Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47526
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #46
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I get your point, NiceGuy, but the Party and the candidate should have their own pollsters. If they rely on these public polls they're idiots. Which is entirely possible. Because they are idiots.

I think it's more like Akin is an egomaniac, who after having served in the House now feels he is entitled to the Senate seat, even though at best he could only serve 2 terms at the most because of his age. I think it is more his own damn ego keeping him in than any skewed notion he can win. He'd think he could still win even if the polls had him at 10%.

But you're right. You have to look behind the scenes to see the agendas. No doubt this polling firm had that in mind when they skewed this poll. If Akin really relied on it, he's as big an idiot as he seems to be. And thanks to his ego, McCaskill will be re-elected, continuing the downward slide of aggregate IQ in the Senate. But then again, Akin wouldn't do anything to raise that, either. It's a wash.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #47
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Louise had proven that he will post anything, even lies. The Sanctitiy of Life Act (bet you didn't even know the name Louise) was presented to Congress five years BEFORE Ryan was elected by Steve Stockman. Later iterations were presented by RON PAUL. There were four in all and Paul Ryan and Todd Akins were never involved with any of them. Part of the Congressional Record. Look it up. Going through life drunk and stupid is not the answer.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #48
Guest052115-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuy53 View Post
Just as I suspected, it appears that this new PPI poll of the Missouri Senate race, taken after Akin's stupid remark, is flawed. It gave him a 1% advantage over McCaskill. This was the same result as a poll taken before this remark. But this latest poll oversampled Republicans by +9. The D/R/I on this survey is 30/39/32. This Democrat polling firm has a history of oversampling Democrats in most of its other polls. Gee, I wonder why they would oversample Republicans in this latest poll? Does anybody else here smell a skunk, besides me?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/2...culpa-tv-spot/
Just a note, PPP should always taken with a grain of salt. They use an automated system to do their polling. You know, press one for "X" response and press 2 for "Y" response. This leaves very little room for quality control. They try to keep the sample true to form, but because of the automated system it isn't always an accurate sample. To complicate quality control, this is what we call a "flash poll". They run all 900 samples in an evening. You just can't get an accurate read when you do 900 samples in an hour. No political pollster worth his weight in salt would run more than 100-125 samples in an evening so they can have better quality control.

People use PPP because they are inexpensive.

Does PPP get it right some of the time? Sure. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut from time to time. Are they wildly wrong sometimes? Too often.
Guest052115-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #49
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Check out the new Rasmussen poll in the Missouri Senate race which now shows McCaskill with a 10 percentage point lead over Akin. The Rasmussen poll, which is an independent polling firm with no ties to any political party, is the most accurate public pollster in the business. Just as I feared, what was once an almost sure Republican pick up in the Senate, is now an almost sure Democrat hold. And does anyone still doubt that the PPP poll (which I mistakenly identified as PPI in my previous posts, my bad) was skewed intentionately to get a result to help encourage Akin to stay in the race. Akin (like COG said) is just your typical narcissistic politician who puts his own political ambitions ahead of the good of his own party and country.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...issouri_senate
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #50
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

On top of which, Akin claims that McCaskill should drop out of the race because she should have gotten over 50% on the Rasmussen poll.

http://news.yahoo.com/todd-akin-clai...-politics.html
chefnerd is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women