Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35188
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81
Default UT sports in general....

I just finished watching the UT basketball play Rice. Is it me or shouldn't the Longhorns wipe the court with Rice? I can understand Rice kicking our ass in baseball but basketball??!!

They had some comments from UT prez talking about how Rick Barnes has class, how he handles, matters, and basically a great guy. zzzzzzzzzzz

We need someone who can bring the best out of their players and light fires under their asses.

I just watched Razorbacks coach Petrino yell at the refs, "Are you kidding me?", "That's bullshit!". Talk about passion! You would never see Mack or any UT coach do that.

Am I the only one who feels that across the board, we need more high strung coaches that motivate their players to play to their best every night?

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

This is an excellent topic for discussion irrespective of sport and/or team affilation. From my perspective, a hard nosed coach is normally replaced by a players coach and vice versa. By the same token, if the perception is that the team is lacking on one side of the ball but strong on the other, the replacement will normally come from the perceived team weakness. In simpler terms, replacements are normally made based upon the weakness of the coach being replaced.

I suspect that if the general perception is that Brown and/or Barnes are too easy going their replacements will probably be stern disciplinarians!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
LadiesFan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Both coaches show great control while in public... but... I am willing to bet that things are way different during practice.
LadiesFan is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

I was at the Rice game. They backed up and gave us open shots. Just shut down underneath. We adjusted well in the 2nd half. Rice played a suprisingly good game. We played terrible in the 1st half, but good in the 2nd. As far as Bernes, last year that's all he did was yell. He's not easy at all. In fact, I believe he lost last years team. He's the quickest coach I've seen to yank a player out after a stupid pass or a failed defensive assignment. As far as the football coaches...I'm waiting to see who gets axed.
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
Leslie Cochran
BANNED

Encounters: 5

Who cares about sports? Who wants to watch a bunch of millionaires run and jump and act like fools?
Leslie Cochran is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
derek303
Valued Poster

We're talking about UT college sports genius. They don't get paid.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Damon Bradley
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Cochran View Post
Who cares about sports? Who wants to watch a bunch of millionaires run and jump and act like fools?
Snap out of it Bozo. College? No pay?
Damon Bradley is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
derek303
Valued Poster

I think everybody knows there is scholorship money, housing, and probably a booster somewhere. Sports guys were trying to talk and he highjacks the thread with who cares. Then don't read the sports page!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81
Default Maybe I spoke too soon...

Texas ends the 63 game home winning streak of the Jayhawks!

Could this be the year the Horns make a deep NCAA tournament run?

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek303 View Post
We're talking about UT college sports genius. They don't get paid.

Since when?

I know for a fact several get paid. Police issues get covered up.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
Grecco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I really don't care too much about longhorn sports, especially basketball. I'm a BIG TEN alumnus and thats what I follow. Although if it is a good matchup, I'll watch anyone play. Now let the flogging begin for me not being a longhorn fan in austin...
Grecco is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
Guest020916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Back to topic which is UT sports....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
Texas ends the 63 game home winning streak of the Jayhawks!

Could this be the year the Horns make a deep NCAA tournament run?

sixx
That's what I'm talking about!! Good defense and team attitude are the differences in the squad this year. I'm glad Texas is starting to peak now which hopefully will carry into the tournament. Last year, Texas fizzled out and the players were more about individual efforts.

Only blow out loss so far is USC which is strange since Hamilton didn't score much in that game and USC rained the 3's early to get a huge lead.

If the defense keeps up, I think Texas will go deep. I'm definitely putting Texas deep on my tourney brackets.
Guest020916 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #13
Guest020916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
I just watched Razorbacks coach Petrino yell at the refs, "Are you kidding me?", "That's bullshit!". Talk about passion! You would never see Mack or any UT coach do that.

Am I the only one who feels that across the board, we need more high strung coaches that motivate their players to play to their best every night?

sixx
At least GD is gone. Sucks that it took this long and now Muschamp is gone (and almost took Applewhite with him). Hoping for a surprisingly good season next year. I still think OU to win BCS NC (7-2 early "odds") for 2011-2012 is a sucka bet.

At times, a coach may need to be coarse and be high-strung, but it's really the preparation before those kids arrive on the court or field.
But watching Bobby Knight was entertaining. The chair fling was the best.
Guest020916 is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #14
derek303
Valued Poster

Not only did they snap Kansas 69 game home streak, they snapped another one a few games ago. Was in Michigan State that had a 52 game streak at home? Everybody is playing their role this year. Last year not enough basketballs for all the shooters.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #15
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Not a UT fan at all but that was one very impressive win. What made it most impressive was holding it together and coming back from an 18-3 deficit. And an 11 point halftime deficit. Kansas has not looked all that great recently, even in some of their victories, but I don't mean to diminish UT's game.

On a different but related note -- what do people think about the UT network? Would you sign up for it if you had to pay maybe $10 a month for it? ESPN has to get their money back somehow. I just can't see the demand to watch the UT tennis teams, track teams, volleyball team, golf teams, etc. But, again, I am not a UT fan. My wife is a UT grad and a sports fan, but she would only be interested in watching the volleyball team.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women