Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59891
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47500
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #46
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
We'll see.
Yes, exactly. I wouldn't discount Bloomberg quite yet. 2016 was the 1st time I ever voted blue but I plan to cast my vote for Trump in 2020. In my opinion things are going great for the country. The economy is roaring, there is relative peace in the world, North Korea is ' behaving much better', Now hiring signs are everywhere. The housing market is booming. The American Embassy is now in Jerusalem. Israel has carte blanche to do as they wish for their own security and military aid to Israel will never be in question under Trump either. Love him or hate him the QB is moving the ball down the field scoring on just about every drive and you don't pull the QB out. That being said my vote will be for Trump unless.

Bloomberg runs against him.

The topic of Bloomberg was greatly discussed at our family dinner last week in MD, a Democratic stronghold and at dinner were 5 former delegates of past DNCs. It appears within the party leaders and insiders there is a growing sentiment that not one of these fucking clowns on the stage now stands a chance to beat Trump and I agree; the map will resemble Reagan/Mondale if any of these clowns goes head to head with Trump. Not one of these asshats stands a chance to survive the debate stage with Trump either; he'll eat each any anyone of them alive. Only Bloomberg could go head to head and stand his ground. However, Bloomberg has to get the nomination in order to even run against Trump.

It might be a long shot but I do believe that this discussed path to a Bloomberg nomination could play out given the worst field of candidates either Red or Blue in the history of this country. Discussed was Bloomberg is laying low in the weeds while the other losers throw dirt around ( only helping Trump) Iowa, NH, SC etc. do not mean shit. Super Tuesday does. Bloomberg has the money to literally spam the Super Tuesday states and run more ads than all the clowns combined. If he bombs on Super Tuesday it is all over for him however all Bloomberg needs to do is spend enough cash ( Didn't someone else do that and steamroll to victory? to take just a few bites out of the apple making it virtually impossible for any other candidate to gain the needed delegates and forcing the DNC in to a brokered convention which is why all these pre-Super Tuesday delegates are useless to Bloomberg today. What's Bloomberg up to than? Well he is canvasing Nevada and Arizona, two states that could potentially go blue. It is well believed that Bloomberg would slaughter Trump in Florida by as much as 4-5 percentage points possibly. Add in Nevada and or AZ and flip one or two of the Blue Wall states and Bloomberg has a shot. I think the party insiders may not be sure Bloomberg can defeat Trump but it might be their only chance as I think the one thing they do think is not one of the jokers stands any shot at unseating Trump. Trump will eat any of them alive....

except Bloomberg; and if enough insiders feel this way they will simply say fuck Biden and Sanders, Warren etc. push them aside and simply via the brokered convention cast all the super delegates for Bloomberg and ' Bloomberg vs Trump 2020' is off the the races. Staying in it for this play is up to Bloomberg a pricey gamble and he may drop out tomorrow but if he decides to roll the dice on Super Tuesday I sincerely hopes he takes a few bites of the apple as I would vote for him. I think he would be an even better QB.

Yeah it is far fetched to some extent but even more far fetched is that any candidate on the stage now stands a chance of beating Trump. A coach has to put the best team on the field he can to win and one thing is for sure. IMHO only Bloomberg can possibly win, so why not run him as any other potential QB on the roster now is a worthless loser although I do think Mayor Pete deserves a job in Washington and I think he will be a rising star for the Dems but the rest of them need to stop wasting their time and this country's time. They are worthless. Each and every one of them. It is going to take a long shot for the Democrats to win and Bloomberg might just be that guy.

But I must say a Bloomberg-Trump election would make for even better Saturday Night Live's than 2016 !
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #47
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

If you are the real KC, then welcome back and glad to hear from you. Too bad you would even consider voting for the T. Do you think he really gives a shit about the Jews other than manipulating them with trinkets?

BTW, just heard today that Bloonbaby is polling 4th in a national poll.

It ain't over till it's over!
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:55 PM   #48
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you are the real KC, then welcome back and glad to hear from you. Too bad you would even consider voting for the T. Do you think he really gives a shit about the Jews other than manipulating them with trinkets?

BTW, just heard today that Bloonbaby is polling 4th in a national poll.

It ain't over till it's over!
It is possible he doesn't gives two shits about us but the results are what I am looking at. Support for the Zionist state is not in question.

Yes, it really is me only the years have advanced, the grey hairs coming out and I am fully institutionalized in to the German prostitution scene and have now been brainwashed in to thinking like them too.

...but unlike our President I have 100% rights to my Pee Pee tapes.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:22 AM   #49
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

KC, why do you think the economy is roaring?

GDP nowhere near the predicted 3.0%.

Manufacturing in recession.

Deficit expected to hit $1 trillion in 2020.

Tax reform package great for the rich, not so great for those others.

Stock market soaring but only 54% of the people in this country have money in the stock market -- the upper income 54%.

Tariffs are costing each of us several hundreds of dollars each year they remain in affect.

So where do you see the economy being great for everyone?
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #50
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I'm no Milton Freidman and perhaps I view the economy different than others but I think the stock market and the housing markets in tandem are great barometers. Someone else may want to look at other numbers. As to the deficit sure it is up, it's also gone up historically under most past presidents and will continue to. Just like in NYC there is a ticker in Frankfurt and even if the taxi flies by it you can't help but notice the ticks rapidly increasing by the second faster than the meter ticks off an 1/8 of a km. It's the nature of the world economy; deficits climbing. The dollar is also very strong, although I would like to see a 1-1 x-change with the Euro I was paying close to a buck-30 for a Euro in early 2017 , now 1.10. A 20 cent drop is significant.

I will not buy this bullshit spewing out of Erin Burnett's mouth or Don Lemon's crocodile tears that Americans on Main Street are eating cans of SPAM nor will I buy the bullshit from Tucker and Co. that the Coal Industry is booming like the golden days. The truth is somewhere in between. The voters will decide the ' true numbers' for manufacturing, industry and agriculture in the states that matter.

Yes, you are correct the rich are getting richer and those in 2016 who could afford the finest Rib Eye steak at the steakhouse can now afford to add on the Lobster Tail but at the same time job growth is high, unemployment is down and opportunities for Main Street are there. The very restaurant the shareholders are eating steaks in also have 'now hiring' for the jobs on the floor and in the back of the kitchen because the shareholders are eating there in the first place. Unfortunately too many folks want to bitch (not saying you are by any means) rather than seek out opportunity. Although much is reinvested in to portfolios as stockholders realize massive gains much is also poured in to the local economies. Even the bond funds are up and normally bonds and stocks don't move together, this bull run however is different as both are headed north. Yes, the economy fucking sucks! IMHO the 54% also feed the other 46%.

I can only ask myself how I am doing compared to four years ago and that is how I will vote and I think when most folks walk in the booths in November they will do the same. Those numbers will be hard; not skewed by any political parties angling from different directions using only numbers that bolster their political preferences.

I agree with you on the tariffs not being good but I also see Trump signing the deal with China once the general rolls around to all but seal his re-election. Team Red will hail it as the greatest deal ever and Team Blue will call it a sellout to China. The voters will decide.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #51
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Where do you think tariffs are costing each of us hundreds of dollars? I just bought a 2020 Toyota Avalon this month and I got a great deal on it. Didn't they say something about car prices increasing? I sure didn't see that. I was in Home Depot working on my many home improvements and looked at the washer and dryers. They had great prices on them. I thought this was another thing Americans would not be able to afford with the tariffs.
I didn't see that at Home Depot.

Quote:

GDP nowhere near the predicted 3.0%.

Manufacturing in recession.

Deficit expected to hit $1 trillion in 2020.

Tax reform package great for the rich, not so great for those others.

Stock market soaring but only 54% of the people in this country have money in the stock market -- the upper income 54%.

Tariffs are costing each of us several hundreds of dollars each year they remain in affect.

Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:02 PM   #52
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
I'm no Milton Freidman and perhaps I view the economy different than others but I think the stock market and the housing markets in tandem are great barometers. Someone else may want to look at other numbers. As to the deficit sure it is up, it's also gone up historically under most past presidents and will continue to. Just like in NYC there is a ticker in Frankfurt and even if the taxi flies by it you can't help but notice the ticks rapidly increasing by the second faster than the meter ticks off an 1/8 of a km. It's the nature of the world economy; deficits climbing. The dollar is also very strong, although I would like to see a 1-1 x-change with the Euro I was paying close to a buck-30 for a Euro in early 2017 , now 1.10. A 20 cent drop is significant.

I will not buy this bullshit spewing out of Erin Burnett's mouth or Don Lemon's crocodile tears that Americans on Main Street are eating cans of SPAM nor will I buy the bullshit from Tucker and Co. that the Coal Industry is booming like the golden days. The truth is somewhere in between. The voters will decide the ' true numbers' for manufacturing, industry and agriculture in the states that matter.

Yes, you are correct the rich are getting richer and those in 2016 who could afford the finest Rib Eye steak at the steakhouse can now afford to add on the Lobster Tail but at the same time job growth is high, unemployment is down and opportunities for Main Street are there. The very restaurant the shareholders are eating steaks in also have 'now hiring' for the jobs on the floor and in the back of the kitchen because the shareholders are eating there in the first place. Unfortunately too many folks want to bitch (not saying you are by any means) rather than seek out opportunity. Although much is reinvested in to portfolios as stockholders realize massive gains much is also poured in to the local economies. Even the bond funds are up and normally bonds and stocks don't move together, this bull run however is different as both are headed north. Yes, the economy fucking sucks! IMHO the 54% also feed the other 46%.

I can only ask myself how I am doing compared to four years ago and that is how I will vote and I think when most folks walk in the booths in November they will do the same. Those numbers will be hard; not skewed by any political parties angling from different directions using only numbers that bolster their political preferences.

I agree with you on the tariffs not being good but I also see Trump signing the deal with China once the general rolls around to all but seal his re-election. Team Red will hail it as the greatest deal ever and Team Blue will call it a sellout to China. The voters will decide.
First, the deficit being so high has never happened in times when the economy is doing so well. This deficit is unprecedented.

I am retired on a fixed income. A very nice fixed income but fixed never the less. My social security gets a little bump from a COLA but my other sources of income do not. So my economic position, and that of most other retirees, worsened during 2019.

The 46% who do not have investments in the stock market are by no means dependent on others. They are the average middle of the middle class and below who fight to pay their bills each month and have little left after doing so. They received next to nothing with the tax reform package.

All I'm saying is that the economy is not bright for everyone out there.

And as important as the economy is to most, there are several other issues that will impact the votes come November.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #53
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Where do you think tariffs are costing each of us hundreds of dollars? I just bought a 2020 Toyota Avalon this month and I got a great deal on it. Didn't they say something about car prices increasing? I sure didn't see that. I was in Home Depot working on my many home improvements and looked at the washer and dryers. They had great prices on them. I thought this was another thing Americans would not be able to afford with the tariffs.
I didn't see that at Home Depot.
I don't know why tariffs imposed on goods made in China would impact the price of a Toyota. Your Toyota Avalon was probably built in Georgetown, Kentucky. Tariffs had zero impact on the price you paid. However, there is a good chance that in the future the newly approved USMCA will raise car prices.

You have to know the price of goods such as washers/dryers imported from China before the tariffs versus what they are today. I bought a washer about a year ago at Lowes to replace an LG washer which served me very well. Since Trump imposed a 20% tariff on washing machines made outside the U.S., the cost of a new LG washing machine was now much higher than those made in the U.S.

This is why, luckily for Trump. tariffs are called a "hidden tax". Most people don't realize how much the tariffs are costing them.

"President Trump’s tariffs on imported washing machines cost U.S. consumers about $1.5 billion a year, according to new research.

The paper released Monday found the tariffs raised the price of washing machines by 12%.

The prices of dryers, which weren’t subject to the tariffs but are often sold together with washers, also rose about the same amount, according to the research by Aaron Flaaen, a Federal Reserve economist; Ali Hortaçsu and Felix Tintelnot, both of the University of Chicago."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/consume...ds-11555936276

If you want to see the estimated impact of ALL the tariffs imposed by Trump on people in this country, read the Executive Summary contained in the following article. Impacts per year on a family of four range from $767 to $2389 depending on the extent of tariffs imposed. Luckily for us the tariffs on China proposed by Trump to go into affect at the end of 2019 were delayed.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/consume...ds-11555936276

"Trump’s Tariffs Were Supposed to Ding China, But the U.S. Economy Is Getting Hit 2.5x Harder"

https://fortune.com/2019/10/08/trump...conomy-impact/
Old 02-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #54
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...r-trump-109668

Why USMCA won't win Michigan for Trump

The president is touting the auto jobs his new North American trade deal will provide, but the hiring is expected to be minimal in the short term.

President Donald Trump is banking that his bipartisan victory in replacing the original NAFTA will win him votes among the same manufacturing workers that helped him clinch the presidency in 2016.

In truth, the rules in Trump’s new trade deal will create a small number of auto jobs in places like Warren — and it’ll take years for those to appear. The latest economic statistics also show that manufacturing is being hurt because of a weaker global economy and trade war uncertainties.

In December, manufacturing employment nationally fell by 12,000 jobs. Growth in the industry has slowed with only 46,000 jobs added in 2019 — in contrast with the 264,000 jobs added in 2018.

Those numbers could complicate Trump’s pitch that his disruptive trade policies are delivering results, especially as many Michigan voters have been hurt in the crossfire of the president’s trade war with China and other trading partners.

In 2019, Michigan businesses paid an extra $1.9 billion in tariffs, largely as a result of the administration’s trade war with China, according to numbers from the Tariffs Hurt the Heartland business campaign.

On Thursday, the latest data showed the the economy grew only 2.1 percent in the fourth quarter and just 2.3 percent for all of 2019. That's a slowdown from the increase in the previous year and well below Trump's promise of economic gains above 3 percent.

And anyone who paid attention in history class could tell you that protectionist trade policies often do more harm than good. Too bad Trump was such a poor history student. And he also won't admit that exporters don't pay tariffs - importers do, to the detriment of our economy.

Bloomberg in Michigan:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...it/4622741002/

Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg will visit Michigan on Tuesday, providing a counterpoint to the State of the Union address by President Donald Trump.

The former New York City mayor will attend an organizing event at the Eastern, a conference and banquet facility at Eastern Market in Detroit.

It's another signal that Bloomberg intends to take Michigan, a key battleground in the 2020 elections, seriously. He has largely ignored the first four caucus and primary states — Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada — to concentrate on the 14 states that will cast ballots on Super Tuesday on March 3, and Michigan, which will hold its presidential primary on March 10.

"There is too much at stake to risk another four years of Donald Trump as he undermines the economic security of working families across the state," said Charly Norton, spokeswoman for Bloomberg's campaign in Michigan.

His campaign has more than 60 paid staffers in Michigan and he already has spent more than $7 million on television advertising in the state. Bloomberg also has a 7-point lead in a head-to-head matchup with Trump in the state, according to a poll released earlier this month by EPIC-MRA of Lansing that shows the former mayor gaining ground with independents, moderates and other key constituencies.

Jesus on a stick! Could it be that Bloomberg's strategy is working to some extent?
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:43 AM   #55
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Cool Juss keep'n it real...

Quote:
...Do you think he really gives a shit about the Jews...

Psssst, his kids are Jewish.

P.S. After last two nights - it is over
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:49 AM   #56
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default The better question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
Could it be that Bloomberg's strategy is working to some extent?

Isn't the better question really: Just how deeply flawed is the Demonicrat field that they have to roll out an old, white guy, corporate, billionaire as their candidate?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:03 AM   #57
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Isn't the better question really: Just how deeply flawed is the Demonicrat field that they have to roll out an old, white guy, corporate, billionaire as their candidate?
Old white guy? Corporate billionaire? I assume you are talking about Donald Trump.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:22 AM   #58
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Short man bad

Quote:
Old white guy? Corporate billionaire?...

Short man bad. Well... we're still working on the slogan...
Old 02-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #59
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Short man bad. Well... we're still working on the slogan...:
Mike Bloomberg - 5' 8
Lindsey Graham - 5' 7
Mitch McConnell - 5' 9
Rand Paul - 5' 8
U.S. Average Male - 5' 9

Good luck on the slogan. Ours is "Pathological Liar Bad"
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:32 AM   #60
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Ha! We just got the best advertising last night on hate. Trump could not have done it better. He showed what hypocrites the dems really are. Pulosi is a nasty animal.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women