Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35352
Mojojo33117

Old 06-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #151
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
One thing I have noticed just recently is that the liberals yell and belly ache more than conservatives. There are more liberals attacking conservatives on this site than conservatives speaking out. The same holds true in the real world. Conservatives tend to take the high road more often than those with liberal views.
That's where you're wrong. We're not attacking conservatives, we're simply attacking ignorance. There's a HUGE difference. How many times on this very forum have I proved you completely wrong in the just the past few days alone? It has nothing to do with being conservative, it has to do with misinformation, bigotry, and the flat out lies you and others like you attempt to spread on forums such as this. In fact, due to your posting in my recent Fox News thread, I was going to go back and do a search of your posts here and see just how much misinformation and lies I could come up with that I could directly relate to you acquiring from Fox News. I already found one:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ents-combined/

...and you can bet that I will be sure to post my findings there in public for all to see.

I happen to agree with true fiscal conservatives, unfortunately except for perhaps Andrew Sullivan, I haven't seen one since before Reagan took office. Incidentally, from what I've read of your posts, I would be hard pressed to call you a conservative. A true fiscal conservative would detest the very policies and people you appear to openly support.

If I had to take a guess, you're just becomming painfully aware that you've been called out on your bullshit a little more than usual lately.

That said, I'd be very curious to see you provide some examples of *you* "taking the high road" here.
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #152
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Now who can argue with that? Again.

Actually, each of those points, have been discussed, debated, sourced and resourced... by everyone but you.

What does posting resources prove? Nothing, Notta, a big 0.

Posters in this thread have done their homework. You haven't, but rather than do so, you attack those of us who have.

I have done my HW. I do not need to do it for you or anyone.

Let's just examine some of the claims you've made (many for the second time) in this post:

Obama has passed a lot of new legislation with a healthy price tag. Last time I looked the Republicans were in charge of the House of Representatives and had enough seats in the Senate to block legislation there. So, I guess the President might have had some help with the legislation AND the healthy price tag. Strike 1.

Hit 1) The Dems had control of the house and a fillabuster proof senate for the first two years. Did you forget about those two years? I thought that was common knowledge.
http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhi...y-our-freedoms

http://stopliberals.wordpress.com/20...s-in-stimulus/

If you like the way our government runs things just take a long hard look at the USPS system. When our postal systems was independently run it actually made money and the price of stamps stayed the same. Since the government took it back over it has lost money and we have seen a steady increase in the cost of postage stamps. YOU USE POSTAGE STAMPS? I remember a 3-cent first class stamp. Eisenhower was president. Since then, the cost of a first class stamp has risen steadily. Do you know how many people DON'T use stamps nowadays? In a study done in 2010 by First Advantage Bank, about 80% of ALL U.S. homes with internet access paid at least one bill online. I pay about 75% of my bills online. You suppose that with fewer users, the price of stamps might just go up? Strike 2!

I guess we should just forget about the eight years that Clinton was in office and no one was using the internet to pay their bills online during that time. We had a bunch of increases in the cost of postage during his watch. Hit 2!

http://www.spudart.org/blogs/randomt...s/P3997_0_3_0/

I should not have to post any links to prove it this is common information that you all should know. Sure! And when someone else posts links supporting his/her opinion, you discount it as "mainstream media" or "liberal press" or something else. Deft deflection dere dude! Strike 3!

Duh they are spouting out mainstream slobbering Obama media with the left wing blinding all logic. Hit 3!

I do not expect you to understand this or be able to comprehend this either. I don't think any of us either understand or comprehend (or both) this. I know I neither understand nor comprehend it.

I knew that.

I do expect you to attack and ridicule this information. No need to ridicule your information. But it's not approaching factual "information." It's strictly your opinion. Your entirely entitled to it, by the way, and I'll fight to the death to preserve your right to say it. Several of the posters in this thread have, in fact, done so, myself included. Back your opinion up with some fact and it becomes a debate. It isn't right now.

If I were to put up links to sites that back my information you would have a negative response to that as well. I can hear it know that sounds like fox news.
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #153
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Sharp View Post
That's where you're wrong. We're not attacking conservatives, we're simply attacking ignorance. There's a HUGE difference. How many times on this very forum have I proved you completely wrong in the just the past few days alone? It has nothing to do with being conservative, it has to do with misinformation, bigotry, and the flat out lies you and others like you attempt to spread on forums such as this. In fact, due to your posting in my recent Fox News thread, I was going to go back and do a search of your posts here and see just how much misinformation and lies I could come up with that I could directly relate to you acquiring from Fox News. I already found one:

I am not a bigot and these are not lies. I do not support more government spending and never have. Obama did pass some massive legislation one being Obama care. The other is the stimulus package they did nothing. Bush did spend a lot as well and I did not agree with that either. A true conservative wants less government spending and less government regulation on small business. I do watch Fox News and I do not buy everything they say either. I believe most of what we are seeing is show from all sides to be a distraction as to what is really going on.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ents-combined/

...and you can bet that I will be sure to post my findings there in public for all to see.

I happen to agree with true fiscal conservatives, unfortunately except for perhaps Andrew Sullivan, I haven't seen one since before Reagan took office. Incidentally, from what I've read of your posts, I would be hard pressed to call you a conservative. A true fiscal conservative would detest the very policies and people you appear to openly support.

Who am I supporting that is not a true fiscal conservative?

If I had to take a guess, you're just becomming painfully aware that you've been called out on your bullshit a little more than usual lately.

What is bullshit and can you be specific? You need to source you information as well to back up these claims to my BS.

That said, I'd be very curious to see you provide some examples of *you* "taking the high road" here.
If I took the high road I would not post anything at all. I am not taking anything personal and do not think I will change anyone that is a liberal views. Ignorance is making claim that you are more intelligent than someone else you do not know on a SHMB. I promise I will not say I told you so when the shit hits the fan from what is happening in DC. That will be when I take the high road.

Take emotion out of the equation and use some logic. Do not drink the Kool Aid.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #154
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Actually, nobody but you would say something like "just like a liberal to say..."

Nobody's forgotten that the D's ran the Congress in year one and two. But, the President STILL doesn't pass any law in this country. It's Congress, and last time I looked, the new class of Rs are doing their best to dismantle everything done in the first two years of the Obama presidency. So if you've got a problem with the way things look now, balance two years versus the eight years of Bush and the one year of obstructionism proffered by the T-bagging R's this year. Then blame the two years for the nine. Folks on here will buy that, too!

Wyldeman30, if you believe in Fox News, then you're entitled to. This is America -- you can believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy too. But so you won't be disappointed, let's look at some of these "sources" you've presented.

1) Scott Schaefer's personal blog. OK. I'm sure we can find a dozen sixth graders who know how to use Wordpress AND spellcheck who post political blogs. His blog also has photos of Sean Hannity. OK. A right wing blog. Maybe not a news source. But a Rush Limbaugh wannabe at best. Pic of him and his wife. No shots of Jesus. That's a plus.

2) David Hogberg, PhD -- a frothingly outspoken critic of health care reform. Curiously, he's not embraced by the health care community, but he rails against the U.S. health care system as too expensive, too inefficient and broken, same as the doctors. But ... and this will come as a tremendous shock ... he offers little in the way of solutions. Interesting opinion, but it's hard to have it both ways -- can't bitch about how expensive health care is without offering solutions. Especially when the price of health care delivery in the US is a direct result of runaway profiteering by many of the so-called providers: pharmas, hospitals, managed care firms, etc. Hogberg rants and raves. Sounds like a pissed off radiologist who has to sell his BMW 7 series for a 5 because he's gonna have to make $600K instead of $800k.

3) SPUDART? They are a graphics house, a "Christian commercial artist." This website is the product of ONE GUY in Chicago who designs websites. You're sourcing a graphic on the website of a graphic designer to prove the failure of the postal service? OK! Nobody denied that postage has risen, but now that SPUDART says it, it must be so. Come on, Wyldeman, you can do better than a demo graphic from an artist's studio.

NO NEED TO GO ANY FURTHER. You certainly didn't. Next time I need some backup information on political trends or opposing views, I'll go to http://www.1001fontsforfree.com . I'm sure they'll have a typeface called "OBAMA SUCKS."

Sorry bubba. You need to do better than art houses and personal rant blogs.

Feel good knowing that you made me spend the time to check your "HW!"

YOW!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #155
Booth
Valued Poster

I enjoyed the postage chart. Who knew the Reagan years were such a disaster for the postal service?
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #156
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

You are too funny.....

I had no idea I was in school.

I am sure I would not do good in a Government class today as I loathe liberal thinking and most professors are liberals.

Never said that I believe Fox News just watch it and find it more balanced than the other choices that we have.

You must really feed off this stuff. I would never go as far as you have to try and prove someone wrong. I guess you already know that huh.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #157
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

This is fun...

I must really get under your skin kinda like Sarah Palin.

I do not like pop up books either.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #158
Booth
Valued Poster

This is like watching Larry Holmes vs. Tex Cobb over and over.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #159
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Most professors are liberals.
And you're basing that on what? Their education? Their hair? The thought that they wear rumpled flannel shirts? That they teach college students?

Amazing! Any more blanket generalizations tonight?

FYI -- One of the most brilliant government professors I ever had wound up serving as Republican County chair for a number of years and is somewhere to the right of Attilla the Hun. I think I might have known one or two professors in the business and law departments slightly to the right of center.

Those freaking English profs, though! All that damned poetry and chit! And don't get me started on the women's studies department! Of course at Baylor, they're ready to burn their bras! (LMAO ...)

Nobody has to work very hard to prove you wrong, Wyldeman. I admire your courage, persistence and gamesmanship. But you just haven't done much of anything to prove any of your points.

I would say we could agree to disagree, but I don't have a clear picture of what you stand for; just what you stand against, which is pretty much anything you don't seem to understand (or comprehend!)

F-Sharp said it best: "We're not attacking conservatives. We're attacking ignorance."

With all due respect, that should be the point of any debate... and society, for that matter.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #160
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
This is like watching Larry Holmes vs. Tex Cobb over and over.
That might lead to brain damage!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #161
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
That might lead to brain damage!
Houston, we have a problem!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #162
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Right you are, Shasta!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #163
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
How exactly do you find that my statements have been incorrect?

Every statement you make that I claim is false/incorrect has a link showing why I believe you to be in error. In a normal debate, that would be your opportunity to post a link backing your statement or a link debunking my link.

I like how you always resort to claiming that my facts are not true because I do not post links to sites that report this information.

Not always and I'm glad you like I don't accept somebody's word without any supporting evidence.

This is so easy to understand if you just would open your eyes to what is happening right in front of you. Just because you post a link up of a site that supports your claims doesn't make it true.

That is correct. My claims don't make it true. I follow numerous threads and judge the accuracy of the answers based on the sources. While always open to the possibility I may be wrong, the links I have found overcome your word, opinions when neither is supported by a credible source.

I do expect you to attack and ridicule this information.

Again. What information? Your opinion is your opinion. Normal people expect others to back up what they claim as fact with proof. That's why I post links. You don't have to say, "How can you say that? or What proof do you have that is true?" The links explain my reasoning.
You provide no evidence other than your word.
How many times and different ways do we have to say that before you understand?

What line of work are you in that you don't need to support your reasoning or any changes/improvements with stats or some kind of research?

Thank you very little.

You obviously undervalue important infomation you could profit from.

Or course if you can't show proof, you can always claim we're mean liars. You can rise above us by means of hot air as opposed to powered flight.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #164
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:

F-Sharp said it best: "We're not attacking conservatives. We're attacking ignorance."
It's not even an attack. It's a public service.

Remember that ignorance can be fixed. And while you can lead someone to or supply them with knowledge, you can't make them think.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #165
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Do ya'll prefer the pads with wings???

So emotional. It is oozing out of your every pore...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women