Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 12-25-2022, 04:40 PM   #1
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default Ironic "disrespecting the flag" folks.

I see a lot of RWN disrespecting the flag on a regular basis according to the United States flag code. The ones who are marines are especially hypocritical because they would have had to memorize the flag code. You know who I'm talking about. The ones who fly the blue line flag. The ones who write Trump BS or anything else on the flag. The ones who fly a Trump flag above an American flag. The ones who wear the flag bathing suits. The ones who hang the flag on the wall like a tapestry in a manner that's prohibited by the flag code. The ones with the punisher flag stickers. The we the people truck sticker folks. ETC.

You know who never actually disrespected the flag according to the flag code? Colin Kaepernick. That's why a lot of these folks are so hypocritical. They hate him but they're actually the ones disrespecting the flag. They're in a rush to prove how patriotic they are, or to prove that they love police and hate people who protest perceived injustices, or that they're a serious member of Cult 45, but a true patriot knows the flag code. My mother taught me at a young age that you don't wear the flag.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:15 PM   #2
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 15

then I guess you would also condemn people who burn the flag in protest or spit on it such as many blm protestors or liberals who couldnt handle the 2016 election............ or in your mind is burning the flag a freedom of speech and thats ok?

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/50...p-july-fourth/
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:40 PM   #3
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post
then I guess you would also condemn people who burn the flag in protest or spit on it such as many blm protestors or liberals who couldnt handle the 2016 election............ or in your mind is burning the flag a freedom of speech and thats ok?

He doesn't care about the left, just us racist white Nationalists who have the audacity to wear a flag on our person because we love our country, and wish to celebrate that pride.

Much like any "Crime" there has to be intent, someone who uses the flag as art, isn't doing it because they disrespect the flag but exactly the opposite.

Someone doing because they hate the country should be a crime, bet even I agree that Speech is rightly the most important right we have, next to gun ownership, and I would defend anyones right to do so, of course, your actions are your own, if someone takes offense to that flag burning, at that point, you are on your own.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:41 PM   #4
Devo
Valued Poster

And I have no idea what Marines you are talking about, again, you dance around what you want to say, but stifle it so you don't get points.

If you can't mention it, don't bring it up.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 06:45 PM   #5
Devo
Valued Poster

Kaepernik sucked, that's the primary reason he got booted, being a selfish assface didn't help him, and anyone doing what he did HAD to know it was going to be offensive to a large portion of the fan base, in fact probably the majority of the fan base.

A sense of entitlement, added into not being the star he hoped to be was the real reason behind his protests, he was and is, nothing but a whiny kneeler.

You obtain your goals by winning on the field, not by kneeling on it.

I don't get the duality of your post either, you decry one side for disrespecting our flag, but support someone for disrespecting our country.

Anyone has the choice to leave if its that bad, but, it is strange that 20 million people have broken laws to get into our country this year alone.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:09 PM   #6
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
I see a lot of RWN disrespecting the flag on a regular basis according to the United States flag code. The ones who are marines are especially hypocritical because they would have had to memorize the flag code. You know who I'm talking about. The ones who fly the blue line flag. The ones who write Trump BS or anything else on the flag. The ones who fly a Trump flag above an American flag. The ones who wear the flag bathing suits. The ones who hang the flag on the wall like a tapestry in a manner that's prohibited by the flag code. The ones with the punisher flag stickers. The we the people truck sticker folks. ETC.

You know who never actually disrespected the flag according to the flag code? Colin Kaepernick. That's why a lot of these folks are so hypocritical. They hate him but they're actually the ones disrespecting the flag. They're in a rush to prove how patriotic they are, or to prove that they love police and hate people who protest perceived injustices, or that they're a serious member of Cult 45, but a true patriot knows the flag code. My mother taught me at a young age that you don't wear the flag.

looks pretty patriotic to me ...

bahahahaaaa

do you support the police? because that's what the "Thin Blue Line" flag represents. if you support the police, then don't try to claim others who also support the police can't because you might disagree with them on politics.

if you don't support the police, then why? pretty sure i know what rabbit hole this will go down but i'll let you state your case.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 07:37 PM   #7
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

1pgh said”My mother taught me at a young age that you don't wear the flag.”

My mother taught me when the national anthem is played you get off your ass and stand straight up, put your hand on your heart and show respect to the flag and all those who have died protecting it.
I understand protest, i just will never understand that one.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 06:16 AM   #8
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzy View Post

It's certainly protected by the first amendment, though I would agree with you that it is in fact disrespecting the flag, so your whataboutism didn't hit me like you hoped it would.

One thing of note in regards to that is that burning the flag is the preferred way to dispose a flag that is tattered or torn, according to the US flag code.

Nothing to say about so many of your right wing allies who disrespect the flag according to the US flag code?
Old 12-26-2022, 06:19 AM   #9
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
1pgh said”My mother taught me at a young age that you don't wear the flag.”

My mother taught me when the national anthem is played you get off your ass and stand straight up, put your hand on your heart and show respect to the flag and all those who have died protecting it.
I understand protest, i just will never understand that one.
My mother taught me to stand for the anthem too, but that doesn't change the fact that kneeling during the anthem is not disrespecting the flag according to the flag code. A green beret even suggested it to Kaep as a more respectful way of doing the protest than sitting.

Nothing to say about the other folks that I've mentioned?
Old 12-26-2022, 06:27 AM   #10
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
looks pretty patriotic to me ...

bahahahaaaa

do you support the police? because that's what the "Thin Blue Line" flag represents. if you support the police, then don't try to claim others who also support the police can't because you might disagree with them on politics.

if you don't support the police, then why? pretty sure i know what rabbit hole this will go down but i'll let you state your case.
Not surprising that you chose to post a photo of a woman disrespecting the flag. I certainly find her attractive but that doesn't change the fact that she's disrespecting the flag.

Your comments about supporting the police are completely irrelevant to the discussion. There are many ways to support the police without flying that disrespectfully modified flag used to advertise their over the top love for police or in many cases to advertise their hate of those who protest injustices. That's two violations of the flag code in one. Modifying it and using it to advertise their over the top love of police. That shit is weird.

My case has been stated. You have no reasonable argument against it. Many RWN, and members of Trump's Cult of Ignorance disrespect the flag according to the flag code, and that's a simple fact. It's quite ironic, considering that most of them hate Kaep, even though he never disrespected the flag.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:30 AM   #11
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
He doesn't care about the left, just us racist white Nationalists who have the audacity to wear a flag on our person because we love our country, and wish to celebrate that pride.

Much like any "Crime" there has to be intent, someone who uses the flag as art, isn't doing it because they disrespect the flag but exactly the opposite.

Someone doing because they hate the country should be a crime, bet even I agree that Speech is rightly the most important right we have, next to gun ownership, and I would defend anyones right to do so, of course, your actions are your own, if someone takes offense to that flag burning, at that point, you are on your own.
Well, you're wrong again. You make stuff up out of thin air. I already said that leftists who burn the flag, and not in a way specified by the flag code, are in fact disrespecting the flag, just like the RWN and Trump's Cult members are, but it's notable that the number of extreme leftists burning flags are relatively few, whereas it's become mainstream on the right to disrespect the flag, due to the Cult 45 phenomenon.

True patriots don't disrespect the flag by going against the US flag code.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:47 AM   #12
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
And I have no idea what Marines you are talking about, again, you dance around what you want to say, but stifle it so you don't get points.

If you can't mention it, don't bring it up.
It's not against the rules for me to say all Marines. It's just against the rules for me to report on the true character of some forum members, and there's apparently some unwritten rule that I'm not allowed to have an honest conversation about you know what.

All Marines are compelled to learn the flag code.

https://www.marineparents.com/marine...getiquette.asp

"The flag should never be dipped to any person or thing. It is flown upside down only as a distress signal.
The flag should not be used as a drapery, or for covering a speaker's desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top.
The flag should never be used for any advertising purposes. It should not be embroidered, printed or otherwise impressed on such articles as cushions, handkerchiefs, napkins, boxes, or anything intended to be discarded after temporary use. Advertising signs should not be attached to the staff or halyard.
The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations.
The flag should never have placed on it, or attached to it, any mark, insignia, letter, word, number, figure, or drawing of any kind.
The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything."

But thanks for reminding me that the RWN and Cult 45ers with the flag paper plates, paper cups, etc. are also hypocritical flag disrespecters. Many of these folks also use flags in situations where they're supposed to use bunting.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:27 AM   #13
t_itanic1912
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I agree, you stand for the flag and show respect to those have served and those who have died for your freedom
t_itanic1912 is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #14
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Not surprising that you chose to post a photo of a woman disrespecting the flag. I certainly find her attractive but that doesn't change the fact that she's disrespecting the flag.

if it's so disrespectful why is there so much apparel with the flag on it?

is this guy's shirt patriotic or disrespecting the flag?

Your comments about supporting the police are completely irrelevant to the discussion. There are many ways to support the police without flying that disrespectfully modified flag used to advertise their over the top love for police or in many cases to advertise their hate of those who protest injustices. That's two violations of the flag code in one. Modifying it and using it to advertise their over the top love of police. That shit is weird.

My case has been stated. You have no reasonable argument against it. Many RWN, and members of Trump's Cult of Ignorance disrespect the flag according to the flag code, and that's a simple fact. It's quite ironic, considering that most of them hate Kaep, even though he never disrespected the flag.

don't i? the phrase "thin blue line" goes back much farther than you might think and is partly based/derived from an old British battle phrase "the thin red line". and by mentioning this .. "The ones who fly the blue line flag." you did make it about police disrespect.

i gather you feel no one should fly the "Blue line" flag yet who do you single out? RWN's whatever that means and "members of Trump's Cult of Ignorance". here's a article about the controversy which for Politico is rather balanced on the topic.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...an-flag-309767

The Short, Fraught History of the ‘Thin Blue Line’ American Flag

about that flag code ..

"Local skirmishes and letters to the editor in various states have questioned whether the thin blue line flag is a violation of the U.S. Flag Code, which specifically states: “The flag should never have placed upon it, nor any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

"Despite that language, the American flag is depicted in many other ways for a number of purposes, many commercial. Still, the American Legion, which played a key role in drafting the Flag Code and is the go-to authority on proper U.S. flag etiquette, has not taken an official position yet on the black-and-white version with a blue line, a spokesman told The Marshall Project."
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 01:32 PM   #15
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

None of that changes the fact that everything I've mentioned is in fact disrespecting the flag according to the US flag code. Other examples of people disrespecting the flag don't change the fact. Lots of things are sold that are disrespectful and not only in regards to the flag. Strange that you think examples of other people disrespecting the flag is somehow an excuse for it. People do all sorts of shitty things but that doesn't excuse other people who do shitty things.

One person or even a hundred people saying that it hasn't been settled doesn't change that fact that the things I've mentioned are blatantly against the wording of the flag code.

Yes, the guy in the pic is disrespecting the flag. I don't know who he is, but it doesn't matter. It could be the great Republican Abraham Lincoln, and it still wouldn't matter, but I doubt he would have worn something like that.

Exactly what part of "The flag should NEVER have placed upon it, nor any part of it, nor attached to it any MARK, insignia, letter, word, figure, DESIGN, picture, or drawing of any nature" are you having such trouble understanding? Words have meanings. In this case it's pretty cut and dry. The blue line is both a mark and a design. It's also using the flag to advertise people's extreme love for police or their hate of those who protest injustices. It's not debatable. Your opinions about the police are not relevant to the discussion.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women