Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up #WakandaForever

WARNING: this is a Black Panther appreciation thread. If you feel a way because you have a fake tale to tell about being fake attacked by droves of angry Blacks™ while out attending a screening this weekend, then mosey on over to the Political Forum.

Otherwise, if you saw Black Panther and loved it, or kind of liked it, or even if you have mild criticisms, please share your feels. I saw it with a friend on Friday and I'm pretty certain I'll see it again while it's showing in theaters. I was completely blown away!

Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
kevcar
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Have not gone yet, but will be soon. Looking forward to it!
kevcar is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
WaywardLeo
Registered Member

Encounters: 5

This movie was amazing. It didn't feel like a Marvel or any other typical superhero movie I've ever seen. It was powerful, moving, and well crafted.

Being an African American male this movie made me personally proud. I liked Meteor Man and Blade, but this was a different level of representation. The overall message and characters were amazing. I'll being seeing it again and I plan on buying the movie when it comes out. Really good movie.
WaywardLeo is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
Danson&Highsmith
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Haven't seen it yet, but my brother said it was good. I can't wait to go see it.
Danson&Highsmith is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #5
papadee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Saw it and enjoyed it very much. Biggest difference from the other superhero movies is that it focused more on the group more than the individual. It seemed less about T'challa/Black Panther, and more about Wakanda, good & bad, as a whole. That was a surprising difference.
papadee is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
SxySpanishMia
Account Disabled

User ID: 40758
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation Warning: May contain movie spoiler alert lol

I enjoy watching movies from all sorts of ethnicities/cultures. I enjoyed the movie, the humor, the technology available in their area, and of course, the shirtless gentlemen, etc. lol

I expected the Black Panther character to be more powerful, but since his powers could be stripped by drinking something, that twist made him human like everyone else there.

Nice to see the main love interest was an African woman with darker skin tone, versus the usual black, light-skinned woman.

I'm a fan of X-Men movies because of the fight scenes, but this one was very good overall.
SxySpanishMia is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 AM   #7
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Saw it with family and friends.....great movie and I'm not a movie buff. Good plot, foundation, humor, and overall impactful of intentions. Morally sound.....all kids can learn something
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:23 AM   #8
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Despite what any says negatively, facts don't lie. #2 all time selling movie in opening weekend. So word of mouth killed it.....
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
gnadfly
Account Disabled

My wife (who is part black) saw it in North Houston on Monday. Said she couldn't enjoy it because of the behavior of the audience. People talking during the movie, often yelling across rows telling folks to shut up. People talking calls. People facetiming the movie. She said an usher came up to somebody on the phone and told them several times to put the phone away but they sat there paying them no mind.

The scariest time was when a group of people got up and started circling the seats during the movie. She couldn't figure out what that was about.

But to fit your narrative, nobody shot at the screen.

And she didn't hear any babies crying.

I'll wait until it hits netflix.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
pigvig
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

I saw it, and I thought it was a typical comic book movie. I was glad that there wasn't a tremendous amount of racebaiting. The special effects, storyline, and acting were quite good.

I gotta admit that I chuckled a bit at it being an "empowerment" movie. Frankly, the society it portrays is backward, and externally blessed(hence stereotypical). If I was on the receiving end of that stereotype, I'd be upset.

The villains weren't really villains, but portrayed as true patriots who were going down the wrong path, but for the right reason.

When I see "Superman", or "Spiderman", or "Batman", I have never identified with the superhero's race, nor did I ever have any sympathy for the villains. Frankly, this would have been more interesting if they had stuck with that formula of truly vile villains, but that is just me.

In summary, this was better than average. The propaganda angle on this wasn't hate filled, and that was appreciated. In reality, though, the financiers of this movie have figured out a way to extract a large amount of money from a small group of people, and there will be a lesson learned from its success.

Interestingly, I am a "Hancock" fan. I thought that was well done, and he was a superhero I could identify with. I know that I am in the minority on that position.
pigvig is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #11
thatdarlingone
Simone Welsh

User ID: 432273
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Haven't gone yet, but I will be going tomorrow night! So excited
thatdarlingone is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #12
thatdarlingone
Simone Welsh

User ID: 432273
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

And reading everyone's comments makes me that much more excited to go see it!
thatdarlingone is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #13
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up

Black Panther is breaking so many records and it makes me so proud and hopeful. Both when thinking specifically about the superhero genre but also representation in other film genres. The historical significance of these numbers just can't be ignored.

Quote:
“Black Panther” has earned the highest day total for a Marvel film each day for the past week, including $14.2 million on Thursday. It’s earned over $520 million globally in its first seven days and $320 million domestically. With the addition of this weekend’s number, “Black Panther” will have earned more domestically in its first two weekends than the entire run of any Marvel title from the last year, including “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2,” which earned $389 million.
They'll be getting another $13-15 dollars from me in the upcoming couple weeks. I just have to figure out when is best to enjoy it taking my tour schedule into consideration.

Box Office: ‘Black Panther’ to Snag More Than $100 Million in Second Weekend
Old 02-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #14
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru View Post
...It was powerful, moving, and well crafted.

That's an excellent point. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadee View Post
...Biggest difference from the other superhero movies is that it focused more on the group more than the individual. It seemed less about T'challa/Black Panther, and more about Wakanda, good & bad, as a whole. That was a surprising difference.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I hope you loved it. Please share your opinions if you're inclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdarlingone View Post
Haven't gone yet, but I will be going tomorrow night! So excited

Girl, who are you telling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxySpanishMia View Post
...I enjoyed the movie, the humor, the technology available in their area, and of course, the shirtless gentlemen, etc. lol

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women