Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59894
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47502
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 05-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
mrbig2284
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
Default oil spill/golden leak?????

a crazy old self proclaimed coon ass, i work with was telling me that he tought the on going oil spill was a plan by the cajuns to bring attention to the state,(kinda like ms did after katrina) and to create jobs for cajuns,while taking jobs away from fellow coon asses and asians who work the fishing industry....... i tried to reason with him... but since i am not apart of all that i just listened...... i just figured i would share what was shared with me...... if you have any theories or opinions please share...
mrbig2284 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Outdoorsman
Ambassador

Encounters: 23

It is an accident, Do you know how much money BP is losing and how much money it will lose? Do you know how much the stock has fallen? I even heard that Obama planned this to try and take over oil companies, Please people, think a little. No one planted anything, it is a catastrophe that has no plan for a fix. Bp is reacting too slowly and will not recover fully just that plain and simple. Look at Exxon, never has recovered from pre-Valdez days. The slow reaction has caused public to spend less with Exxon, I predict same thing with BP.

IMHO - it was a horrific accident and a contingency BP never thought could happen, so no plan exists to correct it. Bu do something BP!!!! Cause if not it is business suicide.

Just my .02
Outdoorsman is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
mrbig2284
Valued Poster

What would benefit obama to take over one oil company?????? when bush tried to take over a whole country worth of oil, and that didn't even put a dent in what I pay for gas........ if they wanna do something... they will invest in better platform design instead of saving money by reusing older platforms or stopping drilling in the gulf Alltogether.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Hangtime
Gaining Momentum

Default Exxon-Mobil?

Exxon has never recovered from the pre Valdez days?????

Exxon-Mobil recorded record profits for a U.S. company - $45.2B for fiscal year 2008. This included a record $14.8B profit for the 3RD quarter of 2008.

Exxon-Mobil is world's largest publicly traded oil company and their financial performance has varied through the years with the main impact on their profits being the price of crude and, of late, the impact of the global recession.
Hangtime is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
brother
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

no need to worry. BP will be find next year at this time that well will have made that money back.
brother is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
ashwednesday666
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Thanks for sharing.
ashwednesday666 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
mrbig2284
Valued Poster

I know this is no laughing matter. But the story the guy told me I know was funny...... because it blows my mind how people create these crazy ideas that make no since... but since make them out to be tru ...in there mind
Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
Ziel
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 12

the sad part about this is how bad things happened when they did not need to. I have worked for oil companies for years and a main client is BP. They are all gun ho about saftey, but in real life they are cutting ever corner they can.

They have 5 pages of saftey meetings you have to go do just to change a cable line, but if they are in a pinch for time they will have us do very unsafe and dangers things. I remember we should stop coring in two meter seas because of the danger of a false trigger can very easy kill multi people on the back of vessel. They had us pushing and coring in five meter seas and we had three incidents were people were almost severally hurt. I was about one inch from losing my head. It was by pure luck that I did not die that day or at least been crippled for life.

They had me get writed up when I refuse to go back and continue operations, even after I told them multi times I was shutting things down for safety reasons. 10to1 they were doing or pushing the rig to hard trying to make a dead line and blown a pipe leading to this whole thing
Ziel is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
stavinChain
Ribbed, for her pleasure.

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbig2284 View Post
if you have any theories or opinions please share...
Yes, I have a theory.

"There is no limit to some people's stupidity."

Of course, it's just a theory, I could be wrong...
stavinChain is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #10
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

LOL this is so funny! Next please.
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
guest051312
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

I bet BP has huge insurance coverage for just this kinda thing and it will have caps on them. Then the feds and states will have to go after them for the rest.
Alot of my friends are in the fishing biz and they are planning on sueing BP for lost wages and such already.
Exxon has recovered to become one of the biggest in the world.
guest051312 is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
Lust at first Sight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Heres an interesting theory I heard from my time in Gulf shores, AL:

Ppl Here seems to believe that the incident was an act of retaliation by some environmental groups to Obama's signing to allow more offshore drilling. Its supposed to be minor and only to scare the coast and wasn't supposed to result in this big of a disaster.

Sound far-fetched to me though.
Lust at first Sight is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #13
mrbig2284
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmsouth View Post
I bet BP has huge insurance coverage for just this kinda thing and it will have caps on them. Then the feds and states will have to go after them for the rest.
Alot of my friends are in the fishing biz and they are planning on sueing BP for lost wages and such already.
Exxon has recovered to become one of the biggest in the world.
please if you have any reason for signing up on a class action law suit against bp....then sign up. i worked for exxon for a year in 2008, and during that time someone keep leaking some kind of chemical while we were working. last year someone filled a class action suite against them. i was out of town when they mailed me the invite to join,my old lady didnt tell me it came. she just filled it out and sent it back. a few months later a fat ass check showed up in my mailbox out of the blue........ got me a new 4x4 dodge
Old 05-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
MrGiz
BANNED

I can understand everyone jumping on BP.... it's their oil. But why haven't we heard more real "blame" placed on the actual company doing the drilling.... TransOcean ?

As usual. with our "press" involved.... we are getting the story from one of the most "ignorant" segments of our society!!

Giz
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #15
joeblows19
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

the actual company, I believe was haliburton, they were casing as far as I know. The well was done. And equipment failure is to blame as far as I know.
I've heard some very disturbing stories. Explosions big enough to cave in steel walls, glass, desks, everything flying in offices.
A particular one of a friends boss getting both legs broken by flying debris.
joeblows19 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women