Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47489
pyramider46370
bambino40302
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 03-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #46
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
LOL,

Now PJ, you know I didn't post the link out of laziness.

Damn, please don't confuse me with WTF.

I gave you the link in case you wanted to verify my facts.

Come on I expect better out of a Redskin than that.
You just seem to have this problem reading what I write.

a) You and I dont have a disagreement over whether the organization you referenced was started in 1993.

b) Our disagreement is over the relevance of that TEA party organization to the broader one. You seem to think they are highly important -- me not so much. Unless I've missed it, you haven't posted anything (with or without supporting links) relevant to that point.

c) The whole discussion over links was with Bebe after she took issue with my comment that I rarely read links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe Le Strange View Post
Well I guess that means it doesn't matter what source link you put on here, (even if it does contain facts) your not going to change his mind...lol
d) I'll concede that Cincinnati Magazine is a small cut above the crap that WTF usually links.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #47
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Me thinks you got your undies in a bunch after PJ told you that you were wrong
There seems to be an epidemic of that recently.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #48
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Who says you have to smoke it?
She didn't smoke that cigar just like Clinton didn't have sex with that woman.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #49
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Well, we can argue all day about what "....it raised it's rather ugly head in the 2008 elections..." and "...I am pretty sure they gained notoriety in the Spring and Summer of 2008, not in the fall and winter" both mean, but i think my interpretation was entirely reasonable.
Perhaps reasonable, but erroneous. As the person who wrote it, i think i have the handle on what was meant by it?

So moving on and getting back to the real question i wanted to discuss:

Is the Tea Party as it as evolved today, relevant? Will they have impact on elections and policy? Will they become something more nefarious if the manipulation I think is going on, continues to occur? Remember those guys in brown shirts in Italy and Gemany were often laughed at early on.

True evil is insidious and often seems innocuous, but that helps it spread.

I am not calling Tea Baggers Nazi's, I am just pointing out that as this movement evolved from homespun politics and clever and amusing protests into something more rude and ugly (hence the Abbie Huffman allusion) there could be repercussions down the road. They seem basically harmless, but will they remain that way?

We have already seen some violence and chaos at their more recent protests. I think the author I quoted was making an interesting point about the interesting irony that they claim to be about wholesome values, but aren't afraid to use some pretty heinous tactics to get that Norman Rockwell existence.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #50
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

dbl
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #51
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
I rarely read articles linked here. I've laughed at WTF's nutty links for years -- why do you think yours would be better received? If you can't make a point convincingly in your own well chosen words, why would I waste my time reading some long article -- particularly one from such an authoritative source as the Cincinnati Magazine.

).
That is all anyone does here.

Do you actually believe that I believe that you haven't just read and regurgitated information. That you are some information Mecca savant where info only you know just gravitates for you to garners?

We all like to disperse information differently, I prefer one way , you prefer another. Not sure that makes either one better than the other but it does explain why we often ignore what the other has posted. haha
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #52
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatdaty View Post
I think the author I quoted was making an interesting point about the interesting irony that they claim to be about wholesome values, but aren't afraid to use some pretty heinous tactics to get that Norman Rockwell existence.

I think history is splattered with this type of DNA. I have no problem with the Ron Paul faction....it is the other larger part that will be co-opted by the GOP that will be a force to reckoned with. The problem with the Tea Party is that they think they are rightious....and you know how bloody the rightious can be. They do no understand that they really only want to selective cut government...that is just another political movement. If they ever understood that then they might not be so rightious.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:00 PM   #53
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Do you actually believe that I believe that you haven't just read and regurgitated information.
There is a difference between regurgitating and digesting information. If nothing else, they come out in different directions.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #54
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I think history is splattered with this type of DNA. I have no problem with the Ron Paul faction....it is the other larger part that will be co-opted by the GOP that will be a force to reckoned with. The problem with the Tea Party is that they think they are rightious....and you know how bloody the rightious can be. They do no understand that they really only want to selective cut government...that is just another political movement. If they ever understood that then they might not be so rightious.
Very good point. Sadly, they will probably misquote Jefferson about the refreshing of the liberty tree as they wash their bloody hands in their Kohler Designer Sinks.
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #55
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
There seems to be an epidemic of that recently.
Not from me....at least not since you made a good faith effort to warm my heart's cockles.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #56
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Not from me....at least not since you made a good faith effort to warm my heart's cockles.
Now just a damn minute! I don't swing that way.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #57
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

you two get a room
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #58
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Hey that line is tm by me, and I only gave Ansley permission to use it lol
discreetgent is offline   Quote