Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
WetVelvetSAT
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 12217
My ECCIE Reviews
Default ***Getting A phone flashed!***

Hi,

Does anyone know about getting a phone flashed? I got a new phone and got it flashed with my number but I don't have the same features as the original phone and both of my phones ring at the same time....how could this be a good thing?

Please enlightening on the good and bad of flashing phones, please!

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=222238

Sincerely,
Wet
WetVelvetSAT is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetVelvetSAT View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know about getting a phone flashed? I got a new phone and got it flashed with my number but I don't have the same features as the original phone and both of my phones ring at the same time....how could this be a good thing?

Please enlightening on the good and bad of flashing phones, please!

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=222238

Sincerely,
Wet
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
jframe2
Valued Poster

Hi,
"Flashing" a smart-phone can mean several things. Could you give us an idea of what was done to your phone that you are referring to as "flashing"?

And maybe a little more information as to what it is doing now after flashing that you are having trouble with? Also, type of phone, etc.
Thanks,
jframe2
Technology and good coffee are two of my three favorite things in the morning!
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
WetVelvetSAT
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews
Default ***Hi***

Hi,

Thanks for replying jframe2

I went to one of those "used" phone stores and bought a older slide motorola phone (needed it for texting) and they said they could flash it for me (so I didn't have to take it back to a cricket store to get it reset) so I paid them 70 bucks for the phone and to have it "flashed"..thinking it would save me some extra foot work but now I think I made a bad decision.

1. I can't use my browser that I pay a fee for

2. It doesn't ring if the original phone is powered off

3. Both phones ring on incoming messages and calls when they are powered on

4. I can answer either phone when it rings...

So now, I found out these stores are run by "bad" ventures.... I have gone ahead an signed up with a "real" cellular carrier for my personal cell phone.

Thanks for you help! I was trying to save myself some $ by not buying a high priced phone (for hobbying, might have to toss it) from cricket and no I don't have a iphone or smart phone yet....$$$$$$

Sincerely,
Wet
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
WetVelvetSAT
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews
Default ***Nevermind***

I found my answer...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100604181128AA29nm C

A partial flash is when you basically just reprogram the phone to connect to a different carrier. This can sometimes be as simple as accessing your phones service menu to enter the correct information, but usually it requires flashing whats called a Preferred Roaming List or prl file. This is a list of cell tower IDs that the carrier your looking to use runs their network on. Partial flashes only reprogram your phones technical settings so it connects to your desired carrier. They do not rewrite any system software to your phone. i.e. you have a Verizon phone and I flash a Cricket PRL to it and point its settings to Cricket's network. Bang, your phone is now on cricket, but it still has Verizon's software on it, and still appears to be a Verizon phone. This is why it's called a partial flash. You usually only get part of the functionality you would have if the phone had Cricket's software on it instead of Verizon's.

Sincerely,
Wet
Old 05-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #6
jframe2
Valued Poster

Dear WetVelvet,
The answer from Yahoo is very accurate as to what flashing is. And from that answer and how you described your problem. It sounds like the "flashed" phone was not compatible with your current phone network.

If you are going to go for a complete new setup for the hobby, you might consider a smartphone and then get a google voice number. It has its drawbacks in that there is a paper trail from your original phone service provider to/from the google number which is not useful for those that have SO's and family plan phones, etc. But you only have one phone. And it has other cool features as well.

If you are looking for a smartphone, go to Wirefly.com. They have incredible deals on phones including free phones with new service.

Sounds like you are back in the game.
Play safe,
Jframe2 aka Pinky the Bull!!
Technology and good coffee are two of my three of my favorite things in the morning.
PS- you are a gorgeous woman and would love to show you around KC.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
WetVelvetSAT
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews
Default ***You read my mind...!***

Hi,

Yes, I'm going for another setup for the hobby. I went to Cricket to see if I could get the "new" phone added to my account and they said they couldn't add it nor could they tell that I had another phone connected to my number, which is a very bad thing!

I found out anyone can buy a phone and have it flashed to certain carriers such as Cricket and carriers like Cricket can't even tell that someone has flashed/cloned your number....that is very dangerous.....especially if you have enemies or LE is after you...

Be careful if you have a cricket phone! I'm glad I found out now.....

And thank you for the compliment! I will hold you to that offer once I decided to leave Texas.....I have noticed KC has a very "live" hobby world.... You guys are catching up to SA.... way to go!

Sincerely,
Wet

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women