Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh
Coed Discussions - Pittsburgh Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160684
Yssup Rider60002
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35425
Mojojo33117

Old 12-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Pistolero
Bang! Bang an Ambassador

Encounters: 8
Default What does a mod do?

Before we give a primer, AGAIN, everyone read every fucking word of the following link.

http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

There seem to some people on here who have a distorted idea of what the mod duties are. We have various housekeeping duties such as approving reviews and setting up verified providers.

Other than that, our only job is to make sure the guidelines are followed. ( Did you read the fucking guidelines?????????) These are not rules. There are very few rules on Eccie. But there are a number of guidelines.

Is there a guideline that says you can not be a dumbshit poster? NO.
Is there a guideline that says you can not be an obnoxious poster? NO.
Is there a guideline that says you can not have fun. NO.
Is there a guideline that says you have to only discuss hobby topics? NO

Is there a guideline that says you can call people names? NO
Is there a guideline that says you can can be a buffoon? NO
Is there a guideline that says you can not have a clique of butt buddies? NO
Is there a guideline that says you have to agree with all comments made by anyone? NO

Is there a guideline that says you can only post in your hometown forum? NO
Is there a guideline that says you can not be a prick or bitch? NO

Anyone getting the idea yet?

The mods are here for housekeeping, to enforce the nuclear rules and make sure the guidelines are followed. Since they are guidelines, there is leeway in how things are handled. Each city forum on Eccie has it's own mods and each mod makes his own determination of how tight the guidelines are to rules. The2dogs sees things different than how I do. I see them different than him. I may discipline someone where he would not have. I might give a 2 point infraction where he would use a 10 point.

If we both interpreted the guidelines as rules, you would not want to be here. It would be very, very boring.

Some people seem to think that others get away with all kind of things. HA! I gave out points to 7 different people yesterday in the Pgh forums. And only those people knew they got them.

Since some people seem to need to be spoon fed, we do not just ban someone unless they break the rules. Our thoughts about you do not make us ban anyone. If we ban anyone, we have to fill out paperwork , which the owner reads. If someone should not have been banned, he checks it out. All bans are posted for all of Eccie staff to see.

Also, all points are posted for all Eccie mods to read. If you accumulate 25 points, then you get to take a 90 day vacation ( ban) from Eccie. Our point system starts at 2 points, so it could take some time for some one to reach this point. There are a number of posters in Pgh who could leave us with a couple more stupid posts.

And that is what points are given for. Stupid posts which do not follow guidelines.

So, it is time to stop the stupid posts. Points can be awarded for drunk posts.

And this is a warning for anyone making stupid posts. Make sure you know what you are talking about. before you accuse me of not doing my job. The disrespect to mod points are not 2 pointers.

http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

Pistolero ( The2dogs is welcome to edit my post and sign it if he wants) ( like I said, we not bound to agree completely)
Pistolero is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Do we have to take breathelizers when we login now?
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
eaglehorse
Valued Poster

Bam, no breathelizers, just cavity search.
eaglehorse is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Do we have to take breathelizers when we login now?
Points for drunk posts are awarded, not given....didnt you read the post? That being said you should probably have a blow-n-go installed on most items you own LMAO
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Pistolero
Bang! Bang an Ambassador

#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

Do not hijack this thread. Serious replies only. You are welcome to start your own thread.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #6
bambino
Valued Poster

Pistolero is Da Man!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

So how many of those 7 people did not deserve any points Pistolero?

How many total points have you issued "by mistake" and before reading the ENTIRE thread?

Or should I say how many other points? Hmm?
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
bambino
Valued Poster

I was drunk last night but didn't get any points. I watched the Stiller game.

Fuckin Stillers
Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
dames4u
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymaid_69 View Post

How many total points have you issued "by mistake" and before reading the ENTIRE thread?

Wow. Being a mod is truly the most thankless task on the internet. In the past I had my doubts that Pistolero or any mod from Texas could keep this board at least quasi-sane. But over the past month or so I've come to realize that everything P said in the post that started this thread is 110% true. I have learned to be patient and trust the mods to keep order and, for the most part, order has been restored.

Sexymaid has to be kidding about "undeserved " points. Anyone who can read knows what's happened to this site in the past few months: as indys slowly but surely disintegrates a clique of very upleasant people migrated from there to ECCIE. They enjoy bullying anyone who isn't in their little clique (the butt pack?). They even enjoy flirting with outing people. This resulted in the appearance of another clique who, in an effort to combat the butt pack's cyber-bullying, has become equally unpleasant. Reading through all the stupid hostile pointless threads that have become normal on here I find it hard to believe that anyone who has received points somehow didn't deserve them. And I don't think either "side" is behaving well enough not to deserve points.

I'm sorry but I for one have come to appreciate the mod's hard thankless work. The fact that almost everyone seems to be unhappy tells me that the mods are unbiased. The problem is all the hostility on here. The problem is NOT the mods' efforts to enforce the site guidelines.

If the indys folks are unhappy they might consider spending more time on indys while that site is still drawing breath (ya I know Big Stig, indys is fine, the massive criminal conspiracy trial that's unfolding is no big deal and will surely will blow over, yadda yadda yadda...you can spare us your knee-jerk defense of indys. it's implied and understood). I would think you'd want to hedge your bets and become good citizens on here as it may be the only forum left in Pittsburgh this time next year.

And the Texas folks' efforts to counter the butt pack bullying, while helpful at first, seems to have jumped the shark.

I mean enough already. Can't we all just get along?
dames4u is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
Skulker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

is that the same as what sound does a mod make...click click click click..delete
click click click click..delete
click click click click..delete
Skulker is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
OMGitsHuge
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dames4u View Post

Sexymaid has to be kidding about "undeserved " points. Anyone who can read knows what's happened
Dames.......... I don't know this for a fact but I can read and put two and two together also. A word of caution to you. Don't comment on someones avatar because before you know it they could change it and it looks like you said something totally different. Points could be awarded that are totally undeserving......... Just saying.
OMGitsHuge is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
wesmantooth
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

I can honestly say I've never been bullied on this site, solely because I could give two shits about any of the guys on this site (or any review sites) and surely have little or no desire to meet anyone from here. My only use for this site is that it provides a service and by answering threads and posting reviews honestly I hope that I can help others out.

As far as TOS is concerned, I've read the complaint against PI and if anyone thinks this guy is going to go down with the ship, then there really is no point in trying to persuade you. What they can do with the information he will in the end give up to save at least a shred of his ass, I have no idea, but I'd be a bit nervous nonetheless.
wesmantooth is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
dames4u
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesmantooth View Post
As far as TOS is concerned, I've read the complaint against PI and if anyone thinks this guy is going to go down with the ship, then there really is no point in trying to persuade you. What they can do with the information he will in the end give up to save at least a shred of his ass, I have no idea, but I'd be a bit nervous nonetheless.
Well if it's his ass they want then there isn't much he can give them to save it, is there?

And that's really a side issue, not the point of this thread. It's nice that you haven't been bullied on here. The point is that it has been going on and if you're the target it gets old fast. And I'm also speaking as someone that doesn't give a shit about what most people think. I can also take just as well as I can dish it out. But when you log on and every day the same people are attacking you without cause, it's a distraction that prevents you from participating in the site. I appreciate the fact that the mods aren't going to allow anyone to use ECCIE as a platform to attack people. That's not what the site is about and it's a shame that we need the mods to work so hard because some people refuse to play nice with others.

It would be nice if people could just stop with all the hostility. But I rest assured that if they don't they'll eventually find themselves on "vacation." So yay mods!
dames4u is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
Pistolero
Bang! Bang an Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymaid_69 View Post

I started moderating on Eraps in Feb of 2010. Then worked on Eraps and Eccie until Eraps closed.

In that time, I have reversed points given a total of twice. Once in Houston on Eccie and once in Pgh .

Neither time were they issued by "mistake" as you called it. The persons affected sent me a PM, discussed the reason, and I reversed myself. Their reasons were sound and I reconsidered.

I do not issue points lightly. There is sound reasoning where someone violated the guidelines before they are issued.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
FFH
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 13

I find it sad when grown men complain about being bullied, especially on website about hookers.

I've been made fun of, called some names, etc etc. I don't care. I give it right back. I see it as all in fun. This is a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be fun.
Some people want this site to be dead again. I have no doubt it will be. A lot of people wanted "the pack" gone from indys so they can have intelligent discussions about the hobby. I've yet to see one.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Better yet don't respond to it.

Some folks need some thicker skin.
FFH is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women