Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160564
Yssup Rider59923
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47542
pyramider46370
bambino40321
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 11-22-2023, 12:40 PM   #46
TMNT LEO
Valued Poster

Encounters: 50

Still can’t believe it happened! I spent all my hobby money on merchandise! ����
TMNT LEO is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 03:29 PM   #47
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
I went to the parade with some family that wanted to go. It was cool to have a big celebration for this city that put so much of its heart and soul into this team (unlike the Cowboys, who still belong to Dallas imo).

The traffic getting there was manageable for those who know the side roads and didn’t wait until the last minute. The Cowboys opened up more of their lots than originally reported, so we had no issues finding a parking spot not too far from the parade route.

The parade itself took way too long. It got started on time, but after the marching bands there was a wait before the requisite politicos drove by, then more time passed, then trucks with Rangers employees, then a truck here and there with front office, then finally players…one per truck for the most part. Finally the starters, one per pickup (with family).

It took two frigging hours, when it could have been over in a half hour. Thank god the weather was perfect.

Once Bochy drove by with the trophy, half the crowd headed towards Texas Live where the big stage was, but we headed the other way with what appeared to be the other half of the crowd, towards our cars. Getting out of the entertainment district took as long as you might imagine in a city with that many people and no mass transit (and most of the attendees not even living in the city). I heard there was some gunplay in one of the parking lots near us…no surprise, as that was the worst part of the whole experience.

Still, I’m glad I went. The crowd was friendly and in good spirits. Despite waiting for hours, and some over night, there was plenty energy for the stars as they drive by. I imagine if they win another, the city will learn from this parade (assuming they have another in arlington), but the emotion won’t be the same. This was catharsis for a fan base that won’t be matched unless it takes another 50 years.

My parents were quite the baseball fans, my 92 yo mother still watches every game.

I was a little boy when they took me to my first game, in the initial year in town in the putrid place that was Arlington Stadium. Dad bought me a Rangers ballcap that I still cherish to this day.

I remember Ted Ford the instant hero, with his timely GW HR.
I saw David Clyde pitch, and Billy Martin manage. I lived only a couple of blocks north of the BPIA in the late 90s and would frequently go and buy a nice ticket from a season ticket holder who had extras.

So I saw Pudge, Gonzo, and the rest of those 90s teams that could never get past the Yankees in the playoffs.

2010 and 2011 especially broke our hearts. This run was completely unexpected and the rookie, Carter, just played out of his mind. Was watching in a local bar and cried like a bitch when they clinched, I was so damn happy, and I was far from the only big guy moved to tears.

We all hugged and cried some more, and drank till we stank. Sometimes things can work out.
Look-at-Stupid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women