Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #16
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
We’re just collateral for the Fed and Central Banking system. Have been for a century. They print cash, our taxes pay the fig.
You mean "vig"?

Quote:
Only 9% of the Covid package actually went to Covid related issues. Only 15% of the “Infrastructure” package goes to actual infrastructure projects. That’s why folks are angry. But sooner or later, the Piper will come knocking. It won’t be pretty.
I'm sure you remember TARP and all the "shovel ready" jobs that were rarely created. This is the same thing but worse.

Supposedly the Dims are looking at forgiving $50K in student loans. Already a high percentage are already in default. Talked to a guy who said he knew a guy (I think he was talking about himself) that said he had reached an agreement to pay $38 in perpetuity for a $50K student loan.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 PM   #17
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
I think we just cut every elected politicians office staff down to half of what they have to start.
Then get the federal debt limit fixed so it can never be increased again.

Oh, wait, those are only possible in an alternate universe.
I would get rid of these people first. There’s 8000 of them making at least 125k a year. Deep State nobodies.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...utive-service/
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:38 PM   #18
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

It used to be "tax and spend" or "spend and tax" liberals, vs. "small government" conservatives. The thinking is not that way anymore. The thinking is now:

debt is only a problem if it becomes too big for your balance sheet. America has not yet reached that point, with the huge trillion dollar economy. So we easily service the debt burden.

now sports teams get money for stadiums by having the local governments tax the people that come in from out of town....thereby having no tax burden added to the local people....in effect, for free......except the local government must pay if not enough revenue comes in from the out of towners

People like free stuff. And governments have figured out a way to do it.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:50 PM   #19
bill sins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

When the Chinese come storming ashore in Cali, South Carolina and Florida they will cancel the national debt. The "people of color" think the white boys treated them badly wait until those yellow guys get a holt of there ass'.
bill sins is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:26 PM   #20
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
It used to be "tax and spend" or "spend and tax" liberals, vs. "small government" conservatives. The thinking is not that way anymore. The thinking is now:

debt is only a problem if it becomes too big for your balance sheet. America has not yet reached that point, with the huge trillion dollar economy. So we easily service the debt burden.

now sports teams get money for stadiums by having the local governments tax the people that come in from out of town....thereby having no tax burden added to the local people....in effect, for free......except the local government must pay if not enough revenue comes in from the out of towners

People like free stuff. And governments have figured out a way to do it.
There are probably only two people on this board, LustyLad and CaptainMidnight, who actually understand this. And I believe their points of view are closer to yours than mine.

How can government debt as a % of GDP exceed 200% in Japan, yet it still coasts along? Meanwhile all hell breaks lose in some developing countries at much lower levels. I've read that the Japanese government debt is mostly owned by Japanese, and it's the external debt (debt owed to foreigners, including corporate and individual debt) that gets places like Venezuela into trouble. It would seem to me that we're more like Venezuela than Japan in that respect. Our continual current account or trade deficits, that result from us buying a lot more from the rest of the world than what we sell to it, means foreigners own a good bit of our debt.

Anyway, it's beyond my pay grade. All I know is with huge expenditures we're incurring in 2020 and 2021, our net national government debt (net of the federal debt owned by the Fed) would have to go over 100% of GDP by the end of this year, if it hasn't already. And while that's not unprecedented -- there are some sickly countries in Europe like Greece, Italy and Portugal that have already reached that point -- it's scary. We don't have Japanese savers happy with 0% interest rates or hard working Germans to bail us out.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #21
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
There are probably only two people on this board, LustyLad and CaptainMidnight, who actually understand this. And I believe their points of view are closer to yours than mine.

How can government debt as a % of GDP exceed 200% in Japan, yet it still coasts along? Meanwhile all hell breaks lose in some developing countries at much lower levels. I've read that the Japanese government debt is mostly owned by Japanese, and it's the external debt (debt owed to foreigners, including corporate and individual debt) that gets places like Venezuela into trouble. It would seem to me that we're more like Venezuela than Japan in that respect. Our continual current account or trade deficits, that result from us buying a lot more from the rest of the world than what we sell to it, means foreigners own a good bit of our debt.

Anyway, it's beyond my pay grade. All I know is with huge expenditures we're incurring in 2020 and 2021, our net national government debt (net of the federal debt owned by the Fed) would have to go over 100% of GDP by the end of this year, if it hasn't already. And while that's not unprecedented -- there are some sickly countries in Europe like Greece, Italy and Portugal that have already reached that point -- it's scary. We don't have Japanese savers happy with 0% interest rates or hard working Germans to bail us out.
Don’t flatter yourself. Many people understand what’s going on. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we’re spending ourselves into oblivion.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #22
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Don’t flatter yourself. Many people understand what’s going on. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we’re spending ourselves into oblivion.
Flatter myself? I said I was ignorant.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #23
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Flatter myself? I said I was ignorant.
You said only a few people would understand what you posted, lusty Lad and Captain Midnight, Yeah? I posted a concise point of view. We’re spending ourselves into oblivion. It’s common sense and not difficult to understand. But I do agree with you, what’s happening is above your pay grade, and everyone else on this board too.,
Old 04-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #24
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You said only a few people would understand what you posted, lusty Lad and Captain Midnight, Yeah? I posted a concise point of view. We’re spending ourselves into oblivion. It’s common sense and not difficult to understand. But I do agree with you, what’s happening is above your pay grade
No, I posted that I think LustyLad and CaptainMidnight would say we're not necessarily spending ourselves into oblivion -- I think their view is closer to VitaMan's than mine.

I think like you do that we are. But LL and CM are smarter than us, on this anyway.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:01 PM   #25
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

It is over 8 years, not like it is 1 year of spending.

US has enormous amounts of "tech debt", shit needs to get fixed or it just gets worse.

Quote:
OK, The COVID relief bill just passed will cost 1.9 trillion. Biden has just proposed another 2.2 trillion for Democratic priorities and infrastructure, and reportedly will propose another 2 trillion spending bill in April for more Democratic Party priorities. That adds up to about 6 trillion in round numbers.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Joe Manchin believe the $2.2 trillion just announced is too low. AOC wants it upped to $10 trillion and Manchin wants $4 trillion.

And then there's the Green New Deal, beloved by all the progressive Democratic Politicians. The American Action Forum estimates that would take $51 trillion to $93 trillion over the next ten years.

So most of this money is supposed to come from people who make more than $1 million a year, and all of it from those who make over $400,000 per year. President Biden has promised people making less than $400,000 per year will not have their tax rates increased.

Here's a link to the IRS tax statistics:

https://www.irs.gov/statistics/soi-t...d-gross-income

The latest year available is 2018. In that year, the total taxable income of people making over $1 million per year was $1.6 trillion. If you add the amount of taxable income of people making from $500,000 to a million a year, that goes up to $2.3 trillion.

However, these people are already paying a large % of their income in federal and state income taxes to help pay for existing programs. Let's say 30% of their income to be conservative -- I'm pretty sure it's more than that. That means if you take every dime they make, that they're not already paying in taxes, you end up with $1.1 trillion ($1 million cutoff) or $1.6 trillion ($500,000 cutoff) to pay for all this shit the Democratic Party politicians are proposing.

There's a snowball's chance in hell these politicians can do what they want to do by just taxing the rich.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #26
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
It is over 8 years, not like it is 1 year of spending.

US has enormous amounts of "tech debt", shit needs to get fixed or it just gets worse.
That's true of the "infrastructure" spending, but not the COVID handouts, err, sorry, COVID relief. And you start implementing the Green New Deal and you're looking at double digit budget deficits as a % of GDP as far as the eye can see.

What's tech debt?
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:05 PM   #27
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
No, I posted that I think LustyLad and CaptainMidnight would say we're not necessarily spending ourselves into oblivion -- I think their view is closer to VitaMan's than mine.

I think like you do that we are. But LL and CM are smarter than us, on this anyway.
I doubt LL approves of wasteful spending on liberal wishlists. Which these bills are. I could be wrong. I’ll wait for him to chime in. It’s unsustainable. No matter what. Some funny things are happening. Putin wants to get Russia out of the central banking system. He doesn’t want his people to be slaves. Those are his words. Interesting yeah?
Old 04-01-2021, 09:10 PM   #28
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
I doubt LL approves of wasteful spending on liberal wishlists. Which these bills are. I could be wrong. I’ll wait for him to chime in. It’s unsustainable. No matter what.
They both strongly disapprove of wasteful spending on liberal wish lists. I just think they believe the deficits are more sustainable than you and I do, based on what they've written here.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:20 PM   #29
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
They both strongly disapprove of wasteful spending on liberal wish lists. I just think they believe the deficits are more sustainable than you and I do, based on what they've written here.
Well, we’ve just added 2 trillion more and probably another 2 trillion on top of the 2 trillion last year. Maybe they changed their minds.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:22 PM   #30
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Putin wants to get Russia out of the central banking system. He doesn’t want his people to be slaves. Those are his words. Interesting yeah?
Is he talking about making it where Russia won't participate in the international payments system, where dollars are used to settle transactions? I think the U.S.A. has used that to impose sanctions on Russians and companies that do business with Russia. Or is he talking about taking away the power of the Russian central bank and putting the country on something like the gold standard?
Tiny is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women