Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452912
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47496
pyramider46370
bambino40304
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Default Wisc Democrat's Votes No Longer Count

Just in case anyone was still in doubt about how screwed up the situation is in Wisconsin, our Republican Senate leader yesterday announced that the votes of Democratic senators will no longer be counted. He says that this is because the Democrats are in "contempt of the Senate", but doesn't explain exactly why they are in contempt or how they can go about curing that contempt and getting their vote back or even how being in contempt means that your vote won't be counted. The Republicans have, in effect, simply seized dictatorial power here. They're not even pretending any more.

So after all the whining about the democratic process and how the Republicans are just trying to get the Dem's to "do their job" we finally get to see exactly what the meaning of democracy is to right-wingers in Wisconsin. I can't wait to hear how certain members of this forum decide to defend this one!

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Their votes didn't count anyway. The Reps have a super-majority.

It only applied to Committee meetings because they are in contempt of the Senate until they attend a session. And he did say how to cure it -- they have to attend a session.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...tory?track=rss

Drink your coffee and relax. The Huns are not yet at the gates.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Marshall
BANNED

Another misinformed liberal/progressive/leftist.....sad how their opinions are molded by emotion rather than intellect......
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Another misinformed liberal/progressive/leftist.....sad how their opinions are molded by emotion rather than intellect......
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Come on PJ. Linking to a comment in a news story to support your point? You're better than that.

In Wisconsin it's the executive session where things get done. If you can't vote in executive session then nothing else matters. There's rarely any floor debate under the system we use up here. Bills are moved to the point where they can no longer be amended during committee session. If you can't vote in committee you might as well not even bother to come. In fact, there's only 14 times in the whole year where the Senate actually has a floor period. Our legislature just doesn't work like that. Note that the budget bill was dealt with in executive session of a joint committee, not on the actual floor.

Also contrary to the link you posted, a member who is held in contempt is only released from contempt when a majority of the senate votes to do so. That means this order is in effect for as long as the Republicans feel like it, not at the start of the next floor session (which isn't, btw, for another two weeks).

There is also no rule that says that you can't vote or otherwise participate in legislative business while under a contempt resolution. I can't even imagine a rule that would allow a legislative officer's vote to go unrecorded. It's a basic premise of democracy that your representative gets to represent you, isn't it?

Basically, the Republicans are just making all of this up as they go along (which includes the original contempt resolutions which created a new rule and held the Dem's in contempt of it on the same day). It's just ridiculous.

The point of this latest move is apparently to advance all legislative business in the senate up to the point where the bills can no longer be amended. Since the Dem's can't vote they can't even slow down the process. They are simply shoving everything down the pipe as fast as they can before the recall elections can occur.

That's not democracy. It's just shameful.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Who let HerFaceChair back in the room?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazomaniac View Post
Yeah, I knew this guy reminded me of someone. I'm going to ask the Mods to check it out.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Basically, the Republicans are just making all of this up as they go along (which includes the original contempt resolutions which created a new rule and held the Dem's in contempt of it on the same day). It's just ridiculous.
So what you are saying then is that karma is a bitch.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

PJ, if you were an equal opportunity libertarian, you'd be as outraged at this as you are at the passage of Obama's Healthcare package. You talked about the Dems shoving that "POS" down the Rep's throats without debate, etc.

Well, I guess when the Reps do it, we see your true colors. You like to paint yourself as a libertarian, but I bet you are a true blue, take-no-prisoners republican at heart. You should just own up to it here.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
OK, now that's just weird.

I posted the same line in Chucks' earthquake thread at almost the exact moment you put it here.

If you and I are starting to think alike then I'm just going to go out and put a bullet in my head right now before I start doing some serious damage to society.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
Marshall
BANNED

Quote:
Typical comment from the left....insults...personal attacks...no facts....no logical analysis
Marshall is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #12
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
Typical comment from the left....insults...personal attacks...no facts....no logical analysis
So being "new" around here just how did you know that linking you to HerFaceChair was an insult?

Mod to aisle seven please. Mod to aisle seven.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #13
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
PJ, if you were an equal opportunity libertarian, you'd be as outraged at this as you are at the passage of Obama's Healthcare package. You talked about the Dems shoving that "POS" down the Rep's throats without debate, etc.

Well, I guess when the Reps do it, we see your true colors. You like to paint yourself as a libertarian, but I bet you are a true blue, take-no-prisoners republican at heart. You should just own up to it here.
I said in the other thread that this was the same as the Dems cramming down the PoS Obamacare. What more do you want me to do. However, that being said I certainly do get a hell of a lot more outraged over the government trying to take over 14% of GDP than I do over cutting out an inside deal with government. Remember, my team is for smaller government. If it advances that goal, I'm good. Tactics aside.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
No, had you read his thoughts on Karma....you would know that it only could be a bitch, it does not have to be!

Quote:
Come on Gen Marshell.....admit you are at least a second cousin to Herfaceinchair!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
pjorourke
Valued Poster

WTF, do you have a posting limit in effect today? What does mine have to do with the other two?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women