Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29
Default Does the US have a "secret" weapon?

Mattis vaguely alluded to kinetic capability if needed in North Korea. He also said the Pentagon has a few "tricks" up its sleeve. Trump warned of total destruction at the UN. What could it be?

https://amp.businessinsider.com/matt...h-korea-2017-9

Maybe it's a cyber attack:

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story...trategy-000331
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

rail gun
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #3
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
rail gun
That's still a conventional weapon. NK would retaliate immediately. I think the Military would use cyber capabilities to freeze NKs computers and unable to launch their weapons. Then use traditional weapons to destroy their military. Maybe Trump was referring to the rail gun in his fire and fury statement.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #4
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Unless the rail gun can destroy an ICBM I don't see how it helps. Taking out an ICBM from the launch pad is much easier than one that is in the air. Even easier is taking out a building from a launch from space. But you'd have to know almost exactly where the leader of the targeted country is.

The footage I've seen of the rail guns in action has been unimpressive.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
bambino
Valued Poster

Rail Gun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i737rM6FxqE
Old 09-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #6
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

His "total destruction" comment was directed at KJU and his regime. Kind of like Iraq. It may or may not imply any unusual weaponry.

Cyber attacks only work if the computers are networked outside the immediate area. I have no idea if the NK missiles are or not. I seriously doubt NK is as dependent on the internet or computers as a "typical" country is, so cyber attacks are likely to have limited impact. Nonetheless, Trump SHOULD imply there may well be "secret" things for NK to be wary of. What I heard I thought was a pretty decent speech.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #7
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i737rM6FxqE
Old 09-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #8
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
His "total destruction" comment was directed at KJU and his regime. Kind of like Iraq. It may or may not imply any unusual weaponry.

Cyber attacks only work if the computers are networked outside the immediate area. I have no idea if the NK missiles are or not. I seriously doubt NK is as dependent on the internet or computers as a "typical" country is, so cyber attacks are likely to have limited impact. Nonetheless, Trump SHOULD imply there may well be "secret" things for NK to be wary of. What I heard I thought was a pretty decent speech.
We could also take out their communications. That could give our military enough time to destroy them before they can retaliate. Trump said "totally destroy NK". I'm sure he was talking to Un as well as Iran. If we do attack NK, I doubt it will be a surgical strike aimed at taking out just Un.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #9
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

well there's always the tomahawks.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:07 PM   #10
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Mattis vaguely alluded to kinetic capability if needed in North Korea. He also said the Pentagon has a few "tricks" up its sleeve. Trump warned of total destruction at the UN. What could it be?

Maybe it's a cyber attack:
And exactly how much of NK would be affected??

Quote:
That's still a conventional weapon. NK would retaliate immediately. I think the Military would use cyber capabilities to freeze NKs computers and unable to launch their weapons. Then use traditional weapons to destroy their military. Maybe Trump was referring to the rail gun in his fire and fury statement.
That might shut down some of their missiles, but not all, nor will it shut down their artillery..

This is why i would love to own a few Hat'ak' gou'ald mother ships or Imp stars so i could park in orbit, and barrage them from there..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 PM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post

That might shut down some of their missiles, but not all, nor will it shut down their artillery..

This is why i would love to own a few Hat'ak' gou'ald mother ships or Imp stars so i could park in orbit, and barrage them from there..
I can't answer those questions. Mattis said the military has a few tricks up their sleeve. I doubt we'll find out what those tricks are until they are used.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:30 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Actually, if we knew what it was, it wouldn't be a fucking secret now, would it?

And I agree it probably wasn't a threat of cyber attack, unless it was directed at other players.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:36 AM   #13
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

I think that space plane thing (looks like mini shuttle ) is thought to be a kinetic bomb. Every time that land that thing they rush to put it back up there.

No matter what though SK is pretty fucked.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:55 AM   #14
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
No matter what though SK is pretty fucked.
They have been for 60+ years, and will be for another 60+ years regardless of whether the Trump Administration orders an attack. The issue at the moment is whether they have a mess that can be cleaned up within a reasonable period of time or do they have an uninhabitable country with a handful of people left, if any, that can't be "cleaned up" for many decades.

The U.S. and other allies can help them clean up the mess now. If the U.S. gets hit our ability to help ourselves, our allies and/or our neighbors will be severely diminished to the point that we will be using our limited remaining resources to clean our own up. Too many people have forgotten, apparently, the ripple effect impact of the 911 attacks on our infrastructure and economy. That was pissing in a hurricane by comparison. "Welcome to California"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #15
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by garhkal View Post

THAAD system is set up in S. Korea to knock down any missiles NK launches in its Korean perimeter.

the Navy has the SM-2 & SM-6 to knock down any missile that NK launches over the pacific.

as for the NK's artillery, it would have to be shut down by a mix of fighter bombers & B1 bombers within 30 minutes of firing. they do know the general location of the batteries.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women