Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2020, 04:13 AM   #1
Peterparker1957
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3
Default politicians and correcting an injustice

A suggestion, a look at returning our government to being run by and for the people, not by a few entrenched people who’ve made careers out of politics.

1. Politicians, all elected people should no longer be allowed to set their salary. I think every person in an elected position should be paid 10% more than the average wage of those people in the district they represent. This should be looked at annually and adjusted based on the average of those people they are elected to represent. Average wage in their district goes up their salaries go up, average wage in their district goes down, so should theirs. Politicians should not be allowed to set their compensation packages any more than the citizens they represent can do where they work.

2. Strict financial ethics laws should be in place to shut the door on these people using their positions to enrich their lives and the lives of their family members.

3. Term limits on all elected officials.

4. Return the senate to being appointed positions where they can be recalled in an instance if found they no longer working in good faith for those in their districts. (Yes, before 1914 senators were appointed, not elected)

5. Stop talking about doing away with the process of the Electoral College. Educate yourselves and you will see without it the presidential election would be controlled by only the 6 most populated states. Less populated states would have no voice without this. I think all states should use this process in state elections as well. Why should our major cities have such control over our states? All counties and parishes (for our Louisiana friends) should have an equal say in their states decisions ... not only the large population centers. Many laws passed to address issues in major cities overshadow areas of the state that should not be. (Example... Citizens of the state of New York are very restricted in owning handguns. Why? Because of laws enacted to control New York City. Instead of this being state laws it should be local laws.). Changing this would require local laws to govern local areas, not just blanket the entire state.

Anyway, my two cents worth. Not that anything will change here, but at least I got to express my opinion.

Have a great day America!
Peterparker1957 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:03 AM   #2
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I love # 1 and hate # 4.

I don't see how the electoral college can ever be changed - it gives the small states a voice that can't possibly be willing to give up.

Good post!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #3
Peterparker1957
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Fred, trouble is we have a bunch of uneducated people that don’t understand our system. They want the president to be elected by a popular vote nationwide. The problem is we have a generation of people that have been indoctrinated in the schools by the liberals that control education.
Peterparker1957 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #4
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

NYS needs a Electoral College
Andy only wins 7 counties of 62
offshoredrilling is online now   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
papadee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

6. And this crap should be moved to the correct forum.
papadee is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:27 PM   #6
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadee View Post
6. And this crap should be moved to the correct forum.
Why the rage sir? Not a good look!
Great topic op! First amendment needs to be clarified because it is widely being abused in our world today!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:36 PM   #7
papadee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Why the rage sir? Not a good look!
Great topic op! First amendment needs to be clarified because it is widely being abused in our world today!
No rage, but there are guidelines here (and lately not enforced) that puts all political/religious topics in the political forum. If it were in the correct forum, then I'd take time to discuss it point by point.

Edit: From June 2013 - http://www.eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?f=1701

Due to popular request, all political/religious discussion are now moving to The Political Forum" effective immediately.

The Sandbox will now revert back to a fully moderated forum, with all the standard forum guidelines and rules back in effect. For those that need a refresher on those, please see http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

Any new political/religious thread started here will be moved to "The Political Forum" and be subject to the lack of civility and rules there.
papadee is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
No rage, but there are guidelines here (and lately not enforced) that puts all political/religious topics in the political forum. If it were in the correct forum, then I'd take time to discuss it point by point.

Due to popular request, all political/religious discussion are now moving to The Political Forum" effective immediately.

The Sandbox will now revert back to a fully moderated forum, with all the standard forum guidelines and rules back in effect. For those that need a refresher on those, please see http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5

Any new political/religious thread started here will be moved to "The Political Forum" and be subject to the lack of civility and rules there.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #9
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterparker1957 View Post
Fred, trouble is we have a bunch of uneducated people that don’t understand our system. They want the president to be elected by a popular vote nationwide. The problem is we have a generation of people that have been indoctrinated in the schools by the liberals that control education.
Bam!!!!! This is exactly what I believe. If you look at Germany during the 30S and 40s this is what they did to control the country. They started it at the age of 5. Controlled indoctrination is what our education is today and the generation out and about now is living proof
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #10
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Quote:

Uh oh! It's the forum police. Everybody run and hide.
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:56 PM   #11
Financeman22
Premium Access

Encounters: 38

Would never change, remember “He who owns the marbles Rules!! “
Financeman22 is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #12
sexykarma
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I agree with transparency, responsibility and accountability as referred and alluded to in your opening statements....

I heard once that the house of representatives gets a 100% retirement package that gets paid from the general fund...??? Anybody know about this?

As far as the electoral college and the view that 6 states would dictate the outcome.....it still should be a "one person, one vote" process, everybody that chooses to vote votes, then all the votes are counted to establish the winner by popular vote. If it takes a month to count the votes, then so be it. Nobody needs to know that same night.Count the individual votes and dump the electoral college.

It's total bullshit though to claim "our votes count" when about 4 elections in history that have been won by a candidate carrying the majority of the popular vote lose the election to the person carrying the electoral college.

The people I don't understand are the ones who are so over the top happy to vote, are just excited for the process and having the freedom to vote, but when you ask them what they are getting for having voted given the corruption and lack of transparency, responsibility or accountability of our leaders.....they seem like they place the whole simple act of voting on some ecstacy orgasm plane as if it doesn't matter what the candidates stand for or what they may do for the country, for them it's like the process of voting is some holy grail to be cherished and worshipped when all they are doing is choosing which leg they want broke. If laws were in effect to limit powers, spending, conduct and actions by our leaders then it wouldn't matter so much who got voted in because they'd be under strict guidelines. As is it still doesn't really matter who gets elected as they can pretty much do whatever they want and get away with it.
sexykarma is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 02:35 PM   #13
Opossum
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Deleted
Opossum is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:16 PM   #14
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkalini View Post
Uh oh! It's the forum police. Everybody run and hide.
I can't breathe!

I'm for all the ideas, except term limits.. we have those already.. it's called grow some balls and throw out the rascals.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:26 PM   #15
Opossum
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opossum View Post
Deleted
FYI!!! WHAT I HAVE POSTED WAS VERY INCITEFUL AND THOUGHT PROVOKING BUT I DELETED IT BECAUSE IM SICK AND MOTHER FUCKING TIRED OF BEING SOMEONES PUNCHEDLINE. YOURE LOST NOT MINE. IM DONE DONE DONE WITH YOU DOUCHBAGS.
Opossum is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women