Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia > Coed Discussions - Philadelphia
Coed Discussions - Philadelphia Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
ClairJordan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47636
My ECCIE Reviews
Default What's the thing you are most proud of about your hometown?

I love Philly and think is is a well-kept secret. You have so much going for you; sports, restaurants, architecture, history, geographical proximity. What is it you would most like to share with the rest of the world?
ClairJordan is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
awl4knot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71
Default You Got Most of It

Clair,

You listed most of the fine attributes of Philadelphia but the two that I think are most noteworthy are the historical significance of the city and its museums. Both Boston and Philadelphia were important to the growth of the U.S. but Philly was the true epicenter where the real work was done while Boston was held by the British. But the history is reinforced by the preservation of the buildings and neighborhoods where it took place.

Philadelphia's museums are also world class. The Philadelphia Museum of Art is just superb. The Rodin Museum is also great and when the Barnes Foundation collection moves to the Parkway, it will just add to the cultural importance of the city. And how about the Franklin Institute? I have been going there for decades and I enjoy it as much as the kids do.

Finally, the restaurant scene is vibrant, ever changing, generally affordable (love those BBYB's) and all within easy reach of Center City.

I think people spend too much time rating and comparing cities. The better approach is to appreciate each for its singular virtues and unique character.
awl4knot is online now   Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews

i was born and raised in Philly and I rememeber center city at christmas time back when Wanamakers was there...i love coming home and look forward to it at the end of Jan..
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
SuperBowlKen
Registered Member

I can still remember standing near the Wanamaker's Eagle and listening to John Facenda's voice telling the story at the show. Then we would walk down Market Street to see the Christmas Village at Lits Brothers (I am giving away my age with that comment..lol).

SBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Vixen View Post
i was born and raised in Philly and I rememeber center city at christmas time back when Wanamakers was there...i love coming home and look forward to it at the end of Jan..
SuperBowlKen is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
foto19047
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awl4knot View Post
... the restaurant scene is vibrant, ever changing, generally affordable (love those BBYB's) and all within easy reach of Center City...
Let's not forget those delicasies for which the Philly area is famous. Like: Cheese Steaks, Hoagies, Birch Beer, and Scrapple to mention only a few.
foto19047 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
ForbiddenFriend1
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31517

All the tangible things have been mentioned, however, it is the intangible things that make living here so great ... all the neighbors sitting on the front stoop sharing drinks and nibblers during the summer...the feeling of belonging to the little area in which you live...having most of your friends and family living within a 2 block radius...walking to the corner bar when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground and knowing every person in the place, not to mention their kids, their mother and their grandmother....and all 3 of those generations are also sitting in there bitching about all the snow.........for me its the "feeling" of Philadelphia that makes it great
ForbiddenFriend1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

cool post--makes me want to visit! sounds interesting!!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #8
ClairJordan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47636
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
cool post--makes me want to visit! sounds interesting!!
Dallas: you should visit! This town needs shakin' up and you are just the right gal for that job!!

See you in Nola as soon as I can make my way down there. Got stuck, ya know??
ClairJordan is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

lol--cool...I might do that one day

see ya soon Clair!!Cant wait!
DallasRain is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women