Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 02-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Have you noticed that the weather is getting worse?

For some of you this is not to be taken too seriously and you know who you are...

For all the talk about global warming, have you noticed that the weather is gotten worse since Obama has taken office? I think this is only fair since (for some odd reason) Bush was blamed for Katrina.

I'm not sure that worse is a operative term since weather is weather but it has been worse for us.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

LOL

Bush wasn't blamed for Katrina, but he was blamed for the aftermath. The government as a whole was blamed if I'm correct.

You can't blame the weather a president or one person, as much as you or I would like. Mother nature is what she is, and she doesn't care who is president, mayor, governor, etc.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
CuriousMe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

SSSSHHHHHH, don't tell nobody that this has been a colder than normal winter. Otherwise Gore and the gang can't put a carbon tax on us. The international banks can't make their money on trading the made up out of thin air carbon credits. SSHHHH
Old 02-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Don't tell Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. that either....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-79834057.html
Old 02-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

"Bush wasn't blamed for Katrina..."

Some kooks have in fact inferred that Bush had some secret weather machine.

Some kooks with better name recognition have inferred or accused Bush of blowing up the levees to flood the poor parts of town - Spike Lee, Louis Farrakhan, etc. ABC News even did a story on it.

According to Gallup, 10% of the population believes this as well.

Its not a far fetched idea...in 1927, the levees in NO were breeched, to save the wealthier part of town....still very unlikely though.

So, yes, Bush has been blamed for Katrina, itself. Cheney has already been blamed for the earthquake in Haiti. All kinds of conspiracy theories floating out there.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMe View Post
SSSSHHHHHH, don't tell nobody that this has been a colder than normal winter. Otherwise Gore and the gang can't put a carbon tax on us. The international banks can't make their money on trading the made up out of thin air carbon credits. SSHHHH

Do you claim that this has been a colder than normal winter IN THE USA or WORLDWIDE? You do understand that North America can have a cold spell while the rest of the world is having a hot spell, don't you?

Are you a regular viewer of Sean Hannity? Now how would I know that???
Old 02-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #7
Longermonger
Valued Poster

"January 2000 to December 2009 was the warmest decade on record. Throughout the last three decades, the GISS surface temperature record shows an upward trend of about 0.2°C (0.36°F) per decade. Since 1880, the year that modern scientific instrumentation became available to monitor temperatures precisely, a clear warming trend is present, though there was a leveling off between the 1940s and 1970s.

The near-record temperatures of 2009 occurred despite an unseasonably cool December in much of North America. High air pressures in the Arctic decreased the east-west flow of the jet stream, while also increasing its tendency to blow from north to south and draw cold air southward from the Arctic. This resulted in an unusual effect that caused frigid air from the Arctic to rush into North America and warmer mid-latitude air to shift toward the north.

"Of course, the contiguous 48 states cover only 1.5 percent of the world area, so the U.S. temperature does not affect the global temperature much,' said Hansen.""
----------

NASA is in my posse.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #8
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longermonger View Post
"January 2000 to December 2009 was the warmest decade on record. Throughout the last three decades, the GISS surface temperature record shows an upward trend of about 0.2°C (0.36°F) per decade. Since 1880, the year that modern scientific instrumentation became available to monitor temperatures precisely, a clear warming trend is present, though there was a leveling off between the 1940s and 1970s.

The near-record temperatures of 2009 occurred despite an unseasonably cool December in much of North America. High air pressures in the Arctic decreased the east-west flow of the jet stream, while also increasing its tendency to blow from north to south and draw cold air southward from the Arctic. This resulted in an unusual effect that caused frigid air from the Arctic to rush into North America and warmer mid-latitude air to shift toward the north.

"Of course, the contiguous 48 states cover only 1.5 percent of the world area, so the U.S. temperature does not affect the global temperature much,' said Hansen.""
----------

NASA is in my posse.
A question - where is the above quote cited and who is Hansen?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #9
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

This Nasa?

http://www.greenhousetruth.com/blog/...12_temps.shtml

Turns out they have been, ahem, incorrect before, when making 'warmest ever' claims.

Whodathunkit, a bunch of government scientists whose very positions depend on continued research have made mistakes towards the 'warming' side.

How come NASA keeps removing temperature stations from its data set?

How come the CRU won't release the algorithm they use to 'adjust' the temperature data?

How come nobody acknowledges that temperature reading stations are being overtaken by development, with no temperature adjustment - per this link.

http://www.surfacestations.org/odd_sites.htm

There is a guy at work here is absolutely terrified about global warming, he has actually told me that it is immoral to have more than one child as a result. He is completely illogical about it, and stirred only by fear. Therefore, the only thing I can say to him is:

Put down the Rolling Stone...back away slowly.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
SFviii
Adriana’s BFE/fluffer

Encounters: 3
Not sure if anyone realize that El Nino happened last year on the Pacific Ocean and the west coast. According to weather/climate experts, El Nino tends to disrupt and create chaos on the natural scheme of things that was a normal climate system that some are used to. Last time El Nino came forth a couple of years ago, there was an excessive amount of hurricanes that visited the east coast and transforms in tropical storms inland. This year, the winter storms are brutal...especially on the east coast

SF8
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Monger, I am going to ask you again, I know your not going to answer but again, what kind of car do you drive, have you converted your home to solar, do you recycle or are you like most climate zelots who talk the game but who owns gas guzzlers, energy guzzling homes, flys all over the country, you know like Al Gore.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #12
jeyhawq88
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

So much for not taking this thread to seriously, right guys?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 AM   #13
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Some people have no sense of humor...

Okay, this thread was not supposed to be that serious but some people brought up a few things that need clarification;

Hansen; [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hansen[/ame] a discredited scientist (physics, not climate) who worked for NASA. He frequently went before the public with claims about global warming but was rebuffed by his superiors because he could not back up his claims with scientific proof. See Roy Spenser, NASA.

There has also been record cold weather in China, the Korean peninsula, Japan, Mongolia, Denmark, Scotland, etc. Remember the Climate conference in December? Record cold! Record snow in Beijeng! http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=41295
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/ja...na-south-korea
http://feltd.wordpress.com/2009/12/1...or-copenhagen/

After my last post I wanted this post to be more light hearted but some people are strangely defensive. There is a psychological term for that but that would be too serious. One lady was unaware of the fraud perpetrated on the people. That is understood since it has not really been reported in the main stream media.

It is becoming apparent to the most uninformed that there are some problems with the Global warming claims. Every week it seems that one more piece of the puzzle turns out to be a fraud. Information from a rock climbing journal was used as scientific peer reviewed evidence in the UN climate report. The orginal author (a college student) never said he had proof, he was just musing about the future. That ended up in the report and the head climatologist in England knew where the info came from!!!

Longermonger; I read six newspapers online and check the websites of Fox News, ABC, and CNN. I do have Glenn Beck on my desk top but I haven't went to his website in .....about three weeks and that is rare. So please take your hatred and rejoin your flat earth friends.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #14
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Looks like hatred and snide remarks swing both ways.

All I know is that it was colder than a witch's tit this morning.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #15
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Galt, I never addressed you. In fact, I don't know how you can claim that I have any hatred considering how little I typed. Did "NASA is in my posse." followed by a smiley face cut you to the core? LOL

Now, to correct you...

Hansen is not discredited. Hansen knows quite a bit about the climate of Earth and other planets. My guess is the "rebuffed by superiors" part is when the Bush Administration censored his report for political reasons. Is that what you're referring to?

See Roy Spencer. I did! LOL Why is Roy Spencer a member of the Heartland Institute? The Heartland Institute is funded by oil companies and tobacco companies!

DD, is that some kind of trick to get my to post personal info? Do you want my license plate and home address too? Should i post pictures? heh heh Don't worry, I'm not driving my Hummer to the airport to hop on a private jet. Sorry to disappoint you.
Thread Closed