destroy the republic
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
oeb11
Valued Poster

I am surprised this is not in court already
Sounds like a SC Case to me.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
Be careful what you wish for...law of unintended consequences.
https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/201...-popular-vote/
Alert: This source (The Red State) is involved in Multiple law suits due to their inability to tell the truth. They are financed by Vladimir Putin
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #5
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
I am surprised this is not in court already
Sounds like a SC Case to me.
It's strictly symbolic. It would take a Constitutional Amendment to abolish the Electoral College in favor of a popular vote for POTUS. Constitutional amendments require approval of 2/3 votes in the House and Senate, followed by ratification by 3/4 of all state legislatures. Right now less than 1/4 of all states are in favor of this idea. It has a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
It's strictly symbolic. It would take a Constitutional Amendment to abolish the Electoral College in favor of a popular vote for POTUS. Constitutional amendments require approval of 2/3 votes in the House and Senate, followed by ratification by 3/4 of all state legislatures. Right now less than 1/4 of all states are in favor of this idea. It has a snowball's chance in hell of going anywhere.
Much like most liberal schemes.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #7
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

and the question remains, exactly what do these people love about America?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:29 PM   #8
oeb11
Valued Poster

This is interesting - the Issue is not about repealing the electoral college, but by-passing it by assigning a State's electoral college votes to whichever candidate wins the Popular vote, regardless of how the State's population votes:
Colorado has become the latest state — and the first swing state — to join a group pledging to elect presidents based on who wins the national popular vote.
Eleven other states and the District of Columbia have signed onto the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, an agreement that requires those states to select their presidential electors based on who wins the most individual votes nationwide, regardless of which candidate wins in the state.

12th Amendment governs the Electoral College - but no mention of how States assign their EC voters; Text follows

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate;
The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;
The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.[a]
The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.[1]
(Note: This provision was superseded by Sections 1 and 3 of the Twentieth Amendment in 1933.)

This NPV compact is a round-about way to subvert the Constitution and EC without a Constitutional Amendment, and subvert to popular vote in a State which goes against the majority Vote.

Sounds like a Constitutional Supreme Court Case to me.
I wonder where the Conservative court challenge stands to this, if there is one, a court challenge is deserved.

And More DPST dirty tricks to subvert our Constitution as written.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #9
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

The electoral fucked up last time. They could have elected any conservative they wanted. They still put Trump in office. History books will mock them for that.

That said, It will likely be liberals filing suit if the election goes to a conservative be a use the won the popular and lost the electoral vote. It's happened twice now for liberals, the pendulum will swing the other way at some point. A republican will lose electoral vote but win the popular vote and then democrats will complain.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:46 PM   #10
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I think the electoral districts should be weighted by tax revenues collected.

A smaller district that shells out as much or more taxes as a bigger one should have a bigger voice.

I think the little guy should have a voice. I don't think the rich guy shouldn't have any and be forced to float the little guy because he was out numbered.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #11
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Whoa! I misunderstood the bill. Now I get it.

Here's the problem for the short-sided idiots who are pushing this NPV route. It dis-empowers the voters in those states that approve it. What happens if a Republican loses New York and Cali but wins the national popular vote? Betcha the Dems in those two states would be furious, especially if it cost them what would have been an Electoral College victory under normal (non-NPV) rules.

You're right - this may have to be adjudicated by SCOTUS.

The irony is while the Dems attack the EC because it gives unequal weight to voters in different states, this NPV runaround would dilute the weight of voters in states that adopt it even more!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
Bigrump2000
BANNED

Encounters: 1

No federal funding for Colorado.

Mysdick loves Putin cock
Bigrump2000 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #13
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrump2000 View Post
No federal funding for Colorado.

Mysdick loves Putin cock
I love submissive matronly Jewish Pussy. They do whatever I tell them to do. not Putin
Old 03-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #14
oeb11
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Whoa! I misunderstood the bill. Now I get it.

Here's the problem for the short-sided idiots who are pushing this NPV route. It dis-empowers the voters in those states that approve it. What happens if a Republican loses New York and Cali but wins the national popular vote? Betcha the Dems in those two states would be furious, especially if it cost them what would have been an Electoral College victory under normal (non-NPV) rules.

You're right - this may have to be adjudicated by SCOTUS.

The irony is while the Dems attack the EC because it gives unequal weight to voters in different states, this NPV runaround would dilute the weight of voters in states that adopt it even more!

Thank You, LL
It is not a bill before Congress.

It is a multistate Compact.

Needs a legal challenge before it gets out of hand.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #15
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Thank You, LL
It is not a bill before Congress.

It is a multistate Compact.

Needs a legal challenge before it gets out of hand.
Has anyone run this by Vladimir yet? As long as Trump is in there Vladimir gets the final say

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women