Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Question locally owned, does it matter to you?

I try to support locally owned businesses. I especially try to avoid chain restaurants and keep my money local at mom and pop places. I try to shop locally too and do not internet shop. I really try hard to spend all my money locally. do you do that too or do not care much about this issue? If we want to keep Austin weird, we need to support our local businesses is my belief. what do you think?
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
Nikki Famme
Account Disabled

User ID: 425742
My ECCIE Reviews

I do. I try to keep it local as much as possible. I always thought this was something ingrained in us Austinites?
Nikki Famme is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Yes. Keep Austin Weird.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Think global, shop local is a good mantra, imo. But, what is happening with a very high frequency is that the locals are going out of business due to high rent, high taxes and what all. It sickens and angers me that too many of the local and neighborhood businesses are quitting. Even a guy like Ernie's welding who owns his land his shop is on in concerned about having to close down his shop and move due to high taxes. Along Burnet Road where one apartment building after another is going up, the burden on small, local businesses keeps increasing. Soon, I fear, we will have nothing but franchise places in the neighborhoods.
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 117

I never see a girl who has been pimped out of another city. I like mine locally owned.
Cap'n Crunch is online now   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

that's not funny crunchy. women are not owned and pimps are not funny fodder. thanks for trying to be funny tho.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
Cap'n Crunch
Living in a Cereal World

Encounters: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_nami View Post
that's not funny crunchy. women are not owned and pimps are not funny fodder.
Many things are funny if one chills out and doesn't take life so seriously. Laughter is the best medicine and no amounts forbidden topic will convince me otherwise! Yes, the vast, vast majority of sex workers are not "owned". But there are those who are. Certainly not in the sense that anyone has a deed or some other written proof of purchase. Though that would come in handy.

Oh, and I think pimps are funny fodder!

What do you call an Alabama farmer with a sheep under each arm?

A pimp.

Cap'n Crunch is online now   Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #8
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

well as these board so aptly proves, lots of folks think misogynistic and racist jokes are funny. I do not. that "locally owned women" joke is a prime example. not funny.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:49 PM   #9
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

now back the topic at hand. I support locally owned businesses, especially restaurants and bars. Those chain places are so boring and predictable. when ever someone wants to go out to see local flavors, I have a long list of local places to impress an out of town guest. they can eat at chills at home.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:37 PM   #10
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

You are correct! Laughter is the best medicine. But didn't you know you can't make jokes about women? That is verboten you know. But pimps are fair game..lol
As far as locally owned or a chain - I patronize both. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Many things are funny if one chills out and doesn't take life so seriously. Laughter is the best medicine and no amounts forbidden topic will convince me otherwise! Yes, the vast, vast majority of sex workers are not "owned". But there are those who are. Certainly not in the sense that anyone has a deed or some other written proof of purchase. Though that would come in handy.

A pimp.

Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #11
Phat3lvis
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Locally owned only means something when its an equal or better choice. Given a choice, I will go to Upper-Crust bakery over Starbucks any day.

Same choice different service, I will shop Home Depot over Breed and Company any day. Chain stores employ locals, stimulate commerce, and provide great service.

If you want to keep Austin Weird, then we need to quit passing laws that raise our property taxes and quit passing ordinances that make building here so expensive.
Phat3lvis is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #12
Chief62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Many chains are locally owned too. All have local employees. That being said, I love supporting a Mom & POP that excels at what they do.
Chief62 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:31 AM   #13
Kickrocks
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post

A pimp.

Kickrocks is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women