Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35164
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_...hall_Institute

Roy Spencer contributes to these lobbyists. I have no idea if he was compensated or not (but I can guess).
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #17
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

"DD, is that some kind of trick to get my to post personal info? Do you want my license plate and home address too? Should i post pictures? heh heh Don't worry, I'm not driving my Hummer to the airport to hop on a private jet. Sorry to disappoint you."

Dont deflect the question with your usual bullshit, I did not ask for your personal information, I just find it funny how these so called "green" people dont live by what they preach. I love the liberal do what I say not as I do attitude. If you really believed the bullshit you spout most of the time you would be living the "green" lifestyle rather than just talking about it. Besides, anyone who has been in the restroom at the bus station has all your personal information anyway LOL.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
are you like most climate zelots who talk the game but who owns gas guzzlers, energy guzzling homes, flys all over the country, you know like Al Gore.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/al-gores-mansion/

A little research from neither the liberal elitist mainstream media or the uber right wing Fox network.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #19
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC View Post
A little research from neither the liberal elitist mainstream media or the uber right wing Fox network.
Fox News (not the Fox Network) is not uber right wing...they only appear that way because they give both conservative and liberal commentators equal time, unlike the other MSM outlets, where finding a true conservative point of view is seldom found. In addition, their commentators are balanced:

Conservative: Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Neil Cavuto
Moderate: Shepard Smith, Bill O'Reilly, Bret Baier
Liberal: Greta Van Susteren

...and yes, Bill O'Reilly is moderate, or populist, not conservative.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #20
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
In addition, their commentators are balanced:

This may be one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time. How does 3 conservatives and 1 liberal equal balanced?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #21
Omahan
Secretary of State

Don't let this degenerate into a finger pointing match. The topic is the weather not Fox news or MSN.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #22
JT
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Fox News (not the Fox Network) is not uber right wing...they only appear that way because they give both conservative and liberal commentators equal time, unlike the other MSM outlets, where finding a true conservative point of view is seldom found. In addition, their commentators are balanced:

The way I see it:

Moderate: Bill O'Reilly, Bret Baier
Liberal: Greta Van Susteren, Shepard Smith, Geraldo Rivera

Looks pretty balanced to me.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #23
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

People will believe what they want to believe.

Evidence that convinces me may not convince you and vice versa.

As far as most people who believe in being green not doing so...well...
Most people are hypocrites. We believe in law and order, except when it comes to prostitution. We believe in the sanctity of human life, except for those who have murdered. We believe taking drugs is wrong, except when we are in pain or feel like having a drink. I turn out the lights when I leave a room, but surely will die without my new Mustang GT.

The point is, we believe what we choose to believe, and that is what our country is founded on.

Of course that doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with me isn't full of shit.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #24
Longermonger
Valued Poster

There is no middle ground truth. There are no moderate facts. I'm all for people have a variety of opinions, but you just can't do that when it comes to simple things like facts.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #25
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

you forgot to add amnesty boy, Geraldo Riveira, a liberal

Still the question is "have you noticed the weather is getting worse?" I guess I am not surprised the the global warming defenders would come out (read about the anatomy of the con [con job], the vic usually is in denial when they get the bad news). I was hoping for something witty like God is angry at the democrats or something. At least something humorous.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #26
Longermonger
Valued Poster

The weather is worse because God is angry at John Galt. LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #27
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Quote:

I was not trying to make any personal comment about fox. I was simply using the terms that both parties use as labels. Polotics is no longer about doing what is best for the country or the people. It has gotten more like a basketball game with an all out, win for my team at any costs. Nothing matters as long as my team wins.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:01 AM   #28
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Sorry, last posts off the subject of Global Warming. Don't know. Do know that if we conserve and use more cleaner energy it will drive down our dependence on foreign oil.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #29
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I'm all for conserving oil. I drive a compact car. I'm also all for drilling more oil right here in the USA.

I don't mind mandates that require one to look at operating cost vs install cost (high efficiency furnace for example). I'm not for the bill that has already passed the house - which requires me to meet energy 'standards' to sell my home.

I'm all for using new technology. I happen to be LEED certified....so I'm not just pulling stuff out of my ass.

But what we are doing now is not smart. Ethanol is not 'green'. The laws of conservation of energy point that out. Battery operated cars are not 'green', lithium is a Rare element.

Our best solution to energy needs is continued exploration and development of what we know works - oil, coal, nuclear, natural gas. Tragically, however, that is hampered by illogical talk of global warming.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #30
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

For levity, this commercial for Audi, shown during the Super Bowl, was incredibly clever:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq58zS4_jvM"]YouTube- Audi 2010 Green Car Super Bowl Commercial[/ame]

For one thing, people on the left are going to say "This is how it should be to enforce green policies" while people on the right will say "This is how it will look like if green policies are enacted." So, both sides can claim that this commercial supports their point of view.

Also, Cheap Trick did re-record their song "Dream Police" for the commercial (www.cheaptrick.com) changing only the "Dream" for "Green" in their lyrics. The ad company that created the commercial is located in San Francisco, which said that the part of the commerical where the person who was going to put orange rind down the disposal was violating the compost rules was taken directly from a municipal law in San Francisco, so art, in this case, was imitating life.
Thread Closed