Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #31
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Tex, where in the Constitution does the government have the authority to take money from me by force, so someone else can buy a Big Mac? It's not there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papadee View Post
It's there in Article 1, Section 8.: Congress shall have the power to lay & collect taxes... and provide for the general welfare of the U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Taxation Clause, Interstate Commerce Clause, Necessary and Proper Clause, General Welfare clause, Etc.
Forget it guys. Unless there's a line in the Constitution that specifically states "The government can tax citizens and provide for the poor", people like Cuteoldguy are going to continue to rely on that same old claptrap.

Funny though, you'd think the cutoldguys of the world would actually be grateful that 48% of the income earning population pays no income taxes.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Funny though, you'd think the cutoldguys of the world would actually be grateful that 48% of the income earning population pays no income taxes.

No people on the right do not want the wealthy to pay more taxes, they want poor people to!

Their motto seems to be "taxes for the wealthy, bad. Taxes on poor folks, good.''

They want the poor to pay their fair share but not business nor the wealthy.
Stupidiest shit I have ever heard. People making 8 dollars an hour need to pay more taxes but the wealthy are over taxed.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #33
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

And they claim to believe in Federalism and the 10th Amendment, but when 4 out of 50 States do use the Freedom that the Federal government gives them to experiment and try a new policy, they go ape shit. It's not really the Federal government they hate (as their great hero George Bush's love of War and defense contractors shows), it's poor people.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #34
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
No people on the right do not want the wealthy to pay more taxes, they want poor people to!

Their motto seems to be "taxes for the wealthy, bad. Taxes on poor folks, good.''

They want the poor to pay their fair share but not business nor the wealthy.
Stupidiest shit I have ever heard. People making 8 dollars an hour need to pay more taxes but the wealthy are over taxed.
WTF, Doove, and TTH it's useless making the right see the light at the end of the tunnel. Majority of those people who showed up at rallies for the TEA party got a tax break under Obama's policy- remember Joe the Plumber it was proven by many political check groups that he would have got a better tax break under Obama's plan than McCain's plan, but the GOP tried too use Joe the plumber as their symbol.
To make an analogy I see the GOP as a bar owner that is constantly serving alcohol to an already tipsy man who has to drive his wife and kids home, but the bar doesn't care as long as they are making money- I use that analogy because the GOP just throws out some policies that are downright beneficial to the elite, super rich and corporations and than when someone from the left wants more taxes on the rich and a tax break for the middle they yell it's Class warfare!!!!
I am convinced that if a GOP gets in office sooner or later there will be 2 classes the Rich and the Poor.
I am not lying to you guys I know some hard working families and friends who make decent salaries but they feel like they are barely living above the poverty level- and they are looking for some politician to start giving the middle class a break.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I am not against anyone who deserves to get food stamps getting help by getting food stamps. The fact that they qualify for food stamps would indicate they don't have enough money to feed themselves and face the choice of paying their rent/mortgage, other bills or buying food. However, dinner out costs a lot more money than cooking and eating in. The amount of groceries you can buy for 50.00 will feed a family of four several meals where as one meal at a moderately priced restaurant for four could easily cost 50.00 or more. Allowing food stamps to be used to pay for prepared meals in restaurants is another example of government waste.
Food stamp money would stretch much further if use of them was limited to purchasing basic unprepared foods only, and did not include junk foods, candy, sodas, chips, and so forth.
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #36
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Which do we think there is greater Fraud in? Food stamps fraud or Fraud in the Defense industry?

Which do the right wingers cry about and which do they sit silent on?

I think we all pretty much know the answers to those questions.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #37
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Which do we think there is greater Fraud in? Food stamps fraud or Fraud in the Defense industry?

Which do the right wingers cry about and which do they sit silent on?

I think we all pretty much know the answers to those questions.
right wingers in the defense industry think food stamp fraud makes them not sit silent on it. Fraud in the Defense industry is a talking point for Dems. we all know the answer we won't cry. LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Man, I don't know where to begin to correct your nonsense on the Constitution. Income taxation isn't taking my money by force? Try not paying it.

You guys have no clue what the commerce clause, general welfare clause, etc. mean, or why they were adopted, or what the Founders were thinking when they wrote it.

No wonder we are becoming a police state.

So let's just let the government do whatever it wants, for whoever it wants, to whoever it wants, and as long as we can fly a flag, By God, it's great to be an American!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #39
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So let's just let the government do whatever it wants, for whoever it wants, to whoever it wants, and as long as we can fly a flag, By God, it's great to be an American!

That about sums it up!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

“Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated.”
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #41
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, elaborated upon this limitation in a letter to James Robertson:
“With respect to the two words ‘general welfare,’ I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.”
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

“If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the general welfare, the government is no longer a limited one possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one subject to particular exceptions.” James Madison, “Letter to Edmund Pendleton,”
-James Madison, January 21, 1792, in The Papers of James Madison, vol. 14, Robert A Rutland et. al., ed (Charlottesvile: University Press of Virginia,1984).

Gee, Madison WROTE the Constitution. Maybe he understood what it meant.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #43
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

It's almost over people. Time to wake up!

“There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”
-James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788
Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 AM   #44
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

And what do you call a parent who doesn’t feed his/her children because – for the sake of convenience – s/he blows the family’s entire monthly food budget on fast food two weeks into a month? What then shall the children eat?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #45
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Let them eat cake

'Qu'ils mangent de la brioche',

WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women