Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70487
biomed161100
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47791
pyramider46370
bambino40455
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default More Immigrants Poured in Under Reagan Than Now

Using data from U.S. Customs and Border Protection we can see the number of people stopped along the southwest border. This table covers the number of attempted crossings during the Reagan years.

Year Apprehensions

1988-942,861

1987-1,122,067

1986-1,615,844

1985-1,183,351

1984-1,058,276

1983-1,033,974

1982-745,820

1981-749,808

Average-1,056,500

And this one covers the same border for the Obama years.

Year Apprehensions

2013-414,397

2012-356,873

2011-327,577

2010-447,731

2009-540,865

Average - 417,489

Here is the all important link.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...pouring-now-u/
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Ronnie isn't running again.

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
LexusLover
Valued Poster

What I see is more APPREHENSIONS by Reagan's administration. Thanks BL.

Confirming Obaminable doing a miserable job of APPREHENDING.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

A quote from your link:

There is another issue. Susan Martin, a migration policy expert at Georgetown University, cautions that border patrol tactics changed between the 1980s and today.

"The basic strategy in the 1980s, and before, was to apprehend and then return people immediately back to Mexico," Martin said. "A substantial number attempted re-entry until they were successful. It was, in effect, a revolving door. Beginning in the Clinton administration, the strategy shifted to deterrence."

I would question how many of the Reagan "apprehensions" were the same people trying to enter the US illegally for the third, fourth or fifth time? Were the Reagan numbers inflated due to multiple counting?

More importantly, apprehensions are not the same as successful crossings. If 2 million people a year are coming across, and apprehensions slip from 1 million to 500,000, it just means the number of successful crossings has increased from 1 million to 1.5 million a year.

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

This all sounds like another version of " it's Bush's fault".
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
What I see is more APPREHENSIONS by Reagan's administration. Thanks BL.

Confirming Obaminable doing a miserable job of APPREHENDING.
Hahaha, you caught that too. That schmuck doesn't realize apprehensions is just a nice way of saying those that got chucked back across the border. I view illegal aliens crossing the border into the United states the same as a Burglar breaking into my house. If they do, there is a price they must pay. You don't seat them down at your dinner table and offer them something to eat for Christ sake.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Hahaha, you caught that too. That schmuck doesn't realize apprehensions is just a nice way of saying those that got chucked back across the border. I view illegal aliens crossing the border into the United states the same as a Burglar breaking into my house. If they do, there is a price they must pay. You don't seat them down at your dinner table and offer them something to eat for Christ sake.

Jim
You Christless bastard.....

People crossing the border to work and improve their family lot is not the same thing as some Burglar breaking into my house. Holy Jesus, go back and read a chapter of the God Damn Bible before posting anymore racist nonsense.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #8
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

People crossing the border to work and improve their family lot is not the same thing as some Burglar breaking into my house. Holy Jesus, go back and read a chapter of the God Damn Bible before posting anymore racist nonsense.

That's right ya big baby. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things and if people from other countries want to come here they have to go through the legal channels to do so. That's the way it's suppose to be and that's the way it should be. Who's side are you on anyway jerk off.

Jim
Old 07-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #9
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Not only that, the poor motherfuckers work hard as hell for shit wages paid by assholes who relentlessly profiteer of the labor and force the other taxpayers to pay for the illegals families.
Why don't you let them live in your goddamned house and pay for them yourself, asshole, before forcing the rest of us to pay for them and their families?
Other countries enforce their borders - hence, all the motherfuckers (some of whom are hardworking, decent people, some of whom are not) come to our formerly great country.

At least I pay the Asian hookers 140 dollars per hour, and they work inside, in the air conditioning. If they don't pay taxes on that, they should pay penalties and interest. They are self supporting, and they don't bring their families expecting us to pay for them like stupid chumps.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Other countries enforce their borders - hence, all the motherfuckers (some of whom are hardworking, decent people, some of whom are not) come to our formerly great country.
Formerly great?

We do not have Muslims raining down rockets on our country on a daily basis!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That's right ya big baby. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things and if people from other countries want to come here they have to go through the legal channels to do so. That's the way it's suppose to be and that's the way it should be. Who's side are you on anyway jerk off.

Jim
Jesus....I chose his side. Like Ricky Bobby, I'm partial to Baby Jesus.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Jesus....I chose his side. Like Ricky Bobby, I'm partial to Baby Jesus.

Yeah sure ya are.

Jim
Old 07-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Yeah sure ya are.

Jim
I sure the fuck do not equate folks crossing the border looking for work with some cocksucker breaking into my house!

God damn....how the fuck did you come up with that shit?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #14
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

The economy got better under Reagan once the 2nd worst President was booted out of office.

Barry has been the largest deterrent to immigration with his economic shambles but America is still better than the shit holes they are coming from.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:35 PM   #15
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
I sure the fuck do not equate folks crossing the border looking for work with some cocksucker breaking into my house!

God damn....how the fuck did you come up with that shit?
Burglary and crossing another countries Border without the proper documentation are both criminal acts stupid. It's no Americans fault that their country is a fucked up mess. It still doesn't mean they can just show up and expect to be given all the same liberties an American citizen has. When European Immigrants came to America they had to stop off at Ellis Island first. They were screened for disease, their identities were documented, ect. Once they were cleared they were free to go to their final destinations. Mexico maybe closer than Europe but that doesn't mean they shouldn't go through the same process. They basically just walk over the border and do whatever they please. They maybe carrying a disease which posses a public health issue, they maybe transporting contraband which posses a security issue. There's no documentation who these people are, they just enter the country looking for work. We need to tighten our borders and make it less attractive for illegals to cross. If you have a problem with that then it's to bad.

Jim

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women