Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
bentley_banks
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 12273
My ECCIE Reviews
Default SOMEONE USING YOUR PHONE NUMBER TO PRETEND TO BE YOU?

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but I'm going to note this here as I feel it's a situation that needs to be addressed...

I am based in Dallas but visiting Houston, and to make a long story short, was asleep until 2pm today and woke up to a text from an (832) number saying, "Not to be rude lol but how did you get my number I'm very cautious about that and utr" Not sure if this was a number that had called me before and that I had called/texted back, I responded "Missed call I believe. Not sure babe." Assuming it was a gentleman who wanted to see me, I said "Let me find out for sure and check and see if I have a missed call or recent text msgs to/from this number" They responded "okay" So I check and see if I had previously contacted the number, and strangely enough, I hadn't! No phone call, no text messages, no NOTHING! So I text the number back and say "I'm not sure what that's about but I haven't sent or received anything from this number and don't know how I got it?" And they said "Huh, that's weird, who's the guy?" By this point, I'm confused thinking I'm halfway delusional from sleep still like What is going on?! So I say "What guy?" And they respond with " The guy who wants to have the session?" Me- "What are you talking about? I've been asleep and haven't talked to anyone nor do I have this number?" And they respond with "you said one of your regulars wants to do a double, who is he?" Okay, so at this point I call the number and it was a local Houston provider by the name of Jemma and she is just as confused as I am! She said since she has another phone she would take a picture of the message that came from MY phone number! And she DID! The initial text from MY phone number on her phone that WAS NOT FROM ME was "Hey Jemma. This is Bentley Banks from ECCIE. One of my regulars asked if he could do a double with you and me. Would you be open to it?" It was an actual conversation from MY phone number thru text, and the interesting part is that HER number is NOT POSTED ANYWHERE AND WEVE NEVER SPOKEN BEFORE! I travelled alone to Houston this time so I know no one had my phone and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them? She and I have never spoken before nor crossed paths and just felt it was alittle weird since she doesn't give out her number until after screening and the fact that I had my phone and there was no one else using it but me? Should I get a new phone number? Don't know if that new Google stuff online with the phones makes it possible to send texts from another number but I thought that this is definitely a situation that all providers and clients needed to be made aware of as if someone can fake a text we've got some serious problems!Not like you should be texting anyways, but sometimes its just easier...Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
*Mods- if this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry and you're more than welcome to move*

Thanks to everyone in advance for your suggestions
Bentley
bentley_banks is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

It is possible to send a text from certain sites on the web and fake the originating phone #.

Google phone #'s work like this:
1) you request a number in whatever area code you like
2) you get the email with the info as to how to set it up.
3) set up involves telling Google what cell # to forward calls to.
4) Google then sends a TEXT code to the number you gave it and you have to enter that into a field on the web to confirm.

But there are sites out there where you can put in someone else's phone # as the sender of a text.

How do I know about such things? Lets just say I wear the black hat and the white hat.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #3
Ashleykay
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 53889
My ECCIE Reviews
Lightbulb It's called fake text and call iPhones have the app

They just fucking with you two drama don't even trip there is a app on most phones. Have the app to place a fake text or call I thought I had to let you know so it's comes of good use when you use it right just some bitch out here trying to start drama I don't know but who ever played that shit on ya they going to be done back but hit them worse so you two be safe and take care of yourselfs
Ashleykay
Ashleykay is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Now why would someone be wanting to start drama? Sounds like someone is trying to negate another person's appointments or start up some BS..
Old 11-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
domfiona
Account Disabled

User ID: 43649
My ECCIE Reviews

I've had a ton of these calls...trying to set up bogus appts, I just have a really good laugh about it, you would to, if you were to hear some of the requests.....lol!
domfiona is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
Guest100318
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

I wouldn't sweat it. If it persists let's say for another couple of weeks or so just change your number. Not much else you can do since your actual number is being used by another person. I would also check with the phone co. to ensure that you are not being charged for the extra texts/calls.

Moto
Guest100318 is offline   Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
KellyMichaels
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 24662
My ECCIE Reviews

You know, it's weird. A couple months ago, I received a call that came up on caller ID a man whom I know. I answered the phone.."Hey!" and a woman responded. She said, May I speak with Raven something or another...(Which is the last person who had my number, it still comes up in her name on call tracer reports...just to show how up to date those things are)
I immediately thought it was my friends wife as he told me the two of them would be out of town that day together. I said "Uhm, this is a printing company, nobody works here by that name..." and she sounded annoyed and hung up.

I told my friend what happened, but at the precise moment I received the call, he and she were both on a plane. He is sure it did not come from his phone. And yet, how would anyone have known his number? He is very UTR.

I googled it, and found as mentioned above not only a caller ID faker, but also a device featured that can allow you to listen in to all calls and see texts even when deleted...I wonder how that is legal? I wonder why people are playing games with phones.

Sounds like something in the milk ain't clean to me.
KellyMichaels is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #8
Jemma Martin
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 48158
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh I have heard of the iPhone fake text. It has to be someone that we have seen and knows both our numbers...
Jemma Martin is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
angelinadream
Account Disabled

User ID: 42776
My ECCIE Reviews

www.spoofcard.com. Thats the only one I know about. Thanks
angelinadream is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

There are alot of text spoofer sites out there... where the issue comes in is that there so many wireless hot spots that do not log anything one can hide in plain site.

For example I am at a bar right now in mid town Houston.... there is no logging as to what I do, where I go... the only security is the WPA key which the owner/bartender will give you once you buy a beer.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women