Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Small business concepts
MALE -Yes many providers could use these 9 75.00%
MALE -No most providers do these already 0 0%
MALE -they do not fit the " small business" here 1 8.33%
MALE -no opinion 0 0%
FEMALE -Yes there are ideas I could use 0 0%
FEMALE -No I already do of or most of this 2 16.67%
FEMALE -they do not fit the " small business" here 0 0%
FEMALE -no opinion 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
ss4699
Ambassador

Encounters: 27
Default Running your own small business? Do these help?

Eight Tips on Starting a Business
For young people frustrated by the job market, entrepreneurship remains a tempting opportunity to fashion a career on their own terms. However, for novice entrepreneurs, just starting the business may be the most difficult part. We've talked with several entrepreneurship experts, who offer these tips for improving your odds of success:
Quote:
1. Only do it if you're passionate.
"Don't start unless you're passionate about the idea," says Chip Manning, director of the Babson Center for Global Commerce at Sewanee: The University of the South in Sewanee, Tenn. "If you want to be successful and break out of the pack, expect that your work will consume your life."
In addition to "passion," Manning suggests a few other "P" words to live by: "purpose," "perseverance" and "patience."

"Your business needs purpose, to know why it was started and for what markets and customers it exists," he explains. "You need perseverance, because you will fail more than you succeed. Finally, have patience. While many entrepreneurs want to be the next Zuckerberg, he is the exception to the rule. Col. Sanders didn't make it big till he was in his 60s. Most entrepreneurs are on the 'get-rich-slow' path."

2. Start with a business plan.
"Everything should start with a business plan," says Rick Scott, assistant professor of finance at Saint Leo University in Saint Leo, Fla. "If the entrepreneur cannot clearly state in such a plan how the business will become profitable, it probably won't. A business plan is required by almost all lenders or potential outside investors."

In addition to providing a means of accessing outside resources, a business plan can help solidify the business concept for the entrepreneur. "The entrepreneur should not only think about what will happen if things work out favorably," Scott stresses. "He or she should attempt to think of everything that could possibly go wrong and plan how to meet those challenges if they arise."

3. Go to trusted friends and institutions for help.
"Seek out help and advice from successful entrepreneurs, professors, family and friends," says Jim McKeon, who teaches entrepreneurship at Western England University in Springfield, Mass. McKeon emphasizes that help may come in many forms, including cash. "Enter competitions for entrepreneurs. Some of them carry monetary prizes; all of them present networking opportunities."

When seeking outside assistance, it always helps to demonstrate the competency and potential of your business. "Nothing impresses bankers and investors more than making sales," says McKeon. Finally, don't forget to get some help from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. "Apply for a provisional patent application, which protects your idea for one year and is not difficult or expensive to obtain. When it comes time to file for a long-term patent, contact only experienced patent attorneys. They are expensive but worth the money, and some will waive their fees for company stock."

4. Know your market.
There's no time like the present for conducting thorough market research, according to Leann Mischel, assistant professor of management at Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, Pa. "Don't assume that if you build it, they will come," says Mischel. "It is much more difficult to get a product or service out there than you think, and now matter how great the product is, market research and the right marketing are both extremely important."

Market research will help you avoid squandering precious funds on risky endeavors or a trial-and-error methodology. "Assume your costs will be three times as much as you think they'll be," says Mischel. "It's very expensive to launch a new product or service, and we always underestimate how much it will cost and how long it will take."

5. Be cautious and conservative in your spending.
In the early, lean days of your business, every penny counts -- try to stretch your dollar as far as possible. "Be conscious of fulfilling your company's needs, and don't waste money on wants," advises Tim Krulia, president of My Headquarters Pro, LLC. "When contracting services from other vendors, if you only need the services included in the 'bronze-level' package, don't get talked into the 'gold-level' package at a hiked-up price."

Krulia also suggests negotiating with vendors to keep costs down. "When deciding between a more expensive vendor with superior quality and a cheaper vendor with unfavorable quality, use the lower-priced option as leverage to get the higher-quality vendor to lower their price," he says. Finally, take advantage of 30-day free trials whenever you can. "It's great to use a vendor's service before committing any money to it. Even if you already know you want to hire the service, you still get the first month for free."
6. Work hard and listen closely.
"An entrepreneur works about twice as hard as any regular employee for at least the first five years," says David Rudd, professor of business administration at Lebanon Valley College in Annville, Pa. "You're fighting for the resources you need and the market position you desire all the time."

One way to push ahead in the fight is to listen closely to others, especially to dissenting opinions. "Listen to your potential customers when they talk about your product," says Rudd. "It takes a great deal of discipline not to shut out the less complimentary commentary." At the same time, time is tight, and entrepreneurs should avoid narcissistic perfectionism. "Avoid becoming that inventor who is always tinkering with the idea to get it perfect. Get the best execution you can on the market, and then improve on it continually."

7. Maintain your integrity.
In a world where the public has suffered widespread financial hardship as a result of corporate fraud and corruption, it's more crucial than ever that business leaders remain mindful of the impact of their actions. "Maintain your integrity," says Steve VanderVeen, director of the Center for Faithful Leadership at Hope College in Holland, Mich. In addition to its self-evident superiority, the ethical path also makes for a great business strategy. "At the end of the day, the public invests in competence and people of character."

Integrity in entrepreneurship doesn't end when you leave the office, either. "Listen to your spouse," VanderVeen exhorts. "Don't sacrifice your family for your business."
Ethical behavior also fosters kindness and gratitude in interpersonal relationships, both of which will help your business grow. "Say 'thank you' in meaningful ways," says VanderVeen. "Keep listening and learning."

8. Anticipate conflict and personal fallout.
Finally, some bleak but perhaps prescient words of wisdom from Jeff Langenderfer, professor of business at Meredith College in Raleigh, N.C.:

"Expect conflict. When business partnerships are formed, partners often take shortcuts in the planning documents that govern their relationship. They fail to anticipate that the relationship is likely to break down eventually. Though there are many examples of successful, long-term partnerships that are free of major conflict, they are the exception rather than the rule. This is true whether or not the underlying business is successful. When the business is successful, most people have a myopic view of the spoils, leading to dissolution, often with litigation --think Facebook. When the business is unsuccessful, there are often recriminations regarding what went wrong, often with litigation -- think Enron.

"My advice is to really carefully talk through, in advance, about what will happen in the event of a breakup and how things should be handled. Use the outcome of your discussion as the framework of your partnership agreement. You'll probably need it later."
So ladies - any ideas here you could adapt to your small business? Gents what do you think?
ss4699 is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
CaptainOveur
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I have operated several small businesses over the last 18 years and have two in operation currently. We all have competition, and in most cases it is customer service that makes the difference on who a customer chooses to shop with. There are three opportunities to provide customer service: before the sale, during the buying process, and after the sale.

My observations of the dozen or so ladies I've met is there is a wide variance in customer service, and the average level is, well, not great in my opinion.

If I was a provider, I could be in the local top ten in a relatively short amount of time. If someone was paying me $200 an hour I would be very intent on giving them the very best experience possible, while making a reasonable profit for my time and effort.

And what happens after you do that for a while? You get an established customer base and you can raise your rate, grandfathering the customers who helped you get there of course.

Any girl can offer three holes, two hands and a pair of breasts. It's what you do above and beyond that which differentiates you from the competition. And the competition is relentless: the "visiting" girls, the new-to-the-business girls, the coming-out-of-retirement girls. They are all after your money. What are you going to do to maintain your market share, or increase it?

Consider how you like to be treated and what treatment makes you feel you're "special". Try incorporating those features into your dates. Here are few suggestions.

When setting up the date ask your customer if he has any special requests for drinks, nibbles, clothing, music, etc. Yes, it takes effort to follow through on this stuff, but wouldn't it make you feel like a valued customer?

When the physical part of the session is completed, don't pop off the bed like a coiled spring. Let the customer enjoy your presence while they transition from ecstasy to reality. It's a rough world out there; you are the few minutes of pleasure they get to make it through the week.

Bring a warm, damp washcloth to freshen your customer up. Start with their lips and fingers (you know where they've been) and then attend to the other play areas.

These are just a few ways to enhance the level of service you provide and make yourself stand out from the competition.

I am available for private consultations if any of the ladies would like more ideas on how to improve their competitive position in the market.

And guys, treat the ladies well. I'm sure they have their suggestions for us too. Right Monique?
CaptainOveur is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

One would think that having a professional attitude - responding to emails and PMs in a timely manner, being on time - the FIRST time agreed to as opposed to "I know we said noon, but can you wait til 12:30" followed by "Can I push you to 2 pm hon?", never NCNS'ing, and only cancelling on rare occasions with a genuine reason, never telling hard luck stories and asking for a 'little help' (or mentoring as the case may be), always being prepared, freshly groomed, and showered, and so on would make one more competitive. God knows, this board gives plenty of lip service to how important professionalism is and how sought after it is.

My experience though? It is mostly that - lip service. In the real world, guys are all too often willing to be manipulated, pushed around, and flaked on if the girl in question is sufficiently talented at polishing their knob. And as long as that continues to be true, the unprofessional behavior will continue.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
CaptainOveur
Valued Poster

Quote:
One would think that having a professional attitude - responding to emails and PMs in a timely manner, being on time - the FIRST time agreed to as opposed to "I know we said noon, but can you wait til 12:30" followed by "Can I push you to 2 pm hon?", never NCNS'ing, and only cancelling on rare occasions with a genuine reason, never telling hard luck stories and asking for a 'little help' (or mentoring as the case may be), always being prepared, freshly groomed, and showered, and so on would make one more competitive.
Stacy, do you find that is not the case? If so, we may need to do some consulting to fine tune your marketing message.

I've encountered every one of the behaviors you mention except the "asking for help", most more than once. Everybody gets a second chance, but only one second chance.

Quote:
In the real world, guys are all too often willing to be manipulated, pushed around, and flaked on if the girl in question is sufficiently talented at polishing their knob.
Are they willing, or are they trained to act that way? We are very simple creatures; stimulus gets a response.

Due to the nature of the hobby, I suspect most guys start out with low $ girls who treat them as you describe and don't adjust their expectations as they move up. Perhaps we should offer a class: Hobbying 101?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
guest010313
Account Disabled

User ID: 48112
My ECCIE Reviews

I would like to say that I very much disagree with the idea that new or traveling ladies are "after my money." While there can definitely be friction, there is no need to feed this notion that we are all jealous cutthroats (especially in a thread about good small business practices).
guest010313 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
ss4699
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely_Lilianna View Post
I would like to say that I very much disagree with the idea that new or traveling ladies are "after my money." While there can definitely be friction, there is no need to feed this notion that we are all jealous cutthroats (especially in a thread about good small business practices).
LL - you are speaking for yourself and I am sure that is true. But may providers have different views as you have shared. As rate go higher and many have the pressure can grow since that reduces the number of times hobbyist can enjoy the company of a lady either local or visiting, supply and demand with higher rates put on a lot of pressure on both sides on the line. And I am sure you and others realize this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOveur View Post
Stacy, do you find that is not....I suspect most guys start out with low $ girls who treat them as you describe and don't adjust their expectations as they move up. Perhaps we should offer a class: Hobbying 101?
Captain, Stacy has a bit of sarcasm in her soul. You will need to allow for that. She is one of the most dependable in the city. Wise and capable, a special lady who understands market and supply and so many other concepts. Top 2 of the ladies I have been able to see on many ocassions.

Back to supply and demand then. If I visit a lady and have as much fun for 1 or 1.5 as opposed to 2.5 or 3, what does supply and demand tell me?

I will admit we are a little of topic here so back to the concept. Would a good business model help providers do a better job?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
LoveWomen
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66
Default Microeconomics 101: Lack of Barriers to Entry

Many small businesses fail even with the very best customer service because they are overwhelmed by the tide of economic and technological change.

In the hobby, lack of barriers to entry (no education, certification, experience, capital, nor equipment are required, hell, a streetwalker doesn't even need a cell phone or motel room) mean that there are always new competitors entering your market.

This marketplace also thrives on the freshest, most interesting new product.

Example, if a hundred hobbyists were on a deserted island, and one provider washed ashore, she would be a well-fed Queen.

But if the next month, two hundred more providers washed ashore, bitches would be killing and eating each other...
LoveWomen is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
CaptainOveur
Valued Poster

Quote:
I would like to say that I very much disagree with the idea that new or traveling ladies are "after my money."
Perhaps that was a poor phrase to use in this context.

Look at it this way: there are X number of girls providing, and Y number of guys looking. Assuming each guy has a fixed amount of money to spend at any moment (which may not be true), there are limited resources (cash) available to pay for services.

Looking at P411, there are maybe 60 girls listed for KC, excluding the visitors (I know there are more with BP and ECCIE but this makes the numbers easier). I have no idea how many guys are looking at any given time, but let's say it is 600. If there were an equal distribution each girl would get 10 guys.

Add 12 visiting ladies to mix (which seems to be about average), and now each lady gets 8 guys.

So, regardless of their intent, visiting ladies alter the economic balance, unless they offset that by bringing additional guys into the equation.

My original point was that our local ladies could upgrade their amenities to develop and maintain brand loyalty. It might be odd to look at it that way, but each lady is her own brand. Just think about it: Lovely_Lilianna, SinsOfTheFlesh, even CaptainOveur are all brand names; they could be trademarked and/or registered. We each choose our "handle" for some purpose, and presumably our providers choose with at least a passing thought to attracting business.

Quote:
While there can definitely be friction, there is no need to feed this notion that we are all jealous cutthroats
And it was not my intention to infer that. But you are in a competitive business, and sales volume keeps you in business. I want all our local ladies to be successful because I am a consumer of their product. Those that show they will work to keep me as a repeat customer will be rewarded; those that don't will be passed by. And that's business.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
LoveWomen
Valued Poster

Default Microeconomics 101 Lesson: Asymmetric Information

The small business model shown by the OP works best for the businessperson when there is an asymmetry of information about goods, service, and pricing.

For example, a provider can do quite well following that model when she is the only one that can tell all the clients in her small town that CBJ's are $200/hr. Her clients are happy, not having access to any other information. She is making a very comfortable living...

But her small business model falls apart when the hobbyist's city cousin comes to visit and tells what the girls in the city do and charge...

The backpage newspaper ad, the cell phone, and now the internet have blown the lid off the profitability of the small business model.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
LoveWomen
Valued Poster

Default Microeconomics 101: Providing is not a Business, it is Labor.

The small business model does not apply to providing.

A more accurate model is the marketplace for labor.

For example, one may be a good landscaper, works hard, cuts grass, plants bushes, etc. One may wish to develop a business as a landscaper through service and reliability.

But as long as a buyer can go in the Home Depot parking lot and hire a new (illegal) landscaper, give her two minutes of instruction on which end of the shovel to dig with, and pay the prevailing "minimum" wage, the small business model does not really apply.

Being a market participant, it is in my economic self-interest, (as it should be for all hobbyists), to find, develop, encourage and share information about new, fresh entrants into this marketplace for labor.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
Guest041713
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

(I read this over before I sent it and I'm not happy with the tone. It's not meant to be harsh or disrespectful.)

First, Captain, your advice fails because your assuming that providers are commodities and that "x" (no matter who does it) is worth "y."

Also, markets expand and contract all the time. It's not zero-sum.

Lastly, I suspect there are a few providers who could give better advice here instead of the other way around. And they should charge for that too. Anything given for free isn't worth the time it takes to read it or hear it.
Guest041713 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
ss4699
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by style1913 View Post
...Lastly, I suspect there are a few providers who could give better advice here instead of the other way around. And they should charge for that too. Anything given for free isn't worth the time it takes to read it or hear it.
Oddly enough style...only guys have responded to the poll....
Old 08-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
Guest041713
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Newtotown,

Perhaps because they find the topic not worth their time or they are not inclined to give away anything of value for free.

After all, I don't think its the women wanting advice here. It's the men offering help where none was requested.
Guest041713 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by style1913 View Post
Newtotown,

Perhaps because they find the topic not worth their time or they are not inclined to give away anything of value for free.

After all, I don't think its the women wanting advice here. It's the men offering help where none was requested.
Newtotown, don't take this the wrong way, 'cause I mean no flame....but I think this quote hits it out of the ballpark
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
ss4699
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkmaster View Post
Newtotown, don't take this the wrong way, 'cause I mean no flame....but I think this quote hits it out of the ballpark
Not a problem VK. We don't flame on each other. It was a question and made positive comments. Style did the same. It seemed like good information share. I did the poll seperately so ladies did not have to post just click.

MALE -Yes many providers could use these 888.89%MALE -No most providers do these already 00%MALE -they do not fit the " small business" here 111.11%MALE -no opinion 00%FEMALE -Yes there are ideas I could use 00%FEMALE -No I already do of or most of this 00%FEMALE -they do not fit the " small business" here 00%FEMALE -no opinion 00%Voters: 9.