Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2012 Presidential election?
(D) Barack Obama 48 51.61%
(R) Rick Perry 38 40.86%
a third party candidate 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #46
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by S O B View Post
oNE LAST POST... isn't a " Jewish state" racist? Or at least exclusionary?
Ok, one last post, fair question. No requirement to be Jewish to live there, I think close to 10%-20% of the population is Arab, they hold voting rights ( I may be wrong but Israel is I think one of the only states in the middle east that let's Arab women vote); Arabs also I believe hold some seats in government as well.

The ' Jewish State' is more of a term given to Israel and used by Israelis and internationally as well, it is the Jewish homeland but not exclusionary to Jews only by any means..
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #47
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default Barry Backpedals

The guy just doesn't understand political capital and how to use it.

Here's BHO's concession speech and analysis:
http://www.debka.com/article/20957/

If you search the site you'll also get their analysis on why BHO made the original statement even though Hillary gave the Israeli PM a heads up and he asked for the original language to be removed. Their analysis boiled down to throwing Israel under the bus to placate the "emerging" Muslim Brotherhood.

Perry isn't running. He knows the country won't elect another Texas Politician to POTUS for another 24 years.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #48
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Barry Backpedals?

PERRY ABANDONS SHIP!

Has anybody paid any attention to what's gone on in this shameful excuse for a Texas Legislative session?

One meltdown after another. Democrats can't do chit. It's all infighting between the TeaParty folks and the mainstream GOP lawmakers. Perry, who has consistently pandered to the rightest wing out there (good for him that Attilla the Hun isn't out there), hasn't lifted a finger to make things happen.

The budget is going down in flames. School finance is going down in flames. Health care is going down in flames. Virtually every state service is being gutted so the TeaPartiers won't be accused of breaking their promise.

What have they spent their time doing? ARGUING OVER WHETHER COLLEGE STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO CARRY GUNS ON CAMPUS.

So you folks who want to dismantle the Federal government, how do you feel about the total evisceration of services under the Texas government.

When you have to drive to San Antonio to get into an emergency room, you might change your song.

At least nobody gots to pay for nuthin!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #49
caliboy
Registered Member

I've been saying for the past 4 years Perry would be our President in 2012. However, I also thought H. Clinton would win, so don't take my word for it. I'm always ready for someone new and wish they would limit to one term. Even more so, I wish the would limit senator's terms.
caliboy is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #50
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Barry Backpedals?

PERRY ABANDONS SHIP!

Has anybody paid any attention to what's gone on in this shameful excuse for a Texas Legislative session?

One meltdown after another. Democrats can't do chit. It's all infighting between the TeaParty folks and the mainstream GOP lawmakers. Perry, who has consistently pandered to the rightest wing out there (good for him that Attilla the Hun isn't out there), hasn't lifted a finger to make things happen.

The budget is going down in flames. School finance is going down in flames. Health care is going down in flames. Virtually every state service is being gutted so the TeaPartiers won't be accused of breaking their promise.

What have they spent their time doing? ARGUING OVER WHETHER COLLEGE STUDENTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO CARRY GUNS ON CAMPUS.

So you folks who want to dismantle the Federal government, how do you feel about the total evisceration of services under the Texas government.

When you have to drive to San Antonio to get into an emergency room, you might change your song.

At least nobody gots to pay for nuthin!
They did pass the all-important Noodling bill.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #51
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Don't forget Puppy Mills...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #52
Booth
Valued Poster

And let's not forget the sonogram bill. Let's not ever forget the sonogram bill. Do people around here (eccie) really support that type of heavy handed government action? Nothing like a little government sponsored terror and intimidation. I thought you were supposed to be the party of less government.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #53
Txfishkiller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

lets see now, State of Texas = best economy in the country, lowest unemployment rate, 2nd. lowest foreclosure rate, lowest taxes and best business growth, no state income tax, suing Obamacare which Neveda and 49 businesses in Nancy Pelosi s district have been given exemptions since its so beneficial. can you find a better definition of selective inforcement and favoritism. ANYONE BUT OBUMMER!
Txfishkiller is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #54
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Obviously, Txfishkiller, you haven't been keeping up with current events vis a vis the state of Texas.

According to the Texas Comptroller's Office, Texas's economy is paralleling the rest of nation for the most part. Unemployment here is lower - as it's ALWAYS been - but we're not moving the needle much faster or higher than the national economy is. Remember, when you cut Detroit and a few other northern cities out of the equation, EVERYBODY's doing better! But we're still hanging in there around 8%... tracking the U.S. about a point below.

The Leading Economic indicators index over the past year increased nationally by 4.7%. Here in Texas, the increase was less than half, 2.3%

Gas prices have risen by a greater percentage in Texas than they have nationally; gas prices were 35% higher in April 2011 than they were in 2010. Diesel about 32%.

Single family housing permits are down in Texas by nearly 22%. Existing home sales are down by almost 12%. Sales prices, meanwhile are FLAT, increasing just one tenth of a percent. Good news is that foreclosures nationally are at around 34%. Here, they're around 29%. We're kicking ass on that one!

Consumer price index is up higher here, too.

You want to debate Rick Perry's accomplishments, bring some facts. Our state government has gone down the toidy since the end of the Bob Bullock era. Perry was a horrible Lt. Gov and Dewhurst hasn't been any better.

I believe that the claims you made have had very little, if anything, to do with the job done by Rick Perry. In fact, only Delaware has a constitutionally weaker governor than Texas. He can't do much by law, and won't do much to help the people of Texas, OR avoid running our state into the ground.

Couple that with a poseur like David Dewhurst running the Senate and the influx of Tea Party parrots in the House you've got the most numbnutted Texas government since Reconstruction.

Just sayin...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #55
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Sup,
Your comment on the gas prices is kind of disingenuous. The reason for the higher percentage increase is because our prices are lower to start with. For instance if I pay $1.00 for a gallon of gas and you pay $2.00 for a gallon. A price increase of $0.50 would mean I have a 50% increase and you have a 25% increase but I'm still paying less.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #56
Booth
Valued Poster

To summarize the (R) position, if the economy is bad it's Obama's fault. If the economy is good it's Perry.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #57
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

To summarize the (D) position, if anything is bad it's Bush's fault. If anything good happens it's because Obama is our saviour.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #58
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Sup,
Your comment on the gas prices is kind of disingenuous. The reason for the higher percentage increase is because our prices are lower to start with. For instance if I pay $1.00 for a gallon of gas and you pay $2.00 for a gallon. A price increase of $0.50 would mean I have a 50% increase and you have a 25% increase but I'm still paying less.
I get the math.

The truth is the truth. What difference does it make? We'd done such a great job of keeping gas prices down here in Texas, I guess an increase like we've seen is OK. You want to pick nose hairs over that, have at it. I'm saying our gas prices have always been the lowest in the lower 48. Why now are we paying through the nose?

This is just one of many indications (research based, I might add) that Txfishkiller's argument that the Texas economy was so great wasn't quite as well founded as the way he wrote it.

The point of my post wasn't who's gas prices were lower to begin with but that Rick Perry hasn't done jack shit moving Texas forward in more than a decade and that when push comes to shove, America will push Perry off the ballot and shove him back to Aggieland.

BTW -- nice editorial in today's paper about how the Aggie faithful are more than slightly pissed off with the way Perry's "meddling" in A&M affairs... it's right above the editorial pronouncing Perry as the new "chosen one" of the evangelicals.

Let's see... yep, he's smart not to run!
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #59
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
To summarize the (D) position, if anything is bad it's Bush's fault. If anything good happens it's because Obama is our saviour.
YOW! Didn't we hear something pretty similar to that for about EIGHT years? Everything wrong that happened during the Bush administration was Clinton's fault.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #60
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Sup,
You apparently don't get the math.

Just for the record I am in no way a Perry fan but since the question was Perry or Obama I would take Perry every fucking day.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women