Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Default Proof Putin is no longer communist/liberal

Putin apparently took the Crimea to get trillions in oil. Since he wants to keep drilling for oil in the ocean, he must be a right wing capitalist, because left wing/liberal/commies don't like it when people drill for oil!!! He has left his old communist/liberal leanings behind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/wo...rves.html?_r=0
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Who is going to help Putin & Co. exploit the oil & gas reserves if they lie in disputed waters? I doubt Lukoil can do it without help from the Western oil majors, who are unlikely to sign joint ventures when no one recognizes Russia's annexation of the Crimea.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Despots and dictators really don't ascribe to any ideology other than their own ego. They will use whatever ideological trappings are convenient.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Putin apparently took the Crimea to get trillions in oil. Since he wants to keep drilling for oil in the ocean, he must be a right wing capitalist, because left wing/liberal/commies don't like it when people drill for oil!!! He has left his old communist/liberal leanings behind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/wo...rves.html?_r=0
In other words a fascist with money.

Left wing/liberals/commies don't like drilling for oil?

That's a stupid thing to say.

How funny and ironic you stand up for the wing nuts. Even though you're a JINO you still rank with the log cabin republicans in their eyes.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:25 AM   #5
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
In other words a fascist with money.

Left wing/liberals/commies don't like drilling for oil?

That's a stupid thing to say.

How funny and ironic you stand up for the wing nuts. Even though you're a JINO you still rank with the log cabin republicans in their eyes.
So, why do they fight so hard against drilling in California?
I'm not saying we should give them free reign to pollute. By all means, regulate and fine them for spills. However, if we were drilling for all the oil America has available it would reduce the power of despots who have oil and gas to bully the world. So, I blame liberals for Putin's power. Bit of a stretch, I know, but it makes me happy to blame liberals for everything that goes wrong. Why, you ask? It is because many of them are rude and contemptuous of dissent. Plus, they don't get enough blame for the destruction they have caused.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 AM   #6
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Despots and dictators really don't ascribe to any ideology other than their own ego. They will use whatever ideological trappings are convenient.
I have to admit you are right. I dislike him for his former political leanings, and I guess I should have said that he cannot fairly be called a commie/liberal anymore.
If anything, he is now a hybridized new creation that no one can control, so his ideology beyond just rapaciousness is perhaps meaningless. He wants, therefore he takes.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
He wants, therefore he takes.
In that fundamental point he is no different than Alexander, Attila, Lenin, Hitler, Isabel & Ferdinand, or any of many, many others.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #8
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

Kind of like you Politicians...RIGHT? Old-Thumper
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #9
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
In that fundamental point he is no different than Alexander, Attila, Lenin, Hitler, Isabel & Ferdinand, or any of many, many others.
One of the many others.

another one of many.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Kind of like you Politicians...RIGHT? Old-Thumper
More IIFFy stupidity on display. I am not and never erased have been a politician you moron.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
More IIFFy stupidity on display. I am not and never erased have been a politician you moron.

???

e·rase [ih-reys]
verb (used with object), e·rased, e·ras·ing.
to rub or scrape out, as letters or characters written, engraved, etc.; efface.
to eliminate completely: She couldn't erase the tragic scene from her memory.
to obliterate (material recorded on magnetic tape or a magnetic disk): She erased the message.
to obliterate recorded material from (a magnetic tape or disk): He accidentally erased the tape.
Computers. to remove (data) from computer storage.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
LordBeaverbrook
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
So, why do they fight so hard against drilling in California? I'm not saying we should give them free reign to pollute.
For a variety of reasons, but most of all NIMBY but based on a pretty poor track record that the oil industry has in California.

Quote:
I have to admit you are right. I dislike him for his former political leanings, and I guess I should have said that he cannot fairly be called a commie/liberal anymore. If anything, he is now a hybridized new creation that no one can control, so his ideology beyond just rapaciousness is perhaps meaningless. He wants, therefore he takes.
Communists were never "liberal" or "progressive" but were merely dictators or oligarchies that used a ideological veneer of "Marxism" to plunder the aristocracy and middle classes as well as to differentiate their regimes from the fascists and monarchs. They were anti-captitalist, but the old saying of "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...." applies. No where in the definition of "monarchy" or "dictator" were crowns or ermine required and Mao jackets ruled out.

Anyone obtuse enough not to understand that either hasn't bothered to read history at all or just shouldn't be commenting on anything political. Did the original founders of these Communist regimes start out believing in Marxist principles? Yes, probably, but they were quickly assassinated by more dictatorial successors or just set aside those principles in favor of enhancing their own personal power and maintaining the stability of their regimes.

That is why conservatives look so silly and ignorant even when they get all spun up over the hated "Communism". These terrible "Communnists" were originally fighting for the people and against monarchy, monopoly capitalism and militarism. Not bad ideals, though they quickly went by the wayside (which is a testament to human nature, not the ideals). Were there quite a few liberal or progressive dupes in the early days? Yes, of course, but Communism was never anywhere close to the real utopian "communism" that the political theorists posited. This is just like there is nothing in the real world like the utopian "free market" or "libertarian" society that so many conservatives seem to want to see (except perhaps Sudan or Somalia which they generally won't respond about at all). One has to separate values and ideals to some extent from utopian theories so that the perfect is not the enemy of the merely good.
LordBeaverbrook is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
stevepar
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

jewish liability....
putin is ex-k.g.b....not exactly a russian bastion of liberal thought....do you really think he cares about liberals in russia....
stevepar is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #14
Old-T
Valued Poster

Sorry about that I hate autocorrect on these "smart" phones.

"I am not and never have been". No idea why it tossed in the extraneous "erased" word.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
???

e·rase [ih-reys]
verb (used with object), e·rased, e·ras·ing.
to rub or scrape out, as letters or characters written, engraved, etc.; efface.
to eliminate completely: She couldn't erase the tragic scene from her memory.
to obliterate (material recorded on magnetic tape or a magnetic disk): She erased the message.
to obliterate recorded material from (a magnetic tape or disk): He accidentally erased the tape.
Computers. to remove (data) from computer storage.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #15
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Sorry about that I hate autocorrect on these "smart" phones.

"I am not and never have been". No idea why it tossed in the extraneous "erased" word.

what ever you do ... do not type "thru"...

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women