Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 09-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1
Default Waco Kid's College Football Week 5

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -

"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!”

Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...

Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2

Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!

Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

One Early game on Thursday ..

Thursday, Sep 29

16 S Florida

Pittsburgh

Winner: S Florida
S Florida beat ND who then beat Pitt. While i despise Skippy the bastard son of the pipsqueak S Florida appears to be the better team. So what, Skippy?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Winner: Illinois
You go Zooker, keep that big MO going, your job does depend on it.
Winner: Michigan
Looks like UM has finally found their "Michigan Man" in Hoke. Just remember Robinson hasn't proved he can win throwing the ball so when your run game gets stuffed you lose.
Winner: Arkansas
Going all in with BossHog to heap more misery on the faggies as they "exit stage left" to the SEC .. and mediocrity.
Winner: LSU
Going all in with Lester. And the fact that LSU's "scout team" could probably beat UK.
Winner: Boise St.
No way Nevada beats the Smurfs two in a row.
Winner: Baylor
K State has racked up impressive defensive showings .. against a bunch of nobodies. Now meet RGIII and lose.
Winner: GA Tech
NC State lost to Cincinnati, gave up 44 too. GA Tech should roll unless they shoot themselves before the game. Or fumble the rock like 5 times.
Winner: W VA
Holgerson got a taste of the big boys last week, this week he is the big boy.
Winner: S Carolina
Going all in with the 'ol Ball Coach.
Winner: TCU
JuneBug certainly has SMU looking better than the death penalty days but Patty's going to smack him upside the head with an Iron Skillet.
Winner: Clemson
OK, Dabo, here's you chance to be a player. So play.
Winner: Oklahoma
Enjoy your creampuff while you can, Sooners, you KNOW who's next.
Winner: Texas
I still don't understand how Gilbert's shoulder can be "good" in practice but "bad" during a game. No matter, the Case McCoy era has begun.
Winner: Wisconsin
Bo doesn't know the Big Ten yet. Welcome to Camp Randall, Bo. No matter what you do in the Big Ten your first game will always be a big fat LOSS.
Winner: Florida
Here's your chance, Willy the Traitor. Stuff 'Bama's run game and make your old boss pay. Gator Chomp.
Winner: Arizona St.
Don't blow that big MO after taking out Kiffy last week, Erickson.
Winner: Stanford
UCLA has ZERO chance to win this game.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Iowa St
7:00pm ET
I still don't understand how Gilbert's shoulder can be "good" in practice but "bad" during a game. No matter, the Case McCoy era has begun.

I will disagree with you on the this one,Weeden did not practice well, the reason he was 3rd string until the 2nd half come back against CU

also I will take KSU and SMU
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Weeden didn't have surgery on his arm, Gilbert did. Regardless of the "spin" from the Texas camp, which does sound somewhat contradictory, if an Orthopedic Surgeon felt Gilbert needed surgery then since i'm neither an Orthopedic Surgeon nor stayed at a Holiday Inn recently i'll have to take it as fact Gilbert did need surgery. No Surgeon worth his Hippocratic Oath would perform an unneeded surgery.

Gilbert was "workmanlike" in the first game against Rice, flat out awful against BYU. As the old football saying goes, most teams make their biggest improvement between the first and second games so could a shoulder issue account for Gilbert's bad passes? Probably. Again i'll have to defer to the fact a Surgeon did feel he needed surgery.

Interestingly, Mack Brown said that like Weeden, Case McCoy didn't practice well compared to Gilbert, not saying he practiced bad just not quite as well as Gilbert. That's why Gilbert opened as the starter. If you throw out the BYU game and compare the Rice game to the UCLA game which isn't much to go on but all we have to look at, is there any doubt how much sharper the offense looked with McCoy running it?

You can practice until the cows come home, what counts is how a player responds in real time in an actual game. Some kids make the plays, some kids don't. At this point with Gilbert out due to his surgery it doesn't matter, it's Case McCoy's show now.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Ha! I meant to say I was taking ISU over UT, how many turnovers did ISU have?, damn Dewars

but I did pick SMU and KSU
Old 10-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
Ha! I meant to say I was taking ISU over UT, how many turnovers did ISU have?, damn Dewars

but I did pick SMU and KSU
Ah well, i'll give ya Junebug over Patty and KSU over Baylor, but did ya pick Wisconsin to blast Bo's bugeaters or Clemson over Beamer?

UT to lose to Iowa State? lol. Yer cowpokes get your shot in a couple of weeks, you do have to come to our house this year.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Ah well, i'll give ya Junebug over Patty and KSU over Baylor, but did ya pick Wisconsin to blast Bo's bugeaters or Clemson over Beamer?

UT to lose to Iowa State? lol. Yer cowpokes get your shot in a couple of weeks, you do have to come to our house this year.
yes & yes

and just like last year, we will come to your house

I may make this trip, just to see my grandson in Austin, the kid is 18 months old and wears clothes of a 3 year old, to tell him who has the best offensive line coach in the nation. Wickline said he was offered $750,000 to move to Austin but turned it down because he was 3rd choice
Old 10-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Thursday, Sep 29

16 S Florida

Pittsburgh

Winner: S Florida
S Florida beat ND who then beat Pitt. While i despise Skippy the bastard son of the pipsqueak S Florida appears to be the better team. So what, Skippy?

Well if i knew Pitt had a real team i'd have picked them. No matter, any day Skippy the bastard son of the pipsqueak loses is a good day to me.
Winner: Illinois
You go Zooker, keep that big MO going, your job does depend on it.

Zooker sure likes to play with fire, and his paycheck, he needed 21 forth quarter points to pull this one out. That's cutting it close Zooker. Even with the Big Ten "down" this year i don't see Illinois as better than 4th overall.
Winner: Michigan
Looks like UM has finally found their "Michigan Man" in Hoke. Just remember Robinson hasn't proved he can win throwing the ball so when your run game gets stuffed you lose.

Well, Michigan is looking like .. Michigan again. This is par for the course for what UM used to do to the bottom feeders of the Big Ten. Now we see if UM is upper tier Big Ten again.

14 Texas A&M

18 Arkansas
Winner: Arkansas
Going all in with BossHog to heap more misery on the faggies as they "exit stage left" to the SEC .. and mediocrity.

14 Texas A&M 38
18 Arkansas 42
HAHAHAHAHA. that's all i have to say on this one.
Winner: LSU
Going all in with Lester. And the fact that LSU's "scout team" could probably beat UK.

Kentucky 7
1 LSU 35
Lester rolls on, UK is no more than a tune-up for bigger things.

Winner: Boise St.
No way Nevada beats the Smurfs two in a row.

Nevada 10
4 Boise St 30
Told Ya, however Moore was not sharp and threw two picks. You can do that against a bad Nevada team, be careful Smurfs.

Winner: Baylor
K State has racked up impressive defensive showings .. against a bunch of nobodies. Now meet RGIII and lose.

15 Baylor 35

Kansas St 36
RGIII is the real deal, but he's not perfect and a late pick killed Baylor. Still, Baylor gave up too many points on defense in this one.

Winner: GA Tech
NC State lost to Cincinnati, gave up 44 too. GA Tech should roll unless they shoot themselves before the game. Or fumble the rock like 5 times.

21 GA Tech 45

N.C. St 35
That's Ga Tech for ya, great on offense, bad on defense. NC State isn't exactly an offensive monster are they?

Winner: W VA
Holgerson got a taste of the big boys last week, this week he is the big boy.

Holgerson rolls over little Bowling Green, like a big boy should. WVa still looks like the favorite of the Big Easy.

Winner: S Carolina
Going all in with the 'ol Ball Coach.

Auburn 16
10 S Carolina 13
Dust off your cleats 'ol Ball Coach, with Garcia throwing 2 picks and completing only 39% maybe YOU should start.

Winner: TCU
JuneBug certainly has SMU looking better than the death penalty days but Patty's going to smack him upside the head with an Iron Skillet.

Well, JuneBug smacks Patty with the Iron Skillet, good for you JuneBug.

Winner: Clemson
OK, Dabo, here's you chance to be a player. So play.

13 Clemson 23
11 VA Tech 3
Told Ya, Clemson arrives now all they have to do is stay there. Easier said than done, Dabo. two words .. Tommy Bowden.

Winner: Oklahoma
Enjoy your creampuff while you can, Sooners, you KNOW who's next.

Ball St 6
2 Oklahoma 62
Whatever. See ya'll in Dallas.

17 Texas 37

Iowa St 14
BEAT OU!!

Winner: Wisconsin
Bo doesn't know the Big Ten yet. Welcome to Camp Randall, Bo. No matter what you do in the Big Ten your first game will always be a big fat LOSS.

Yo, Bo!! Welcome to the Big Ten. Told Ya, this wasn't even close. Badgers are a legit contenda .. for the BCS Title.

Winner: Florida
Here's your chance, Willy the Traitor. Stuff 'Bama's run game and make your old boss pay. Gator Chomp.

3 Alabama 38
12 Florida 10
Hey Will, know what a padawan is now? Darth Saban shows you the "dark side" of being a Head Coach. Oh, and tough break on your QB.

I took a swing at the upset here, Willy proved not up to the task. We'll have to leave that to Lester.

Winner: Arizona St.
Don't blow that big MO after taking out Kiffy last week, Erickson.

Oregon St 20
25 Arizona St 35
Good job, Sun Devils, but it does get tougher, so don't get a big head.

Winner: Stanford
UCLA has ZERO chance to win this game.

UCLA 19
6 Stanford 45
Told Ya, Stanford and Oregon are the class of the PAC 12. What a game that will be.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

What we learned Week 5

Olin Buchanan
Texas A&M doesn't have the defense to be a legitimate championship contender. The top-10 ranking and preseason hype that Texas A&M was a contender for conference and national championships was off target. Even great teams can blow a big lead once in a while. It happens. But blowing two huge leads in two weeks shows that A&M isn't a top-10 team. The Aggies gave up 510 passing yards in a 42-38 loss to Arkansas -- a game they led 35-17 at halftime. The Aggies blew a 17-point halftime lead to Oklahoma State a week ago. Those defensive issues raise major concerns, as explosive offensive teams Texas Tech, Baylor, Missouri and Oklahoma remain on the schedule.
[Megargee: Week 5 winners and losers]
Clemson can win with defense, too. In its first four wins, the Tigers scored at least 35 points and got explosive plays from QB Tajh Boyd and WR Sammy Watkins. But coordinator Kevin Steele's defense showed it can play, too. Clemson dominated the line of scrimmage, posted four sacks, forced two turnovers, limited Virginia Tech to 133 rushing yards and mounted a goal-line stand in a 24-3 victory over the Hokies.

Tom Dienhart
Keep an eye on Notre Dame. Notre Dame will win its next six games and will be 9-2 when it enters its regular-season finale at Stanford on Nov. 26. Since an inexplicable 0-2 start caused by inexplicable turnovers, the Fighting have won three in a row. And a season-ending triumph over the Cardinal might launch a 10-2 ND team into a BCS bowl. The latest effort was Notre Dame's most impressive yet, a 38-10 thrashing of a woefully overmatched Purdue team that sees its season circling the drain. The Irish totaled 550 yards and yielded just 270. Even more vital: ND didn't turn the ball over. This is a team that's slowly rounding into form and will be difficult to beat.
[IrishIllustrated: Notre Dame's season picking up steam]
Wisconsin in the title game -- the national title game? Wisconsin's 48-17 whipping of Nebraska means the Badgers clearly are the Big Ten's best team. The Badgers actually took over that mantle last season, when they toppled No. 1 Ohio State, then went on to play in the school's first Rose Bowl since the 1999 season. No one in the Big Ten is even in Wisconsin's neighborhood. The Badgers will be favored in every remaining contest, with their toughest games figuring to come at Michigan State on Oct. 22 and at Illinois on Nov. 19. And if Wisconsin remains unbeaten and gets a little help, the Badgers will have a shot to play in the BCS title game.

David Fox
The South Carolina offense is in reverse with Stephen Garcia. South Carolina needs to go back to the drawing board on offense. South Carolina can't win the SEC East depending on lineman Melvin Ingram to spark the team with defensive touchdowns or some wild special teams play. Saturday's loss to Auburn was proof of that. Ingram finished with 11 tackles, 3.5 sacks and an interception, yet the Gamecocks lost 16-13 at home. Much will be made of Steve Spurrier's poor clock management, which cost the Gamecocks a chance at a tying field goal. If South Carolina wasn't such a mess on offense, South Carolina wouldn't have to depend on perfect clock management. Stephen Garcia threw his eighth and ninth interceptions of the season and his 14th in his past seven games. He was 9-of-23 and completely ineffective on South Carolina's final drive. Alshon Jeffery finally was involved again after just four total catches against Navy and Vanderbilt, but most of his production came on a 50-yard touchdown catch. Something needs to change to lift this offense -- whether it's backup QB Connor Shaw or something else. After that happens, clock management won't be as glaring an issue.
[GamecockCentral: South Carolina falls short]
Kellen Moore is human. No matter the conference, Moore easily could have been his league's player of the week after each game. That won't be the case this week. Playing on a bum knee, the Boise State quarterback showed that he is indeed human. He passed for a career-low 142 yards and completed only 19-of-33 passes against Nevada. The most shocking development was the interceptions. He threw two of them -- on back-to-back plays, no less. It was only the third multi-interception game of his career. Boise State still won 30-10, with Nevada doing all its scoring in the fourth quarter.

Mike Huguenin
Line play matters in the SEC. That's why Alabama took Florida to school in Gainesville, shutting down the Gators' rushing attack and running the ball right down the Gators' throats in a 38-10 rout. The margin would've been closer had Florida QB John Brantley not left the game with an injury late in the second quarter, but Alabama still would've won. The Tide easily handled the Gators at the line of scrimmage, and Florida coach Will Muschamp has to be more than a bit uneasy with LSU looming next on the schedule. As with the Tide, the Tigers have dominant fronts -- just like Auburn in 2010, Alabama in 2009, Florida in 2008, LSU in 2007 and Florida in 2006. Dominant fronts win SEC -- and national -- titles.
[TideSports: Alabama answers the challenge]
Texas is hitting its stride. The Longhorns steadily have gotten better, showing Saturday in a 37-14 whipping of Iowa State that they've grasped the concepts of new coordinators Bryan Harsin (offense) and Manny Diaz (defense). Texas led 34-0 at halftime and cruised from there. Granted, Iowa State isn't that good, but the Cyclones beat the Longhorns in Austin last season, when Texas finished 5-7. This is not a 5-7 team this season, Texas has a huge step up in competition next week, when it takes on archrival Oklahoma in Dallas. Given the way the Longhorns have improved on a weekly basis, Longhorns fans can have some hope that, at the least, the game is going to be close.

Steve Megargee
Illinois could be this year's Michigan State. Last season, Michigan State seemingly came from nowhere to win 11 games and tie for the Big Ten title. This season, Illinois could emerge as that under-the-radar Big Ten team that contends for a conference championship and posts a double-digit win total. Illinois rallied from an 18-point, second-half deficit Saturday to beat Northwestern 38-35 and improve its record to 5-0. The Illini have a dynamic quarterback in Nathan Scheelhaase. They also have a favorable schedule. Illinois doesn't play Nebraska or Iowa this year. Its three toughest remaining opponents -- Ohio State, Michigan and Wisconsin -- have to visit Champaign. Illinois won't beat out Wisconsin for the Leaders Division title, but a 10-win season is possible.
[Video: Luck shows he can catch, too ]
Auburn's defense has come a long way in a short time. After giving up a total of 110 points in its first three games, Auburn needed dramatic improvement from its defense. That's just what it got Saturday in a 16-13 upset of South Carolina. Auburn limited star TB Marcus Lattimore to 66 yards on 17 carries. The Tigers also forced Stephen Garcia to go 9-of-23 with two interceptions. Auburn obviously doesn't have the dominant brand of defense we've seen from SEC West rivals LSU and Alabama this season, but the Tigers have improved quite a bit over the past few weeks. The Auburn defense that held Lattimore in check Saturday looked nothing like the group that allowed Utah State and Clemson to move the ball at will.

Tom Dienhart's Week 5 awards
COACHES
Wish I were him: Clemson's Dabo Swinney
Glad I'm not him: Texas A&M's Mike Sherman
Lucky guy: Illinois' Ron Zook
Poor guy: Syracuse's Doug Marrone
Desperately seeking a clue: Boston College's Frank Spaziani
Desperately seeking a P.R. man: Georgia Tech's Paul Johnson
Desperately seeking sunglasses and a fake beard: Connecticut's Paul Pasqualoni
Desperately seeking … anything: Kansas' Turner Gill

TEAMS
Thought you'd kick butt, you did: LSU
Thought you'd kick butt, you didn't: Baylor
Thought you'd get your butt kicked, you did: Purdue
Thought you'd get your butt kicked, you didn't: Auburn
Dang, they're good: Wisconsin
Dang, they're bad: Louisville
Did the season start? Colorado
Can the season end? Arizona
Can the season never end? Texas

GAMES
Play this again: Arkansas 42, Texas A&M 38
Never play this again: Michigan 58, Minnesota 0
What? Auburn 16, South Carolina 13
Huh? Kansas State 36, Baylor 35
Are you kidding me? Pittsburgh 44, USF 17
Oh … my … God: SMU 40, TCU 33 (OT)
Told you so: Wisconsin 48, Nebraska 17

NEXT WEEK
Ticket to die for: Oklahoma vs. Texas in Dallas
Best non-Big Six vs. Big Six matchup: Air Force at Notre Dame
Best non-Big Six matchup: TCU at San Diego State
Upset alert: Miami over Virginia Tech in Blacksburg
Must win: Tennessee over Georgia in Knoxville
Offensive explosion: Auburn at Arkansas
Defensive struggle: Florida at LSU
Great game no one is talking about: Missouri at Kansas State
Intriguing coaching matchup: Arizona State's Dennis Erickson vs. Utah's Kyle Whittingham
Who's bringing the body bags? Kansas at Oklahoma State
Why are they playing? Syracuse at Tulane
Plenty of good seats remaining: Minnesota at Purdue
They shoot horses, don't they? Colorado at Stanford

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women