Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452907
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 09-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #46
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I had some problems with my Dell, but had no problems using a MAC. I went and did some research. It looks like two jackasses (or the same jackass twice under separate IDs) posted false malware alerts on 9/13 and 9/14 to both Google and Mozilla Security Support so that if you have standard settings with your browser, anything with ECCIE.NET in the address redirects you to the warning page.

As noted above, it is an easy fix to go into your browser settings and either ignore all warning protocols, or if you go to advance type in this site in your exception list and keep your protocols at higher security.

Whether they did this to hawk their own malware software products (note when you choose to ignore the warning by clicking that icon it sends you to a Google ads for various malware and firewall software that you can purchase) or if they are disgruntled members that decided to screw with the site remains to be seen.

I say we find out who did it and then string them up by their thumbs and let Fancy spin kick them in her heels.

ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #47
VeronicaAtl
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35883
My ECCIE Reviews

Nshore-What are you talking about??

You think CL got hit with a Virus? Is why they closed adult section-well, moved it actually.

Am I misreading your post?

The sites been fine for me all day-few hiccups last night-wouldn't fully load-or loaded with errors.

But, I JUST Upgraded and re-licsensed my AVG for 2 more years and not a prob at all.

Why is everybody Freaking out??
VeronicaAtl is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #48
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
Yep, having the same problem with my Firefox, and about had heart failure as I thought my computer had been invaded. I had pm's to answer and while I could ignore the "attack alert" and read them, wouldn't let me answer them, or post at all. SOOO frustrating, as I can't seem to change the Firefox settings. Had to go through Internet Explorer, which I hate, but no problem there. Help! I'm totally confused, aka technically inept. Any way ECCIE can get this site reviewed and approved per the Google/Firefox warning?
I use Firefox 3.5.13 and making the following setting change worked for me...
  1. Click on Tools
  2. Click on Options
  3. Click on Security at the top
  4. Clear the Block reported attack sites check box
  5. Click on OK

I would also suggest that you change this setting before logging in to ECCIE and then change it back after you log out.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #49
rCoder
Clit Explorer

Encounters: 6

Is anyone else concerned that the web browsers (at least firefox) are now feeding every request thru a clearing house (stopbadware.org)? Even in "private browsing" mode?

Personally I like all the "badware" out there. It keeps me employed and I find it amusing watching the confused expressions of windows users who complain about malware when I tell them to just install and use iptables...
rCoder is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #50
Paven
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3790
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Will these steps work for Windows 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
  1. Click on Tools
  2. Click on Options
  5. Click on OK
I would also suggest that you change this setting before logging in to ECCIE and then change it back after you log out.
I'm at a loss with this sort of thing, any advice is appreciated.
I've been on Internet Explorer all day that's the only way to keep
the eccie page clear from the Attack Page that shows up on Firefox.
Paven is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:20 AM   #51
Zoiey
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 14309
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

With firefox im having the same problem so when i go to eccie i have to go to internet explorer that is the only way
Zoiey is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #52
flinde
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Mokoa,

RCoder is absolutely correct above. Unchecking the block reported attack sites in the firefox/tools/privacy tab leaves casual windows users vulnerable to any malicious attack, including rerouting of all routing requests thru stopbadware.org, which is still happening, as of this morning.

I changed my firefox 3.6.10 security settings this morning to pop onto the site. I been coding for 35 years, and I quickly dealt with the re-routing, but not before I lost 30 minutes of work this morning. Work due in Guangzhou in 11 hours that I am gonna miss football to re-do.

Casual users aren't going to be jumping into reg.edit and are probably gonna be paying someone to get rid of the malware let in by the uncheck block reported attack sites recommendation. I read in another thread here of a gal in Oklahoma paying $175 to get rid of the malware.

Till the problem remedied - maybe even a restore/ data loss and the VBB upgrade suggested by the guy you were wrestling with yesterday, (who didnt seem to me to be threatening anyone), telling people to disable firefox security settings to play on the site still re-directing thru topbadware.org is, long term, very damaging to the site.

People following that advice are likely gonna get the malware, pay to fix their computers, (like the gal yesterday in Oklahoma) and never come near this site again. I dont want that to happen. I like this site, loved the way owners were running it four, five months ago, and still like and use the site as my resource.

The "Its being handled, been handled dont threaten us" directed at the nerds and coders offering input seems a little creepy to me, tell you the truth. My opinion, its going to contribute to, not mitigate the damage done to ECCIE's reputation (that's not a threat, by the way, just a personal observation).
flinde is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #53
ANONONE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinde View Post
Mokoa,

RCoder is absolutely correct above. Unchecking the block reported attack sites in the firefox/tools/privacy tab leaves casual windows users vulnerable to any malicious attack, including rerouting of all routing requests thru stopbadware.org, which is still happening, as of this morning.

I changed my firefox 3.6.10 security settings this morning to pop onto the site. I been coding for 35 years, and I quickly dealt with the re-routing, but not before I lost 30 minutes of work this morning. Work due in Guangzhou in 11 hours that I am gonna miss football to re-do.

Casual users aren't going to be jumping into reg.edit and are probably gonna be paying someone to get rid of the malware let in by the uncheck block reported attack sites recommendation. I read in another thread here of a gal in Oklahoma paying $175 to get rid of the malware.

Till the problem remedied - maybe even a restore/ data loss and the VBB upgrade suggested by the guy you were wrestling with yesterday, (who didnt seem to me to be threatening anyone), telling people to disable firefox security settings to play on the site still re-directing thru topbadware.org is, long term, very damaging to the site.

People following that advice are likely gonna get the malware, pay to fix their computers, (like the gal yesterday in Oklahoma) and never come near this site again. I dont want that to happen. I like this site, loved the way owners were running it four, five months ago, and still like and use the site as my resource.

The "Its being handled, been handled dont threaten us" directed at the nerds and coders offering input seems a little creepy to me, tell you the truth. My opinion, its going to contribute to, not mitigate the damage done to ECCIE's reputation (that's not a threat, by the way, just a personal observation).
Those are good points, but I can't help but to wonder if that same person was the cause of this issue. It would not be the first time a "white hat" created a scare, just to sell their own firewall software. That is a fairly common tactic in software marketing--create a need and then charge money to fix it or at least assuage the paranoia that they in fact created in the first place. I still think the alerts posted to Mozilla and Google seem to be a bit too close to that gentleman's join date. I can't help but to wonder if the Google Ad Page redirects us to a product he either sells, or a company he works for.

I still think this is nothing more than gorilla marketing.

Coincidence or causation?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #54
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoa View Post
  1. Click on Tools
  2. Click on Options
  5. Click on OK
Thank you, darlin. I also tried, as another poster suggested, to add ECCIE as an exception, but that doesn't seem to be an option under my advanced tools tab. I can either turn off the block attact sites warning, like you said, or not. I'm popping off and on ECCIE constantly during a normal day, so this is going to be such a pain every single time, pout.
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #55
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
I say we find out who did it and then string them up by their thumbs and let Fancy spin kick them in her heels.

I have over 100 pairs of heels. I can do some major damage.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #56
GneissGuy
Thank God it's Firday!

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
I had some problems with my Dell, but had no problems using a MAC. I went and did some research. It looks like two jackasses (or the same jackass twice under separate IDs) posted false malware alerts on 9/13 and 9/14 to both Google and Mozilla Security Support so that if you have standard settings with your browser, anything with ECCIE.NET in the address redirects you to the warning page.
I don't think the malware alerts were false. There actually was something bad on the site or in sites linked by it. I believe Google and Mozilla verify reports before blacklisting a site. Google's warning shows that it actually scanned the site and found stuff.

Now it's possible that someone maliciously reported the problems to get us blacklisted, but I think the problems were real.

Hopefully, the staff will get the problem cleared up, including getting off the blacklists, and tell us the details soon.

Don't get too cocky if your OS didn't report a problem. There are security holes in everything. Especially with "universal" tools like Adobe Flash. There may not be as many holes or as many people out there attacking your OS, but there is still a risk.

For those switching to Internet Explorer from Firefox: Don't assume Internet Explorer is better. In this case, Firefox is like a house with a smoke detector vs. the IE house with no smoke detector. If you've decided it's safe to surf ECCIE now, you can easily turn the "smoke detector" off in Firefox, but I'd suggest you turn it back on as soon as possible.
GneissGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #57
lucky21a
Premium Access

Come on dudes If the owners where not so cheap they would pay to clean the servers. and Upgrage the software. What does it cot 500 buck for the new version. They are using a version that its 3 to 4 generations old. Pathetic. Just plain pathetic.

IF they, as soon as they made 500 buck, had just BOUGHT the new version and done the upgrade then They wouldn't be suffering this embarassment and Public Humiliation now. Simple. Plain. Logic.

Greed

Fucked them....
lucky21a is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #58
ANONONE
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky21a View Post
Come on dudes If the owners where not so cheap they would pay to clean the servers. and Upgrage the software. What does it cot 500 buck for the new version. They are using a version that its 3 to 4 generations old. Pathetic. Just plain pathetic.

IF they, as soon as they made 500 buck, had just BOUGHT the new version and done the upgrade then They wouldn't be suffering this embarassment and Public Humiliation now. Simple. Plain. Logic.

Greed

Fucked them....
Speaking of cheap. . .do you contribute to the site by purchasing Premium Access or adding to the content with something other than bitching and moaning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GneissGuy View Post
I don't think the malware alerts were false. There actually was something bad on the site or in sites linked by it. I believe Google and Mozilla verify reports before blacklisting a site. Google's warning shows that it actually scanned the site and found stuff.

Now it's possible that someone maliciously reported the problems to get us blacklisted, but I think the problems were real. . . For those switching to Internet Explorer from Firefox: Don't assume Internet Explorer is better. In this case, Firefox is like a house with a smoke detector vs. the IE house with no smoke detector. . ."
Gneiss, I will defer to your knowledge and experience (that was a great simile by the way). It just seems like this incident coincided with a flood of recent malcontents on the board. It seems like this would be the perfect way to lash out against ECCIE if somebody had an ax to grind or a great way to make money if some programming opportunist wanted to take advantage of the traffic by scaring people into buying their malware protection off Google Ads, or even worse, perhaps both.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #59
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky21a View Post

Greed

Fucked them....
Wow. What a negative attitude. Bad stuff happens everywhere, these days, and best to handle it with grace and patience. Any other response just demeans us.

I'm sure that positive suggestions are welcomed, but when surrounded by an insult they probably get ignored. Perhaps if you're so unhappy with the imperfections of this site, so "embarrassed," you ought to entertain yourself on another one without so many flaws that upset you. Let us know when you find it.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #60
dddd1135
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default mac firefox

Firefox 3.6.10 Mac OS 10.6 still requires preference blocking attack sites to be disabled before successful login. 12:10 CPT 9/19
dddd1135 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women