Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160507
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452920
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47516
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Major Surgery

Looks like my computer needs major surgery after the Attack Page incident to restore full functionality.

Has anyone found a fix that they'd like to share?

I've tried a number of diagnostic scans and have found numerous bugs, but none have worked.

I asked the Geek Squad where I bought my computer and explained the problem, but they want several days and several hundred dollars to remove the malware that inflicted my system and incapacitated my Outlook and seriously compromised my browsers.

I imagine I am not the only one going through this problem so if someone has found a fix let us all know.

Several IT people have told me that Norton 360 is basically useless and suggested other programs, but before I get there, I need to find a program that can remove this very malicious software that inflicted itself on my computer!

Damn! What a headache this is turning out to be!
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
rakuguy
Ambassador

Encounters: 2

You can download CCLEANER from the Piriform site. It works pretty well for me. It's free as well.
rakuguy is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Voodoo

Thanks!

I'll give it a try.

At this point, I'm ready to try Voodoo, if it might work!

Breath.

Stay calm.

This too shall pass.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Torito
Ambassador

Encounters: 23

My computer skills are almost non-existent, so keep that in mind. I had a virus a while back that locked me up. One of those "we scanned your drive and found ?? number of viruses. Come to our site and we will sell you the fix."

Windows would only open in Safe Mode so could not get on internet to go get a legitimate, free fix.

I said screw this, I am not talking it to the Geek Squad or anywhere else. Reloaded Windows. All traces gone and computer ran faster than in a long time. Not recommending this method, but it is an option.

Torito

BTW I was able to back everything up on an external hard drive prior to reloading.
Torito is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
brutusbluto
Ambassador

Encounters: 3

CCleaner is awesome, you can also use spybot, thats good as well. Virus protection I use is McAfee, it shot down the threat as soon as it tried to get me. McAfee is not free but you get what you pay for.
brutusbluto is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

CCleaner is a great program. Use Avast for your virus protection. much better than McAfee in my opinion. I only have one PC. Use mostly macs and don't have problems with viruses or attacks on it.
Guest021824 is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

The following are all good free tools for keeping the computer clean and free of malicious code as well as other nasty stuff.

CCleaner

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Revo Uninstaller

Avast! Antivirus

Zone Alarm Firewall
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Sniper Rifle Bullet

Thanks for your suggestions, gentlemen.

I've already tried CCleaner, but it didn't find anything. I will try the others.

I suspect that this blue booze bug is a new and very lethal strain of bug. My Outlook it totally out of commission and my browsers are seriously compromised.

The Geek Squad wanted to completely remove Outlook, do a total back up of my system and then reinstall the programs.

I suppose that would work, but it seems like overkill to me and expensive to boot.

I am looking more for a sniper rifle that would fire a bullet right into the offending bug without totally incapacitating my entire system in the process.

Once everyone cleans up their computers maybe we should round up a lynch party and teach the guy who pulled this stunt a lesson he won't ever forget!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Have you tried to uninstall Office and then install it again?

Have you tried to uninstall your browser and then install it again?
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Valuable Data

No, but I have a lot of valuable data in my Outlook that I do not want to lose.

If I could access the program I would be able to back up the information and then uninstall Outlook and reinstall it, but if I can't even open the program so I can't get to the information I need to save.

If anyone else has found a practical solution to this computer problem I assumed was caused by the Attack Page, please post it because I doubt I am the only one having these aggravating issues.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
Guest092710
Account Disabled

User ID: 43383

I'm having to run my system via UBUNTU until I can reinstall Windows. This so sucks. PLEASE take better care to protect your site.

More importantly, you guys (owners) need to at the very least put up a full page of how to fix this. Step by step by step. I know it would make me feel a little less disgruntled with you right now.
Guest092710 is offline   Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
No, but I have a lot of valuable data in my Outlook that I do not want to lose.

If I could access the program I would be able to back up the information and then uninstall Outlook and reinstall it, but if I can't even open the program so I can't get to the information I need to save.
You can back up your Outlook data without using Outlook. Just search for and simply copy the files Outlook.PST and Archive.PST to another folder. Then you can uninstall and then install Outlook. Then take files you copied above and copy them back to their original locations.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #13
sky_wire
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Thanks for your suggestions, gentlemen.

I've already tried CCleaner, but it didn't find anything. I will try the others.

I suspect that this blue booze bug is a new and very lethal strain of bug. My Outlook it totally out of commission and my browsers are seriously compromised.

The Geek Squad wanted to completely remove Outlook, do a total back up of my system and then reinstall the programs.

I suppose that would work, but it seems like overkill to me and expensive to boot.

I am looking more for a sniper rifle that would fire a bullet right into the offending bug without totally incapacitating my entire system in the process.

Once everyone cleans up their computers maybe we should round up a lynch party and teach the guy who pulled this stunt a lesson he won't ever forget!
Disk cleaners and virus programs are not working because the virus probably appears as a functioning program, now that it's been installed. It's odd that your virus program didn't warn you when you clicked the link. Is your program up to date?

Any way, click the little windows icon in the lower left corner. Type "restore." You should get an option like "Recover system settings on your computer." I'm running W7 and XP on a virtual machine, so I can't say exactly what Vista will display. It's also buried in Control Panel somewhere.

Anyway, click the recover system selection. An option will appear allowing you to restore you computer (registry and program settings) to a specific time. One of the things that Windows does in the background is create recovery points. Some foolish folks turn this feature off to save disk space or make their computer run faster. As I recall, Windows reserves 10% just for this feature. It's a really important thing! I think my computer makes a restore point every day.

Select a recovery point in time that you are sure is before your shit happened. Restore your computer to that point. WARNING: All programs installed since the restore point, all settings created after the restore point will be lost. New files should be OK, but links created after the restore point will probably be lost, but you can manually fix those.

Basically system restore changes your registry to the restore point. Then it fucks with the installed programs so that they correspond to the registry settings. Presto, now you computer will work the way it did before it got fucked up.
sky_wire is offline   Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #14
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation System Restore

I know my way around computers and have had virus infections before that I was able to find and remove, but nothing as serious as this thing.

I think that this blue booze worm is new and very lethal strain and I haven't been able to get rid of it.

I did try the system restore option and went back 3 weeks before the attack, but that did not help.

One of the malware programs that Mokoa suggested actually found 355 threats which I eliminated thinking I was home free, but that apparently did not work either.

This is a problem that is going to affect a lot of the members so when someone finds something that actually works, please post the solution.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
DEPmic05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Does anyone know how effective Kaspersky is against this virus. I encountered this problem on 17 September, in the morning. Kaspersky warned me about the virus then followed with a message that it had "denied access". Only problem was that I couldn't get to eccie any longer. Since I was unaware of what was going on, I shut down my computer and did not go back online till evening (I was traveling out of town).

When I started my computer again, there was no indication of the virus or any real problems. I took the plunge and went into eccie and gained access without further incident.

Kaspersky tends to update continuously and I've been told in the past that it is far better than other security software out there.

Since that day, I've been keeping an eye on my computer and following the comments here on the virus. No real problems, but I still plan to check my computer and maybe even take it in to be scanned...just so I can be sure.
DEPmic05 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women