Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160319
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 06-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #31
deacon
Premium Access

Encounters: 11

In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”
Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about ...............dont let the facts get in the way of liberal thinking whatever you do..lmao
deacon is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #32
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Gimme

Gimme a P. Gimme an A. Gimme an L. Gimme an I. Gimme an N. What does that spell???...................... Dumb

Gimme a D. Gimme an E. Gimme an A. Gimme a C. Gimme an O. Gimme an N. What does that spell??????................... .......Dumber than bat shit!
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #33
deacon
Premium Access

thats all ya got? thought so.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #34
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Debt plan

I did hear that Palin has a plan to reduce our national debt by selling Canada.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #35
deacon
Premium Access

i heard obama had the same plan about selling california but couldnt get an offer..kinda like general motors.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #36
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default General Motors?

Might rethink the General Motors comment? I will give you a Mulligan.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #37
deacon
Premium Access

thats right.. i heard we were going to give them to china.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #38
herfacechair
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon View Post
In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”
Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about ...............dont let the facts get in the way of liberal thinking whatever you do..lmao
Not only that, but the Regulars knew that the sound of gunfire, bells and drums at the village meant that they were not just going to walk in there and take what they wanted to take. They didn't have cellphones, telephones, internet... heck, they didn't even have phones. So, when people in the countryside heard gunfire, bells and drums, they knew something was up. If they had a gun, or were close to a bell, they also made some noise... to warn those living further away from the town.

The Regulars understood this, as it was the same thing they'd do back in the UK.

Paul Revere was part of a group of colonials who tracked the Regular's movements. So, naturally, he was one of the people selected to run to towns across the countryside to activate their warning system.

When the Regulars heard those warnings, they knew that taking our arms, without protest or resistance, wasn't happening.

Why did I highlight "Regulars," here?

Because many people heard Palin's account, then scoffed... "Why, he ran and told the Americans that the British/Red Coats were coming you dummy!"

Ummm... yes and no.

His actual words words were, "The regulars are coming!" Redcoat didn't come to play as a description until the war progressed. Paul Revere's ride would be equivalent to someone, in the National Guard, calling his battles back home to warn them that a Regular Army light infantry battalion was on its way to the National Guard Armory to disarm them.

But that fact, as well as a bunch of other Revolutionary War facts, remain absent from those that criticized Sarah Palin.
herfacechair is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #39
thorough9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Really?? So, now we're gonna re-write American History to suit the ramblings of an babbling, bumbling, idiot who got a story, that most 4th graders know, wrong.....
That's just fucking sad....

Paul Revere didn't leave from anywhere, riding a horse, to go and warn the British! WTF! If he did, then history would have placed him next to Benedict Arnold. Only an idiot would defend an idiot or and idiotic response. The blind leading the blind...
thorough9 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Now THERE is a partisan defense! Facts don't matter. Sarah Palin could say the sky is blue, and someone would call her an idiot. She says plenty of stupid things. But give her credit, she got this one right.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #41
herfacechair
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorough9 View Post
Really?? So, now we're gonna re-write American History to suit the ramblings of an babbling, bumbling, idiot who got a story, that most 4th graders know, wrong.....
That's just fucking sad....

Paul Revere didn't leave from anywhere, riding a horse, to go and warn the British! WTF! If he did, then history would have placed him next to Benedict Arnold. Only an idiot would defend an idiot or and idiotic response. The blind leading the blind...
If there's any rewriting that happened, it's with the version of American History that kids learn in schools these days. What I said is documented fact.

What most 4th graders know is a watered down, legendary, version of what happened. Keep in mind, grade schoolers aren't quite ready to learn the full details of what happened during our history. But, with a poem, they could learn the extreme basics.

However; there's a lot more involved with our history. For instance, Paul Revere rode out with a battle buddy. He was part of a larger group that went out to the country side in two man teams... to guarantee that the message got out. If you just relied on the history taught to you in grade school, you wouldn't have learned that fact.

What I said still stands. Most Americans don't fully understand, or know, what happened during the American Revolutionary War. But again, both during junior high and senior high history, I noticed that most my classmates didn't take history class seriously. This is something that happens the vast majority of the time.

Sarah Palin may very well not have had exposure to American history since she was in high school, we're talking decades here. She gets access to the facts, a more complex version of the one she covered in high school, read it once, and tried to explain what she just read.

The intent of her explanation still stood... One of Paul Rever's message was to cause the alarm systems to go off, in order to get the militia ready to respond to the advancing regular army. Those bells, drums and gunfire did another thing... it sent a message to the regulars that the colonials had no intentions of giving up their arms.

And get this. During his capture, in addition to saying what's in deacon's post, Paul Revere warned the British that if they didn't move on, they'd miss their mark... IE, they'd miss their objective.

I highly recommend that you examine actual history texts, surrounding the American Revolution, before you dismiss something as being "re-written."

Heck, you might run into facts that these 4th graders, heck, not even their junior high and high school counterparts, would ever run into...

* Like the role that Bernardo de Galvez y Madrid (Spanish counterpart to Lafeyette) played in securing our "independence" from Britain. Hint, his forces stopped a three pronged British Assault that would've ended our revolution and secured British Victory...

* The role the Russians played in our support during that war...

* Why Great Britain had to focus a large percent of her maritime might to her waters... it wasn't because of the US, not even remotely...

* Why the Declaration of Independence has no other purpose than to be a historical document. (HINT, it's a lawyer type document that has since been null and voided... by 3 key members of the patriots. No... they're not listed as traitors either.)

The list goes on, but my point stands. I'm not re-writing history. I had to relearn it as it actually happened, because the watered down version you learned in school isn't close to being the complete story.

The fact remains. Sarah Palin didn't get her point across properly, but she touched up on something that's closer to reality than what watered down version that 4th graders learned.
herfacechair is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #42
deacon
Premium Access

its just easy to call palin a whore and a idiot then face facts. i think she owns haliberton and owns a oil company and beats her kids and sees russia from her house and steals clothes.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #43
thorough9
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Now THERE is a partisan defense! Facts don't matter. Sarah Palin could say the sky is blue, and someone would call her an idiot. She says plenty of stupid things. But give her credit, she got this one right.
So they taught you, on the stone tablets, that Paul Revere went out to "warn the British"?

And quit trying to make "partisan defense" work. It like "fetch"...... LMAO.
thorough9 is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #44
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

They weren't stone tablets. We were well into the Bronze Age when I was in school.

Hey, I had it wrong, too. But I was able to accept facts and adjust accordingly.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #45
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon View Post
its just easy to call palin a whore and a idiot then face facts.
She's an idiot media whore. That was easy. I wish the media would just ignore her and hopefully she would just go away. Anyone who thinks she has a shot at being elected president is just as stupid as she is. Recent polls had 63% of respondents saying they would definately not vote for her.
KCJoe is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women